main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funniest scene in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by McDubJr, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    The Coruscant club scene had the two best:

Anakin: Where are you going?
    Obi-Wan: For a drink.

Obi-Wan: You want to go home a re-think your life.
    Drug Dealer: I want to go home and re-think my life.

2. Wookies-N-Cream

Wookies-N-Cream Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    When Obi-wan said "Hello, Dex" he looked and sounder uncomfortable for some reason. Funny stuff. The whole deathstick scene got laughs and someone laughed when Shmi died (did I miss the humor?) Artoo flying got some well-deserved laughs, too. I guess people thought, "Christ, what CAN'T he do."

3. Lindon

Lindon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 1999
    I think it is very funny that Ebert remarked that there wasn't one memorable line in AOTC. Maybe he should read some of these!

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    There's quite a few, but here's mine:
    1. Obi1 gets so many:Elan and the deathsticks, "Good job", "She's on top of things", etc. My absolute favorite though is "I hate it when he does that". The expression on his face and the delivery is freakin' funny!
    2. 3po also gets a bunch of one liners. The whole "Die, Jedi, die!" thing was priceless.
    3. I also agree with Wookies-n-Cream. When r2 shows off his rockets, it was a *WTF*???!!! moment. Everyone lost it there, both times I've gone. (psst, r2, what else do you have hidden? You really do keep your cards close to your chest-uh, can) :)
    4. Palpy's speech "I love democracy. I love the Republic" Works on so many levels. Both times I've seen it I've been ROTFL. :D
    5. Every time Padme cuts Anakin down to size, especially "Oh, Anakin's not a Jedi, he's a Padawan learner" Ouch!
    I don't think Shmi dying is funny, but the groan she makes just before she goes limp is darned funny. I'll always think so, even though the scene is heavily charged with other emotions, and shouldn't be.

5. jedilove007

jedilove007 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    LOL guys...hahaha there were so many parts of AOTC that cracked me up, dunno if they were mentioned already?:

1. When you see all those clones on Kamino working simultaneously! It was kinda weird.

2. This one was unintentionally amusing: when Anakin and Padme roll around in the grass. It made me crack up.

3. When Obi-wan went to the diner to ask his alien-cook-friend about the dart that killed the assassin Zem (?). The whole place just reminded me of the comic strip Non Sequitur. The waitress's nametag said "FLO" and the cook was like the fat ex-sailor guy. And they both had the accents!!! HA. I thought that was funny, though probably no one knows what I'm talking about....

Yes, the weirdest things crack me up. Other scenes were the nightmare scene (haha), and some of the corny lines ("I am haunted by the kiss you never should have given me,") Those were kinda stupid, but I still love Star Wars. ^_~

6. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    There are many. Obi Wan's lines in the bar ("death of me" and "death sticks"). Padme and Anakin's agressive negotiations, many of the C-3PO lines and Jar Jar when he greets Obi Wan and Anakin. But my favorite is when Palpatine claims his love for the Republic and democracy. McDiarmid says it with such style and conviction. Of course you have to know who Palpatine is (it is unbelievable that there are actually many who don't know he'll become Emperor).

7. CC_skywalker

CC_skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    My favorites were:

"We've come to rescue you" - "Good job"

and

"What a drag!"

8. clark1016

clark1016 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2001
    I know this is sick, but I just burst into laughter when Padme and Typho just leave poor Corde there on the landing platform. I mean she dies, Typho matter of factly comments that Corde did her duty, and they just walk off!! Couldn't Typho a least pick the poor girl up or something?

For intentional humor:

1.)Yoda picking up the walking stick immediately after going kung fu (the entire theatre went into hysterics at that moment)

2."good job", "not good" , and "I don't think so" all got good laughs

Am I the only one who cracks up at Ewan's delivery of "Good call, my young padawan"- it just seemed like an extra cheesy delivery.

9. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    The FUNNIEST scene was when Obi-Wan and Anakin are in the elevator at Coruscant and Obi-Wan recalls the time he and Anakin fell into a pit full of Gundarks.

ROFLMAO!!!

10. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Brilliant:

"You'll be the death of me"

the audience laughed at that. It was delivered perfectly. It was funny yet we know it's bittersweet too. McGregor did a great job.
    The nightclub sequence was all funny. Loved Obi Wan's "go home and rethink your life." fun.

Also when Obi Wan said, "Good job" in the death arena.

Wish Padme could have had some humor stuff in there.

When Anakin is talking to Jar Jar, I thought he'd say, "Can you put in a good word for me?" like one buddy to another...

Also C3PO: "The Maker!"

and what was C3PO doing in the nightclub anyway? chatting someone up, no doubt.

11. fetts

fetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    When Obi-won went to the 'diner', the music, he wait at door. Dex then watch from the kitchen. ...just.

12. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    wWhat about when Yoda sees Padme and says-"seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart".It carcked the audiance up

13. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    This wasn't really "said," but I couldn't help thinking about it and laughing...

Right after Padme falls out of the battleship and Anakin is yelling at the clone trooper to put the ship down, and Obi Wan starts yelling at him no, he needs him, he'll be expelled, etc..and Anakin in between each scolding is yelling to put the ship down. I try to imagine the clone trooper, who is programmed to obey, and one min..put the ship down..then NO..then put the ship down..then NO...I keep expecting the ship to go down, the back up, then down, then back up.

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    1. Padme falling out of the ship.
    2. Obi-ean's lines to Lama like, That's way I'm here.
    3. Obi-wan's line to Anakin, Good Job.

Those and Anakin's talking to Padme like she is so much just cracks me up.

15. MachinatingMachiavel

MachinatingMachiavel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    I thought the scene where Padme's decoy is lying down blown up looked funny. It was just funny how she was all frazzled and fried - it looked like a spoof.

16. R2RNOT

R2RNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2000
    Obi-Wan and the droids had all the funniest lines. Ewan's delivery of his were perfect. Even if the line itself wasn't funny, he made them worthy of a chuckle with just body language, facial expresion and/or intonation: When he's griping at Anakin about losing Zam("he went completely the other way!" and "I hate it when he does that"), his whole going along with Taun-We and Lama Su("that's why I'm here!") and of course "not good" and "good job." I could go on and on

C3PO's best line was "Shut me down! Machines making machines, how perverse."

Another great one was when Yoda teases Obi-Wan about losing his planet. :)

17. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I don't know why everyone likes the deathsticks exchange so much. I thought it was a bit clumsy and obvious. "Deathsticks"... give me a break. Symbolism!?

The only real intentional laugh has strangely not been mentioned yet. It's in the droid factory, when this robot talks:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/56_beacon_curve.jpg

Unintentional laughs abound, and I think "toxic dart", Ani's "dream", and the death of Shmi are all tops. Didn't Ani realize that Shmi was also killed by a toxic dart? That would explain how she slumps over.

The CGI arena creatures are pretty laughworthy too, I must admit.

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I say it's still the Obi-wan line. Good Job. That look is just funny. :D

19. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Tuan We: Boba is your father here?
    Boba: Yep
    Taun We: May we see him?
    Boba: Sure.

and

JarJar: Obi!? OBI!!! Meesa Bustin with hapiness seeing you again Obi. Senator Padme Meesa Palos here, He's a jedi lookie lookie.

I'm sorry I hate Jar Jar but I cry during that part I'm laughing at him so hard

20. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Funniest line in AOTC....

When Palpatine told Senator Amidala that the thought of losing her was unbearable. Oh, my goodness, he looked so fake when he said it!

It made me laugh.

21. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    I'm SURE I'm quoting this wrong, but I don't think ANYONE has mentioned that part in the speeder:

Obi: If you were as fast with your lightsaber skills as you were with your wit you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.

Anakin: I thought I all ready did.

Obi: Only in your mind my VERY young apprentice.

LOLOL! I Just had to laugh but it was the second time through before I realized more-or-less what he said! If anyone knows the exact quote there that'd be nice! ;)

22. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    hmmm . . .
    Anakin: I did as you asked master and then we decided to come rescue you.
    Ob1: Good Job
    later on . . .
    Anakin: I have a bad feeling about this
    Ob1: concetrate anakin
    Anakin: what about padme?
    ob1: she seems on top of things.
    and
    C3P0: die jedi die. oh my what did i just say. then
    "what a drag" and " i am beside myself"
    i loved those. and the "oh no not good" line was classic. along with the death sticks one
    "You want to buy some death sticks"
    "you dont want to sell me death sticks"
    "You want to go home and rethinkyourlife"
    "i want to go home and rethink my life"
    and then my favorite which every time I have gone (4 times) the audience loved
    "master Yoda" "count Dooku" that just cracked me up. I dunno but the one liners are really funny . . .

23. Luca82

Luca82 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    I love the scene where Windu was walking up to circular seat getting ready to talk to yoda, he sits on the seat, spins around (a 360) and ends up sitting "indian style" on the seat and his fingers tips delicately press up against one another and talks to yoda! That action blew me away! Was it choreographed???? I MUST KNOW!

24. Master_Infamous

Master_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    When Palpatine said he loves Democracy and The Republic! His expression on his face looked funny!!!

25. PLO_KOON_DUDE

PLO_KOON_DUDE Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2002
    I dont know if anyone mentioed this but when Dex hugs Obi and with his other hands pull of his pants, the entire theatre cracked up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.