main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Fundraisers and Community Events: Comments, Suggestions and Ideas!!! Input please.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Jaira I say give him a call and just get soem more info Like what days normally how long and maybe whats involved.

As for A.C.H. some one contacted them a while back and they didnt seem to happy about the idea and Im not for sure why though.

Chase has a library event in Hot Springs later this year. He might need some help with.

Some of you got an email from Tracy today he has been contacted by Make a Wish I will past the email in the next post please respond asap.

2. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004

Wendy Bird <wbird@midsouth.wish.org> wrote:
    To: <stormtrooper9612@yahoo.com>
    Subject: star wars costumes
    Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:34:50 -0600

Hi Tracy,
    I have a kid that I am granting a wish for very soon that loves Star Wars.
    We were thinking about having his enhancement party (where we tell him he is getting his wish to go to Disney World) at a pizza place (his favorite food) and we would love to have some Star Wars characters there as well. Do you think that you and your friends would be available to help? It would be fairly soon. I still have to check with the sponsor and the family to see what dates work well with them but the dat! es we are looking at right now are: Saturday, 18th
    Sunday, 19th
    Tuesday, 21st
    Thursday, 23rd

If any of these dates work with you please let me know.
    Thanks again for your offer!

Wendy Bird
    Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-South
    Arkansas Senior Wish Coordinator
    2228 Cottondale Lane
    Suite 300
    Little Rock, AR 72202
    501-376-9474 phone
    501-372-1290 fax

**** Just let me know if anyone wants to do this.... or not. If we can as a group, maybe we can make a good connection with Make A Wish ***

3. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, I love the idea! I just don't know if my visitor will still be here (she's supposed to get here on the 9th, but maybe she'd like to come too if she's still here then, in which case I wouldn't see why not if it's the 18th or the 19th). Tuesday the 21st is out; I start acting class that evening and I have English from 11:30am to (I think) 1pm. Depending on where this place is, I may make it Thursday the 23rd if it's well after 1. I start class again on the 20th with English at 11:30 Mon-Thur, and Fine Arts-Music at 3:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please tell me it's here in Pulaski County. It's not just the driving anxiety issue; this month I had some car repair issues this month.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm in any day but the 21st.

5. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    WHERE IS IT....

6. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    They are trying to get all the details worked out. I can be there on the 18th 19th. I will go ahead and let them know one of those two days would be fine so they can get things going .

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    If it's the 18th or the 19th, I'm pretty hopeful. I believe I have a ride available. Thank you, Jaira. You're a lifesaver.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

8. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I could do it, but not on Sunday.

9. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Yes, of course, Church. I need to keep that in consideration when making plans, although I can go to evening service if something's going on. I agree that it's probably better not to do something on Sundays if it will infringe with someone's comittment to a church service.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Make a Wish has it's own thread. Please post there if you can come...And what you're dressing as...

It will be on the 18th and noon at the shotgun dan's in Rose City (North Little Rock)

Thanks...

Bacon

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, what if I just don't know yet? I don't know how long it will take to do that Princess Leia Costume. I can go to Costume Corner and rent the other one if I don't have it made by then, hoping it's available. What should I do, just wait or go to their thread (wherever that is) and tell them I have an 80+% chance of making it as Princess Leia? Jaira, any spare time in the following week? I need to get cracking on that costume if I hope not to spend another $20 on a rented costume, although that's what I'll do in order to do this. I really want to.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

12. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Barbara,
    The other thread is here on this site.
    I'll include you in the preliminary count for Wendy.

Thanks

Bacon

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm not sure I'll have any spare time in the next week to work on my costume, Barbara. I have four papers and a midterm next week, and Mack will be working 12 hour shifts...I'll give you a call if I see an opening...

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    It's cool, whatever happens. As long as I know ahead of time. :)

@};-

15. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm going to repost the info for this event in Benton, because I didn't really get feedback on it except from Tracy, and he was very interested in it. I'm calling them tomorrow to see what the deal is, and I'll post more info as I find it out. Bear with me right now, I'm on bedrest and not even supposed to be on the computer. [face_shhh]

Sparks in the Park / Benton

Massive Kid's Fair
    Fundraiser for CASA of Saline County
    Parade, Radio Disney performance, Amusement rides, train rides, pony rides, competions, food vendors, Morgan Nick Fingerprinting, Children's Fire Safety House, Search and Rescue Unit, clowns, games, silent auction, Spiderman, General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard, workshops,

Details:
    Saturday kicks off with a 10:00 Parade around the Park
    Radio Disney takes the stage at 10:30
    Bring the family for a great day of fun! Admission is free.

It's on April 22nd.

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    It sounds fun, but with my financial situation I'm kinda afraid to put myself in a situation where I'll be tempted to spend money (and I don't mean the amount it takes to have one meal at a pizza parlor). I hope it goes well, though.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I say tell them well be there or at least a few of us. If enough people want to that is if not then there will always be another day. Are name is getting out there and will continue we are talking to the Twisters about a Star Wars night. Also if we do the MS walk there will be lots of people there to see us.

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I really want to do the walk. I just hope it won't cost upside the head to do so. I'll have to know the cost before I can decide either way.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

19. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I'VE DONE MAJOR BUSINESS DEALS WITH THE TWISTERS IN THE PAST, I'M SPEAKING WITH TRACY CURRENTLY ON IT. I'M NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE PERSON HE SPOKE WITH AND I MAY TAKE OVER ON THIS ONE PERSONALLY AS THE FOOTBALL TEAM IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF HOCKEY DUDES AND I USED TO PLAY.

20. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I am posting this on more than one thread: Someone rented the Princess Leia costume at Costume Corner (the reason I reserved the Queen Padme one), and the lady said the Princess Leia had not been picked up yet. I just got back from picking up mine, and I just want to make sure that person knows Costume Corner is open tomorrow from 9am - 2pm. Hope it works out. I just barely remembered mine the last hour it was open today, myself :oops: .

Lavenderrose73 @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.