main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Funny Moments you'd like to see in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ScorpionJedi, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    What the title says.

For me, the usual C-3P0/R2-D2 banter and also Luke saying "I am your father" to his children(if he gets any).

Anything you guys want to see?

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Han and Leia- old married couple bickering.

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Han Solo stepping in Bantha poodoo. No really.

I don't want to see that played as a joke. Ever. Things like "I have a bad feeling about this" are fine because they've always been played for laughs, but the idea of serious moments being humorously referenced just seems to me to cross the line into postmodern self-parody.

4. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    He could just say it normally and not really present it as a funny tongue-in-cheek moment. He could just say "Son, I am your father and I say...." of course the audience hears it and laughs.

5. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't know... still sounds a bit too self-referential and wink-wink for my taste. If there's another parentage reveal it should be more serious and use different dialogue. Using the same line in a less serious way just doesn't jibe for me.

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A wookiee kissing a princess.

So this...
    [​IMG]

But with her reaction being more like this...
    [​IMG]

Carbon1985 likes this.
  7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I want to hear someone say "Shut up and Eat your apple!"

If that line is not in the ST somewhere I'm walking out! :p

8. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Two padawans sitting down to eat in the Temple canteen. "Hey O-Ranj, I totally owned you in that last exercise" "Shut up and eat Ur-A-Pel"

...I'll get me coat...

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, if Luke says that line I hope he looks right into the camera, Woody Allen like.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  10. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I hope they don't do too many 'wink-wink OT' jokes because they usually don't hold up years later. ROTJ had a couple of these jokes in it and it always made me roll my eyes. Just be natural when writing humor for a SW movie and don't force the joke and it will come off better. ANH & ESB are the only SW movies that humor worked because it was natural and the writing wasn't forced on the characters to make a joke.

Echo-07 and ScorpionJedi like this.
  11. Skellybobs

Skellybobs Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2013
    Yeah, Chewie doing the Tarzan call looks really corny now!

12. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I definitely want to see 3PO and R2 doing their usual bickering. I'm hoping the ST will be pretty funny.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Still awesome!

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hm, what would those be? I can't think of any actually. :confused:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Second the old-married-couple-bickering between Han and Leia! :p And of course they have to continue the bickering between Threepio and Artoo.

But the really funny stuff I'm looking forward to is the outtakes. Between Hamill's voices and facial expressions, Fisher's sarcasm and Ford's dry sense of humor...oh, it'll be comedy gold. [face_laugh]

-Jedi Joe- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012

The first one that comes to mind is Han and Leia's sad rehash of "I love you" "I know" after she gets shot at the bunker entrance.

Carbon1985 likes this.
  17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

That one actually doesn't bother me. It probably should, based on what I said earlier, but the first line is a bit of a chuckle in a serious moment and the second one is a nice callback which gives Han is first opportunity to actually tell Leia he loves her. So in a way, both lines are sort of half-serious and half-joking.

Revanfan1, Echo-07 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  18. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    Another one is where they Luke, Leia and Han get to Endor and they are deciding whether to sneak attack the Stormtroopers:

Leia: Should we try to go around them?

Han: Chewie and I will take care of this. You stay here.

Luke: Quietly, there might be more out there.

Han: (grins) Hey....it's me!

(Luke and Leia roll their eyes)

Which is a wink-wink to the crowd knows that Han is always getting them into trouble by doing something reckless. It mirrored ANH when Han runs after the stormtroopers in the death star:

Luke: Where are you going, come back!

Leia: He certaintly has courage.

Luke: What good will it do if he gets himself killed?

Now I always found that scene funny and not forced, whereas the scene in ROTJ is specifically written for Luke/Leia and EVERYONE in the crowd to get the joke.

It's not a big deal to me as I don't hate it, but most franchises have wink-wink humor after a few sequels, and I always thought it was a cheap & easy way to get the audience to laugh.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked those. And I love every single "I love you...I know" moment. Sweet and romantic without being sappy.

It could easily be overdone though; TCW had far too many "thank you Captain Obvious" nods.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I love you.......I know needs to be in the ST at least once. Just once.

Revanfan1, Echo-07 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope to have a few nods and or jokes from the OT (I'd not be upset at the I love you/I know), but I certainly don't need a ton.

I too am hoping for H/L and Artoo/Threepio banter, otherwise, I just hope there is some humor.

22. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    R2/C3PO humor is fine because that is their relationship in every movie, so there is nothing recycled about that.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would like to see a scene where the young heroes go through all kinds of crap to make an escape, but after doing so and giving each other high fives, they realize that their parents' droids were left behind. That would be some funny ****. :)

24. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Lucky git!

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

I always thought that was more of a nod to Han being noisy in ANH.

"You know between his howling and your blasting everything in sight, it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know we're here."

Either way it's pretty consistent with the humor of the first film so it really doesn't bother me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.