main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funko Pop: Star Wars

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by UmphPool, Nov 4, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try Forbidden Planet for the Ahsoka. They get a lot of imports there. If you are near London they have a megastore on Shaftesbury Avenue but you can also order on their website.

OliffWanKenobi and Darthmaul208 like this.
  2. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    We made a last minute decision to go back to Celebration on Sunday, I was hoping to find the smuggler's bounty Boba Fett which I'd seen on Friday but had sold out, however I did find the Gamestop Rey (with x-wing helmet & doll) which I'm absolutely chuffed with - I won't tell you how much i paid :eek:

3. OliffWanKenobi

Jan 13, 2016

Uh-Oh what have you done?! For some reason I've never thought of looking at FP for Pops, very reasonable prices, they even have the vaulted Lando for £7.99 (pop price guide puts it at £33!).

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got my Gamestop Rey w/ helmet & doll Pop along w/ General Leia.

Looks like my Smuggler's box should be here tomorrow.

Funko had a pair of Vader/Stormtrooper salt and pepper shakers on their Facebook feed the other day, I wonder if we might get a Jabba's palace themed pair of shakers and one Pop this go around. If not those shakers might end up in the Death Star box.

5. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I ended up getting my Luke and General Leia in today! I much prefer the General look to the Princess look, and this is the first official Luke product, so I'm pretty excited they're in :). And the EB games Rey is on her way as well. I might even be able to snag the walgreens exclusive Rey as my Dad is flying in from the states for a wedding at the beginning of September so my TFA Funko needs might be met before the end of the year :)

And then the rebels and the rogue one lines are gonna hit and I'm going to be so broke...

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I need to try to find the Walgreens Rey, I kept not seeing the prequels guys that were the last rounds of exclusives there... grrrrr. I really want Luke, my whole TFA shelf is completely void of any Luke stuff :(

7. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Hot Topic! Forbidden Planet is your best bet for exclusives.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. OliffWanKenobi

Jan 13, 2016

Don't know how I forgot, but Pop in a Box UK tend to get some exclusives too.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Smuggler's box arrived! Different types of goodies in this box!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI Gamestop currently has the San Diego Comicon Ceremony Han Solo and Luke Skywalker available to buy! (I bought Luke.) They also have a bunch of pops on sale for $5 each!

I've got SDCC Yavin Luke, Gamorrean Guard, Tusken Raider, Wompa, Hoth Han Solo, and Ep 7 Luke all on order.

11. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I only have one Pop: a Stormtrooper that I was given as a gift. I'm tempted to get TFA Luke and Ahsoka (when she's out), but I'm wondering if they'll have bases like the trooper? I may be misremembering, but I could swear that I've seen Pops without stands.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah there seems to be no rhyme or reason - some have stands some don't. Some of them have heads that wobble, some don't.

13. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Would I be correct in saying, based on a quick Google search, that most of the SW ones appear to have them? I can understand Jabba not having a stand, for instance.

14. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Jabba appears to be the exception. Every Star wars pop I've seen in stores and own has a Star Wars Stand and the characters all have bobble heads.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah other than Jabba and the larger ones like the rancor and dewback, they all have stands and are bobble heads. I'm not sure how they decide which line of Funkos are bobble heads or not but they seem to be doing mostly non bobble heads now outside of the SW and comic book ones.

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It's a licensing agreement. If they're made without Bobble heads, they're deemed action figures and funko doesn't have the rights to make SW action figures. Same with some of the other properties they own.

PadmeLeiaJaina and cubman987 like this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That makes sense..thanks for that I always wondered why that was.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank you SO MUCH for that clarification.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    cubman987 likes this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    BTW makingstarwars has some info on Funko stuff coming up.

1) Lucas(film) has a large say in what Funko items are sold as exclusives and at which convention
    2) NYCC exclusives already locked in, SWC 2017 exclusives will be locked in within 30-60 days and themes for Smugglers Bounty decided for well beyond mid 2017
    3) TFA items being phased out with the focus turning to Rogue One
    4) Rogue One pops will be revealed on Force Friday
    5) Rebels will be a major focus, too, with Ahsoka hitting shelves first and the rest to follow soon, but definitely before early 2017
    6) Prequels pops being made due to customer feedback (does NOT include Clone Wars license)
    7) Funko uses Smugglers Bounty as a "test/experiment" of new lines
    8) Expect "new form factors" and "product mixes" in the sub box
    9) Still working on securing Dorbz license
    10) Pop Rides *NOT* out of the question and working hard to make it happen (not a total license lock down as many expected)
    11) Rogue One Smugglers Bounty coming after Death Star
    12) Death Star - will have a POP! that is a NEW MOLD and a NEW CHARACTER - I think that's the given we're getting a Wobbler and a Pop

Darthmaul208 and OliffWanKenobi like this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd get that Fett wobbler if I saw it. It looks pretty good.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like these better than the Wacky Wobblers - I like the more cartoony look and thicker bodies. The wacky wobblers were kind of creepy w/ their huge heads.

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I saw and picked up Old Luke recently. I was wondering if they had made a TFA Han or Leia yet?

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They've done both. Han they did as a Loot Crate exclusive in his snow parka, there's a standard version, and one out there w/ him holding Chewie's blaster. Leia has 2 one in her General outfit and one wearing her blue dress. The blue dress version is on sale over at Gamestop.

25. OliffWanKenobi

Jan 13, 2016
    Recent additions for me have been Snap Wexley (from my Pop in a Box subscription) and Boushh (masked not the rare unmasked) which was on sale in HMV.