Fundrasers & making FF Greenville Livlier

Discussion in 'Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
    As I suggested and no one said anything about it... in addition to Kevin H's car washing idea, I think it would be good to try and find somewhere to set up a FanForce booth and sell baked goods. My stepdad is a master that baking cakes from scratch with icing from scratch. All we'd haveta do basicly is buy the supplies to make them. If we cut them in to individual pieces, we could sell the pieces of cake for .50 or something. Or a whole cake for a set amount. Also save a bit for free samples for people to try. I think we cold raise some good money for a C3 fund. I also think some of the fundraisers should be for charity. maybe 2 out of every 5 fundraiser drives some or all of the profits will goto a charity.
    -----------
    Which leads me to another point. Are we dead? We hardly ever do anything together as a FanForce. I see so many well organized FanForces out there who go to movies, have book discussions, etc.. If we wanna make FF Greenville stay a FanForce, I think we need to become a bit livlier. We all have busy lives, but we all signed up to be fanforce members, and I think we're getting away from that. Greenville isn't the best place to have a FanForce, as its a boring town. We never have any real entertainment coming here, we have a huge convention center but no conventions... All we have basicly is a bunch of drunk college students. But...we autta try and do something to make us more known. I am probabaly getting a new job soon and hopefully will have weekends off so that will help considering I'm pretty much the only one who prevents us from having weekend meetings because of my work schedue. I am getting help for my ankle problems and part of that is training for a new job where I'm not on my feet for several hours a day. So, that will help. So do you guys agree that we should try and organize ourselves a little better and be more of a group, instead of a bunch of guys (and a girl) hanging out every once in a while? Any suggestions on the fundraisers? Any suggestions on what activities we can do as part of Carolina FanForces?
  2. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    It's about 12:30 am right now. I'm going to bed and will comment on the above later today or tomorrow when I have more time.

JMK

Keep up the good thoughts.
  3. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I don't really agree with a lot of that. I agree we're a small group and I have no problem recruiting new members, but we've met every month since we've formed except last February. We chose not to meet then because we knew we'd be meeting in early March. We've attended a movie, built props, enjoyed a cookout, and attended a con which I think is great for a small group like ours. Sure, we could start saying "meet the second Saturday of every month" and become all military about it, but I think we've all gone out of our way to be accomodating so that everyone can attend meetings, etc. I think book discussions could be fun, but I don't think every meeting needs to be "an event." Just hanging out is cool sometimes because when going to meetings becomes more of an obligation than a good time, it won't be fun anymore.
  4. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am very sorry if I offended anyone. I suppose that lack of sleep and over time at work can make someone impatient and crazy. That's how I was when I typed it. Looking at it now when I feel a little better, it does seem like a rant. Again I am sorry for offending anyone if I have and I love Greenville Fanforce, maybe we just need to get out more & possibly do those fundraisers to help out needy folks and also to help raise money for Celebration 3. I look forward to the next meeting and to see you guys again. Sorry again...

BFo9/TK ????
  5. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Kill Bill, Kill Bill, Kill Bill!!!!! Hahahahaha. Say my first advertisement for this a couple of days ago. I think it comes out next weekend, but I could be wrong. We'll meet for some Uma. I'm just sad they killed Lucy Lui off in the first movie.

JMK

The opinions given are just that opinions. We must all feel free to voice are concerns. I respect everyone in our group and I know ya'll do also. Thanks for being yourself. I think we do pretty good for such a small group and yes I would like to see our numbers increase. I don't think a bake sale would work for fund raising (location problems), but all thoughts are valid ones. BFo9, you are a valuable member of this group, we all need to blow off steam every now and then, just make sure you read what you write. By the way, the Stormtooper armor will cost you a little over 5 c-notes (just for armor and helmet). You'll have to trim it and fit it yourself. This is a lot cheaper than a B.F. and D.V. costume. Let me know when you are read to buy and if you need help. We have about 5 501st members here in G-ville. 3 are Stormtroopers.

JMK

6. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't find your post offensive either and it did bring up good points about looking into getting our name out there and increasing membership (which would probably happen if we got our name out there). I just thought with all the other things everyone had going with jobs, relationships, family, other obligations, etc., that it was pretty impressive that we've all managed to still get together virtually every month (but one), even if a few of them were just sitting around at B&N running our mouths. With nice weather looking like it's finally arrived, it might be time to start considering another cookout!
  7. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
    thats great! kill bill vol 2 does indeed come out the weekend of the 16th, and I have luckily taken off that night. hopefully that'll be the night we do our meeting (the 17th..sat) is the 17th okay for everyone? Baby Back Joe's and then Kill Bill Vol 2? (with prop and fundraiser discussion at dinner)
    ----------
    yeah kev, ive been in contact with sean for tk armor. ive been working at both jobs a lot and ill hopefully have it in july or aug. i just bought my blaster and im working on getting the boots and undersuit. im also gonna work on building other blasters myself, which I'm actually making a new thread for Greenville FanForce Propbuilding, so go there to check out my good news and links.

thanks for understanding and being such good friends :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.