Fundraisers and Community Events: Comments, Suggestions and Ideas!!! Input please.

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    PIX! PIX! PIX! PLEASE SHOOT ANY YOU HAVE OVER TO BELADONA317@MSN.COM , WE HAD A NICE TIME MEETING EVERYONE. THANKS TO OTIS FOR THE MPIRE BUDDIES, I GOT YOUR BACK BROTHER IF I SEE ANY CLONES. ALSO A THANKS TO THE KIND BARRISS WHO SIGNED MY FAMILY UP!....=D=
  2. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OH...AND TO THE VERY NICE PRINCESS LEIA( WHO SENT ME THE DARTH BOWL PHOTO) AGAIN I'M SORRY YOUR PURSE GOT TAKEN DOWN TO THE CAR WITH MY BOX OF DARTH ARMOR.
  3. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's cool. The important thing is I have the darn thing :)

@};-
  4. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    THANKS FOR THE PIX! I NOW HAVE PROOF THAT I WAS INFACT A HALF NAKED OVERLY TATTOOED DARTH VADER IN THE MIDDLE OF A BOWLING ALLEY.:eek:
  5. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey!!!! Everybody stop by the Bowl For Kids website and look at Julia's name under the "biggest donators' on the FRONT PAGE! We're in 3rd place now, too!!![face_dancing][face_dancing]=D==D=
  7. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was great to meet those I hadn't met yet.

I have pictures of bowling Troopers and bowling Vader...And bowling Jedi and a bowling Princess....

I just have to figure out the computer thing...??? HELP!!!!

I'm just not good with this sort of thing?

So, as soon as I get some help with that....

Henry, if we can compile pics sometime, I want to start a ArkanSith "scrapbook" that we can take to events and have for people to look through. As we get the chance to do more fundraisers and things we can also show that we are doing other things for our community.

Thanks to everybody that came out, in costume or not.

It was great to meet those I hadn't met yet.

We're posted at 1,020 right now. That's not bad for our first rundraise.

Jaira: could you send me the donation list you have, the one on the bowling site doesn't match what we actually donated...and I want to put it in the scrapbook and keep a record of it. Thanks.

We've been bumped to #4 as a group, but it's still cool that we made over 1000 for our first fund raiser. We get the all important awareness that we out here working for our community.

Thanks again and watch the site for coming things....

[face_pig]
  8. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Master

star 3
    just curious, did my check go for the group? because im still at zero on the Bowl for Kids website
  9. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the website is just for refrernce mainly anything they took the other day is not showing up on the site.
  10. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everybody stop by the Bowl For Kids website and look at Julia's name under the "biggest donators' on the FRONT PAGE!...

Way to go, Julia! You rock! Not to mention, yesterday was just fabulous. I was just telling my friend on the way to Church this morning, "The only problem with the bowling trip yesterday is that it came and went too quickly!"

Lavenderrose73 @};-
  11. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    We're in third again. And it looks like there is still a lot to go through yet--cash and checks from yesterday?
  12. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ANYONE HAVE ANYMORE DIGITAL PIX?[face_dancing]
  13. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, we're in third, and like Jacob said, I think they are still going through everything. I wonder if they wait until checks have cleared to add them?[face_thinking] They've adjusted our total to $1105.
  14. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    VADER 312:

I have pics on a disc...So, as soon as I figure out how to put them on a computer I'll email them your way.

I have a couple of you bowling helmetless...and one in helmet posing with a bowling ball...and then you and the two troopers posing with the sign for the event.

I'm working on it.

Should be done soon.....

(right now I'm behind at school...)
  15. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all! I had four pictures that sorta came out, but you know how those disposable cameras are. Here's what I have:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f356/Jaira97/Bowl%20For%20Kids/?sc=1
  16. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey thanks Jaira, I got 'em. Now I'm just waiting for the others to come in.

