main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Funniest Misspelled Words-- Whn teh kish runs awry withtt he fpoon.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Bale, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    From AnakinsFavorite's "Freaky Friday," Luke goes to the Senate, only to see delegates "flunked by guards."

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Ooh... I am so digging through your posts, Ish [face_mischief] It isn't my fault if I have very little time and my spellchecker changed it.

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    "flunked by guards" was actually quite funny when I re-read the post and found it.
    Definitely one of the best in-fic typos.

4. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Apparantly, my character loves orbiting large plants. :cool:

5. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    ((blows dust off of thread)) Oy, this thread had been my source of amusement for the past few days...

I really don't know if this counts as a typo, but in this book series called Junior Jedi Knights on the first page, the first words are "Anakin Skywalker walked down the ramp..." (or something of the nature) In a book about Anakin Solo. It wasn't a flashback or something either! :eek: I don't know if someone posted that one already (I still have some pages on this thread I want to read), but yeah, that is one of the more amusing typo like things I have seen...

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I caught this one before it could go anywhere.

one of those sappy flicks she used to watch with the girls, and the protagonist had held the heroine in his arms after just saving her from marrying the wrong men.

A good deed, I would say.:oops:

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Tonight, I was writing a post and came to a paragraph that ran like this in the end:

"Vali ducked out of the waiting room a few minutes before the ceremony and came back to report that the ballroom was ?stuffed to the rafters.? This was undoubtedly meant to make Amne nervous, but she instead bared her teeth at the closed doors as if facing an enemy."

Unfortunately, I wrote "enema" first.

8. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Well I imagine they would prompt similar reactions. :p

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Especially since the paragraph referred to her getting ready to marry Palpatine.

10. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I'm forever typing remember as rember. Drives me up a wall.

11. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I HAVE to share this, it's a HOOT.

I'm editing this book for someone who's writing about an old lady who's in desperate financial circumstances and not so great health, and can't maintain her house or take care of all her animals on her own anymore. It's that all too common situation where an old person probably really ought to move but can't stand to leave the home she's lived in for decades.

There's a line in it about how a rabbi in the story is calling the old lady's daughter out of state about the problems, so she can help straighten out her finances.

Except in the version I just read, the word is misspelled "fiancees."

So, with one misspelled word, this poor old lady with a broken down house and barn, too many horses, no money, and a sprained ankle to boot, is now a two-timin' floosie engaged to two men simultaneously!

I was laughing out loud, all by myself, in the middle of a crowded cafe at that one!

[face_laugh]

12. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    That reminds me of what I did for an OU assignement about geology. Instead of writing basaltic lavas I wrote balistic lavas. It was a good thing I noticed the mistake before handing it in to be marked...

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Usually I forget about mine, but: Loving to sit down instead of "moving". I'm pretty certain that Mara doesn't "love" sitting down as much as she has been...

14. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    LOL! Just so you know, I read the word "finances" as "fiancees" the first time around and wondered what was wrong. Then I read it a second time.

So here's one I saw this week. My sister had typed up her deferment letter all nice and neat, and my mom was going to send it out to the college, which is New York University.

Instead it said: New Your University. Good thing I caught that before it was sent out.

15. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    My local news once had an interview with the "Pubic Works Department"

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I misspelled one of my OC's names... her name is Koria, and I put Korea... though it's pronounced similarly, the accent for my character is on the first syllable, not the middle one like the country.

I once read an ad in the newspaper for an accident insurance company: ...for the seriously insured.

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Got a new one: "holocaust" instead of "holocast." Oops...

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Unlocked and upped. :)

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I guess this is what happens when you post 4 mushes in one day.

'Panty' instead of 'Pantry'

But strangely enough it sort of fit since it was about where Qui-Gon was having inappropriate sex while trying to influence a minister to advocate for peace in a negotiation. [face_worried]

But I killed it anyway. It will have to live on only in the reply that found it.

20. DarkPowerUnlimited

DarkPowerUnlimited Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2008
    I found a misspelling in a spelling book. It wasn't intentional. Not used as a part of a lesson, either. :p
    Then right afterwords, I spaced and couldn't spell 'like'. [face_blush]

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You only think - but I neither wished to point it out nor diminish anyone else's enjoyment of same (the first response was posted as I was typing my own).

I do have a :confused: just what IS appropriate sex for a Jedi? :D

22. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    That sounds awesome! Do you have a link?

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Find it here

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I was rewriting part of my last NaNo project, and in one scene two characters were having an argument. In one sentence, my finger slipped and I wrote "He slammed his fish on the table..." when I obviously meant "He slammed his fist on the table..."

After over 50000 words, I think I've lost my ability to spel when I type.

25. darth-1984

darth-1984 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2007
    Stormstripper. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.