main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funniest scene in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by McDubJr, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shakeer Rahman

Shakeer Rahman Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 1999
    The biggest smile spread across my face when Yoda got into his battle stance. I was like, "Oh, yes..."

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    In New Zealand everyone cracks up when;

They first see Typho, as he's a well known Kiwi actor.

When Typho first talks in an american accent.

And when Little Boba Fett speaks in a NZ Accent;

Is your father home?

Yeah... Did, thirs sumwin ut th' dur

Very cute.

And of course Temuera Morrison got a laugh - firstly his Maori / NZ accent when he talks with Zam, and then later when he's first seen unmasked.

3. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    (...So that's what Boba's accent's supposed to be! There seems to be no consistency to accents in the GFFA anyway...)

"If Master Obi-Wan knew about this, he would be positively grumpy."

"I hate it when he does that."

4. Lightsabel2

Lightsabel2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I liked it when Anakin talked to the Jawas, they are peculiar creatures :)

5. Yorick2000

Yorick2000 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    "I want to go home and rethink my life". Express rehab. One of the few times I laughed at something meant to be deliberately funny.

6. OP3-C

OP3-C Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    The best laugh when I saw the film actually came from the Norwegian subtitles. They got something wrong there. What the subtitles read during Anakin's visit in Palpatine's office happened to be (translating back from Norwegian): "When you learn to trust your feelings, Anakin, you will become invisible."

Needless to say, the audience responded to one of the most ominous scenes in the film by laughing their asses off.

7. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 1999
    When R2 was dragging C3PO's Head across the sand, complaining all the way.

Sir Henry

8. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    The funniest scenes for me:

"Good job."

Yoda's battle stance.

The super battle droid elbowing a "regular" battle droid out of the way.

"The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt."

"I love democracy, and I love the Republic."

Obi using the Jedi mind trick on Elan.

9. Darkkiller

Darkkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2000
    When 3PO sees the driodfactory for the first time..

10. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    "It's coming from....Tatooine...what in blazes is he doing there?"

Loved that line! :D LOL!

11. gwizah

gwizah Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2000
    The funniest thing to me besides the roars of laughter when yoda hobbles after the dooku fight, was the one shot I noticed, but no-one else did. The fat thing Anakin rode on naboo...In the firefight on Geonasis, running around on fire..>I swear up and down it was there!

12. YodaLicious815

YodaLicious815 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    I think the funniest part was when yoda kicked dooku's bum and started limping away with his cane like he was a hundred years older or something.That craked me up.

Im not sure that was intentionally put in by Lucas for laghs or what!

13. Grand_Poobah

Grand_Poobah Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    I like the scene where Yoda and Mace are listening to Palpatine talk about how much he loves the republic. Mace is casually leaning against the railing with his arms folded across his chest. He has all the time in the world. Then he straightens up and says something like, "I guess I'll rescue ObiWan now."

Hee hee. What was he waiting for? I keep thinking he had time to do his laundry, have a couple of beers, give the dog a bath . . . .

14. Senator_Jangi

Senator_Jangi Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    The You will be the death of me quote

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You'll be the death of me

You don't want to sell me death sticks... you want to go home and rethink your life

Threepio, just all the time :)

Yoda mocking Obi-Wan for losing a planet

16. Art_Vandalay

Art_Vandalay Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002

the book makes it clear that 'care of the old folks home' is some kind of codeword, a very important one, to reach the jedi temple.

was the only one to find jar jar talking about accepting this heavy burden with 'moye moye....' funny? i also loved the way padme basically tells him too **** off in that scene.

17. MokkanMX

MokkanMX Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    All of Anakin's stupid lines. They sound like they came from Shakesbere. "My heart is burning" and all that crap, and the look on his face whenever his flirting doesn't work and gets batted back at him in the face.

The Australian/New Zealand accents. There seems to be no one human accent in Star Wars. Most speak with a British accent.

Nute Gunray's comments. "Shoot her!....or something.."

Once again, people in Star Wars seem to have no blood. Jango's head is apparently perfectly fitted into his helmet. Anakin's arm is made of...nothing.

Yoda's kung fu stance, and the old west duel thing where he whips back his coat.

I could have sworn Padme was in that bed with Anakin, although not where the camera can see.

18. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    3-3PO, and battle droids switching :p

19. OverIguana

OverIguana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    noone else in the audience laughed at this at all, in all the showings that Ive seen the movie, but my favourite part was C-3po's dialogue with R2 right after they land on Geonosis.

C3po: "my obtuse little friend..."

Just cracks me up because its like the honeymoon's over, and they start turning into the 'old married couple' that these 2 eventually become.

1 scene i thought was a very deep, provoking scene had people laughing at it every time ive seen the movie.. Padme's confession to Anakin before their 'execution' was very well done IMO but nevertheless i heard more snickers for it than C3PO's hilarious lines. I think thats just the difference between someone who just likes starwars for the guns and spaceships, and someone who really appreciates the story as well.

20. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Simple:

"Die Jedi Dogs! Oh, what did I say!?"

"Oh, a battle? There's been some terrible mistake! I'm programmed for Etiquette not Destruction!"

These two scenes with 3PO were greast, and I can't wait for the deluxe version to come out of his figure.

Also, Anakin's line in the meadow picnic scene where he keeps trying to get PAdme to tell her about any crushes she had in her youth. And then when she begins to go on and on, he realizes the mistake he made trying to ask this, and goes "Alright I get the picture."

21. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    A NOTE ABOUT PADME AFTER SHE FALLS OFF THE SHIP:

A lot of people have commented on the way she reacted there. First of all, one reason it looks silly was because of the way they did it, she fell, the Jedi left, we followed them, THEN they switched back to her and she was JUST starting to get up. Really it was more like: She fell, they left, she got up WHILE they were following Dooku, so she really wasn't down that long.

Secondly as far as her jumping up so suddenly, she had only really been winded, and if you've ever been winded, you'll know that for a minute you *can't* move, but she knew she needed to just as soon as she caught her breath. :) :D

I don't know about everyone else, but all 3-PO's groaner lines started to get on my nerves. Just a few too many I think. :)

22. Kaea Lioren

Kaea Lioren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 1999
    When Obi-Wan first arrives on Kamino, my 5 year old son started snickering uncontrollably. I leaned over to ask him why and he told me "those toilets just floated down from the ceiling!" Those white chairs really do like a bit like your basic American Standards. My son thought Obi-Wan had just flown across the galaxy in search of a rest stop.

Kaea

23. NigelFett

NigelFett Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2000
    In the "first kiss" scene, on the balcony overlooking the water. They kiss, then Padme pulls back and says "no", and the music stops. Anakin's expression there is priceless!

24. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Obi-wan, "R4. transmit this message to the old folks home!" Talking about the Jedi counsel!

Funny stuff!

25. DARTHHEINOUS

DARTHHEINOUS Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    Funniest Scenes in AOTC for me:

1. Dorme's performance

2. Corde's Performance

3. Uses of the word "Mi'lady"

4. The 'frogger' scene in the driod foundry, which should have been left for the DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.