main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funniest scene in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by McDubJr, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RassyDreas

RassyDreas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Every time Padme knocked Anakin in the nuts, especially when she broke the kiss and his face was so hilarious!

I especially loved all the Obi lines--hell, I love Obi period.

2. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Definitly when Sio Bibble referred to Anakin as a "Master Jedi" and Padme quickly undermined it saying he was just a Padawan, talk about a kick in the nuts. Oh and every other part where Anakin makes a fool of himself trying to sound serious but looked like an ass, specially the pick up lines.

3. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Most of the Obi lines were great!

"Good job."

"For a drink..."

"I hate it when he does that!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

4. GiveemtheBOOT

GiveemtheBOOT Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    When Jango dives for Maces saber and lands int he dirt.

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, Mace has such a great look on his face at that point.

Like "Oh, you wanted this?" :D

But I'd like to add another vote for Nute's giggling at Padme getting injured. It's all in the way he turns around, hunched over, trying to have a little personal moment of glee. His hands are bunched into fists, like 'Yessss!', and he giggles like a schoolgirl.

Poggle throws him a look, then goes back to watching the arena, obviously thinking 'Nutter' :D

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Poggle the Lesser talking takes the cake. LOL!

7. Oscar_the_Jedi

Oscar_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2002
    Obi-wan had the funniest lines. definitely.

"where are you going, masteR?"
    "for a drink!"

while fighting jango
    "Oh, not good"

and when anakin saves him
    "Good job"

8. CWR

CWR Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    I thought that the funniest scene was one of the deleted scenes on the DVD - Nute at the arena turns in his seat and says "Get on with it!" - if you have seen the deleted scenes for Monty Python and the Holy Grail, you'll know what I'm talking about; the only deleted scene in that whole movie is a series of shots with every character shouting that very line.
    The other is because of my own weirdness. The first time I saw Obi-wan in AOTC I saw the mullet and beard, flashed on Jack Black and started laughing. If you've seen Jack in anything before Shallow Hal you'll know what I mean (even if you don't agree that it's funny).

9. Darth_Guido

Darth_Guido Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2002
    I thought the way the Kaminoans spoke was funny. Hel lo, wel come to ka min o. It's all long and drawn out, like they have mental retardation or something.

10. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    When Anikin's lightsaber went out. "Not again. Obi-Wan is gonna kill me."

I also liked a few of Obi-Wan's lines. Those were great.

11. PhotoGuitarist

PhotoGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    The Scene were OBI-WAN goes "Good Job!"
    with alot of sarcasm as he looks up at his bindings.

12. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    THe look on Obi-Wan's face when Anikan and Padme were led into the arena was pretty funny. When he sarcastically said "Good job!" half the audience cracked up.

Second is when Padme is talking to the clone trooper after she falls off the gunship. The way she talks and her facial expressions cracked me up pretty bad, even though my friend next to me looked at me as if I suddenly grew a second head.

13. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    When Obi-Wan said: "Not Good", also during the bar scene when he told Anakin that he was "Going for a drink", When he told Anakin "Good Job". It was a pretty funny movie!

14. jedifollower

jedifollower Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    Anakin:....so we decided to come and rescue you.

Obi-wan:.....Good job!

15. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I really liked Watto's "can you beat that?" Now that's a great line, because its almost unbelievable that Shmi would be freed and married at the same time. Mind boggling! :D

Obi Wan's "that's why I am here!" was done so well, its incredibly sarchastic , funny and subtle at the same time.

16. Darth_Tate

Darth_Tate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2003
    I wished they would have done in the movie like they did in the book where Padme's line

"Mentors have a way of finding more of our faults than we like" came before Anakin's line

"Obi Wan is a great mentor"

Then right after his line "It's not fair"
    Padme laughed at him and said

"I'm sorry, but you sound just like that little boy I once knew when he didn't get his way".

Then Anakin gets all embarassed which was funny and says "I'm not whining, I'm not.

Then Padme says: "I didn't say it to hurt you"

And Anakin slumps on the bed and sighs.
    "I know"
    Anybody else read that and think it would have made the scene better.

17. Tigue

Tigue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    When I saw AOTC, there were a number of points at which the audience laughed:

Anakin and Padme's "almost" first kiss. The way the music was abruptly cut short made instant comedy of the entire scene.

The scene where Anakin was having a nightmare inspired a few moments of widespread snickering (I just sort of cringed in my seat and waited for it to end).

Yoda's fight scene with Count Dooku - Parts of this scene brought out the most obnoxious yet particularly infectious laughter from one section of the theatre. I think everyone was pretty much laughing at the exchange between Yoda and Dooku just before the duel (yeah, maybe it was a little on the corny side), and then at Yoda's grunts and groans throughout the duel.

As for me, the scene I thought was genuinely funny was the one where Watto attempted to acquire Anakin's help with "a few deadbeats" that owed him money.

Best regards,

-Tigue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.