@};-
  17. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about our next event, and I need some feedback. How often do you guys want to do this type of thing? Also, how far is everyone willing to travel? There are several fundraisers in Benton, for example. Ideas?
  18. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am willing pretty much any time. I think to help keep the cost down we should look at helping out fundraisers or other events instead of protisapating in them all the time. Like when Cops for Kids hang out at Wal*Mart to take up donations instead of us donating (you can if you want ) we could go and just help collect money and draw attintion to them.
  19. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm for trying to raise money as a group or supporting other organizations that are trying to raise money.

It's the costumes that are going to ultimately get the charities attention. Attention to what the charity is trying to do is what helps them raise money.h

So, as long as we are willing to go out in costume to get attention for the charity. I think that we are doing a great thing.

This is sort of a personal one, but I want us to register as a team for the Komen breast cancer walk/run this October. This is a charity/ awarness event that is very close to my heart, as those of you who know me are aware...

Henry mentioned pink armor or pink stripes on armor...This is one that I want us to do.

What do we think about this one?

We need to do something with the Boo at the Zoo people. And Toy Hill needs more organization this year.

Jaira, what events do you speak of in Benton?

Bacon
  20. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    One in Benton that caught my eye was:

Sparks in the Park / Benton

Massive Kid's Fair
    Fundraiser for CASA of Saline County
    Parade, Radio Disney performance, Amusement rides, train rides, pony rides, competions, food vendors, Morgan Nick Fingerprinting, Children's Fire Safety House, Search and Rescue Unit, clowns, games, silent auction, Spiderman, General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard, workshops,

Details:
    Saturday kicks off with a 10:00 Parade around the Park
    Radio Disney takes the stage at 10:30
    Bring the family for a great day of fun! Admission is free.

It's on April 22nd. However, this is coming up and I'm not sure if they need help. Here's a link to upcoming fundraisers if you all want to check it out:http://www.katv.com/community/showcat.hrb?i=5
  21. Korvyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is a copy of an email that i had sent out and recieved a reply to just before i lost my internet connection in early aug. it is for the NWA childrens shelter and he seemed really interested when i talked to him on the phone. Someone might want to contact them and see if they are still interested.

----------------------------------------------------

This sounds very interesting. As you can see I am copying this to three other employees, our Director of Development & Marketing, our Volunteer Coordinator and our Activities Coordinator. We would love to meet with you and see how we could involve you with the kids and our events. Please send me your contact information and we will set a time to visit.

Thanks,

Jack Eaton
    Executive Director
    Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter
    7702 SW Regional Airport Blvd.
    Bentonville, AR 72712
    479-795-2417
    479-531-4913 cell
    479-795-4195 fax
    jeaton@nwacs.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:47 AM
    To: jeaton@nwacs.com
    Subject: Star wars apperances

Mr. Eaton,

My name is Nick Spears and i am an avid Star Wars fan. There are a few of us through out the state that have some great star wars costumes. We also love to help out in the communities we are apart of and particularly those areas involving children. I would like to open a line of communication to hopefully help out some with your Childrens shelter. Most of us would be more than willing to do a costume day to come there and meet some of the kids as well as dress up and help out in any fund raisers you might have.
  22. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That sounds really cool. I'll start browsing ebay for costumes to purchase so I'll always be prepared for an event. Just bear with me; I'm thinking about a Princess Leia costume like what I wore at the bowling alley and I remember finding a rainbow dress like Padme wore on Naboo in Attack of the Clones. It may take awhile to acquire a nice little costume collection, and I really need to make the costume I intend to wear for Celebration IV. I'm with y'all!

See ya!

Lavenderrose73 @};-
  23. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! I have sent pictures that were taken by Melissa, the BBBS rep, to everyone whose e-mail address I have. If you didn't get them and you don't have an e-mail in your profile, PM me with an e-mail address, and I'll forward them straight to you.
  24. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to add the idea of maybe an event later in the year for the Arkansas Childrens Hospital. We could raise or collect financial contributions and coleect toys to deliver to children at the hospital in costume.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, if it has I apologize.
    This is something close to my heart personally and I would be happy to run the G.A.R into it and do a cross group promotion.
  25. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Regarding Korvyn's post up above, I need some feedback. It looks like it would be a short road trip for most of us, and so I am putting out feelers..here they are...to see who would be interested in going out that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.