main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Fundraisers and Community Events: Comments, Suggestions and Ideas!!! Input please.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK Dodge was confused :confused: with this at the bottom of the meeting thread, so I am starting
    this one and Jaria or anyone else will stick importnat information here.

Perhaps those interested can pipe up here so we can get the registration thingy turned in.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    ...what I said in the other thread... ;)

I'm in barring any scheduling conflicts--I need to check with my family, but I think it should be fine.

For the record, I think we should have the option of getting pledges or pitching in ourselves or both.

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Jacob, that's fine, I don't see why we can't get our family/friends to pledge money. For the sake of easiness, I am cutting and pasting the info here from the other thread:

Okay, here's the info on the Bowling for Kids: If we can get everything togather, the 25th is fine, there are two time slots: 1 and 2 pm. There are 4 or 5 people per team, so if we have more than that coming, we may have to have two or three teams. Costumes are a must if you have them, the coordinator was totally excited about it. Remember, this is to raise money for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, so I think what we decided on at the meeting Saturday was to each chip in a little bit of money and hand it in as an Arkansith donation. If you all have any questions, let me know....

4. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    ok here is a question also one where is this located at?? i could come in costume i should have my stormtrooper done by then :) also would it be ok if i let the 501st and rebel legion know about this also since im apart of the 501st, and arkansith :)

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    It's at Professor Bowl West in Little Rock.

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I am going to go out on a limb and say yes let 501st and Legion (is there an active legion group here in Arkansas?)
    That is what Henry was talking about. We want the groups to band together and get more done. There is more power
    to a group of 30 than to two seperate groups of 10....See the big picture.

So, with that, Jaria, if you are doing the coordinating....

Count me in...
    So, thats three counting you and I am sure that Kynstar is going....

Conduit will be out of town at his folks...

Later.
    [face_pig]

7. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    ok wife and I are game :) going to let the CO of kessel base for Rebel legion know, and also let Star garrison and 70th explorers along with Southern outpost of the 501st know :)

8. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The three of us will be there two in costume. One Stormtrooper and one Biker Scout.

9. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    ....AND IF A SITH LORD IS NEEDED HE SHALL APPEAR

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Are those all OK clubs?

11. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    501st is international org, along with rebel legion

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think that he was asking if the specific branches were from OK?

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    [face_whistling] Trying hard to leave that one alone...

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Jaria,
    When do we need to get the info to the bowling people..by info I mean the registration part of the thing.

Do we register ourselves or register the whole group at once or what?

Thanks

Bacon

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yes, we need to get that info and also some sort of head-count to see if we need more than one lane--how many bowlers can usually bowl a lane?

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    There are 4 to 5 people per team, so 8 to 10 people per lane. We need to get the info ASAP so that we can ensure there are enough lanes for the day we want. I can register us as teams, but I will need to fill in the pledge sheets when we register. So, yes, I need a head count as soon as we can get one, as well as how much money we will be pledging as a team.

17. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    ONE THING IS FOR SURE. I CAN'T BOWL IN MY ARMOR. BUT I CAN TAKE CARE OF THE WHOLE KISSING BABIES THING.:D

18. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The three of us will be there and bowling some. Is there any kind of age limit just wondering for Tre'.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Sharon,
    I will be there...I am working on collecting more money...

Do they need the money that day? Or now?

I've got some faculty members that want to give me a donation....

If they'll let me bowl in my sexy air boot, then I shall be bowling...

If not, I can stand around and take pictures...or something.

Do we need to PM you the personal info???

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Okay, here's some more info: The money is due the day that we bowl; it can be given in the form of cash or check. We will have to fill out a pledge form, but we only have to fill out one with the name of our group. If the people you are getting pledges from want a pledge form, let me know and I can get it to them. If they put the Arkansith name on it, it will go in our name.

When we register (hopefully soon), we will get our own team website from what I understand. On that site, a progress bar will be included to show how much we have raised.

I need a consensus on whether we will play at 1 or 2 pm!!!

Henry, there is no age limit, everybody is welcome to play.

Now, for the amount we will raise, our illustrious leader has suggested trying for $2,000. He pointed out that this can be from personal donations and pledges from friends and family. If we have two teams of five, that would add up to $200 per person.

Any other questions? Come on, throw 'em at me, I'm ready!!!:p

Oh, and Vader? I'd like to see you try to bowl anyways. That'd be better than watching stormtroopers bowl.:)

P.S. I WOULD LIKE TO GET US REGISTERED BY THE END OF THE WEEK IF POSSIBLE. EVERYONE START CHIMING IN!!!

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Around $200 per person? :eek: Wowzers. A pity most of my family is out of state. I'll try to round up as much as possible but I doubt it'd be $200 if even close...

22. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    oh you think that's funny i should either wear my tie pilot or royal guard where i can't see below the chest LOL

23. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    depending on income taxes and how my pregnant wife is feeling. i might be able to come. i may just be moral support and come to hang out tho. i can't make positive plans since my new apprentice is on the way.

24. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Either time will be fine for us troopers +1.

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, if you come as a guard will you still bring your TIE stuff? -->'cause that is the first imperial costume I want to do.

And I am really looking forward to seeing all our imps bowl in armor.

Congratulations, K, when is the due date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.