main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Funniest Misspelled Words-- Whn teh kish runs awry withtt he fpoon.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Bale, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I spelled coughin' coffin' before: As soon as there was a pause in her hacking, Tina choked out, "Sorry, I can't stop coffin'." She imediately resumed her painful cough as she covered her mouth with both hands. o_O

I don't know why, but for some reason I have trouble with sound alike words. I know the difference, but I still tend to type the wrong word... such as know for no, dual for duel, etc... and vice versa. Even to, too and two, I tend to mess up on, even though I know the difference. The funny thing is, as I type this post, I didn't mess up at all on them... just like when I talk about my stuttering, I don't stutter. :p

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was rereading one of my favorite vignettes of all time and found that someone described a sound as a "Crash of symbols." Now, what would that look like or sound like?

3. Altaysky

Altaysky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    xD. I remember I was kinda writing and my attempts to put Palpatine and election in the same sentence made me write Electoral Palatinate.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I recently just caught a sentence of mine where I had mis-spelled "emotion" as "emoticon" and "her" as "here."

For some reason the phrase "[...] did some inkling of emoticon re-enter here," looks just a bit silly. 8-}

5. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    This happened to me recently: someone had "encountered" something, but silly me swapped the position of the "o" and the "c". Oh, how that could have ended horribly.

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Dorrmat. Now that was stupid.

7. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm pretty sure they won't let you post that here... [face_blush][face_laugh]

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It's not exactly a Star Wars misspelling, but I saw someone write "pail" instead of "phil". I wonder who "pail" was? [face_mischief]

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    My sister produced the most wonderful verbal typo (?) the other day. We were talking about Les Misérables - apparently Javert commits suicide by throwing himself off a fridge [face_laugh]

10. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    austin powers, goldmember.
    not exactly starwars.. but her!
    anyway, nice to mole you... mett you! MOLE!!!

EDIT!
    oh my god i actually made two honest mistakes in there!
    oh the irony!
    im not gunna delete them because it looks weird...

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oops, wrong thread.

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I've been having a sift through this thread but if this one has been mentioned before, sorry in advance. Seen some hilarious typo's here though - my fave being "darkness crapped across the galaxy" XD
    I am also glad to see that many of you have fallen foul of the 'druids' auto spell checker thing too [face_laugh]

One I remember cropping up in an old fan fic of mine was what should have been a simple line of Mara kissing someone goodbye which turned out like this...

"She hissed him goodbye"

I nearly fell out my chair when I read over that fic a year or so later, trying to imagine that scene normally has never worked since XD

13. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    It would work if Mara was a Barabel...and this one iz sure a Barabel would find that one hilarious!

*sissing*

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Funniest so far for me: "blond" as "bland" when describing Luke... and Luke is not bland!

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I never thought of that one, now all I have to do is change the names and no one will be any the wiser ;)

16. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Depends on your point of veiw, I guess...

I never thought of that one, now all I have to do is change the names and no one will be any the wiser

That's what happens when you spend all your time writing about aliens instead of humans.

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

Shh, you'll blow my cover [face_shhh] or should that be clow my bover?

I found a couple more amusing typo's in old fics of mine yesterday (druids aside), A mandalorian was apparently changed to mandatorian by the auto spell check D:

18. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    mandatorian Jingo.

Don't give me ideas....[face_worried]

...too late.:p

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Many times when I go to sign onto the boards, I accidentally type either Winstar, Wigstar, or Wingtar instead of Wingstar. Perhaps my fingers have an aversion to typing four consonants in a row. :p

One time I wrote consolation instead of constellation.

20. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    "Look, that's the Aries Consolation"

"Really? I wasn't even aware she was dead"

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Did you teach earth-space science around twenty-five years ago? If so, you could be the teacher who graded the paper in which I made that error. [face_laugh]

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    While typing out thanks to a reader some other place:

thanks for faking the time to comment.

:oops:

I was never good at faling time for anything. [face_plain]

23. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Okay, this is a long one. You know how on your mobile phone (cellphone for the US citizens amoung us ;) ) there is an option for predictive text, so that you can just type and type without having to select each individual letter? Yeah, well, for about a year it had me fooled. I would be meaning to use the word 'suppose'.

However, whenever I would type it in, up came 'purpose'.

And for an entire year, I couldn't figure out what this word 'purpose' (I was pronouncing it in my head "purr-Pose?") was. Until I was ranting about it at a party, and was put in my place by a 12 year old. A twelve year old girl had to teach me the English language. It was my biggest failing as a writer ever :p

Not technically a spelling mistake, but a devastating lapse in 'knowing stuff'.

24. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    No, actually, I;m only just taking first year Sciences myself...I'm only 18

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I won't say who, but a dear reader of mine asked for a birthday present--"Finnish LYBJ by my birthday." I had to regretfully inform her that I only speak English and Spanish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.