main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funny Scenarios in the CCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by BigPoppaJabba, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    One thing I love about the CCG is the way you can enact "what-if" situations like particular characters in the Rebel Strike Team, or Maul and Vader fighting side by side.

However, some situations that can be done are quite amusing, but are perfectly "legal" in the game. Here are some examples:

Dr Evazan & Ponda Baba piloting a TIE Fighter

Artoo & Threepio filling the Astromech spot on an X-Wing

Jabba wearing Mandalorian Armor, or even better, Jabba as a passenger in an AT-ST (What about a Cloud Car!)

The Millenium Falcon as a wingman to a starfighter making an Attack Run in the Death Star: Trench! (A bit of a tight fit)

A Jawa easily stealing IG-88 with it's ion gun.

What else have you seen that would look wacky if it were played out in the movies? (Heh, heh, I was about to say "If it were in real life

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yoda blowing up the second Death Star.

The Death Star destroying Coruscant (this actually happened in a tourney once).

Senator Palpatine fighting against Emperor Palpatine and Darth Sidious.

Shmi being trained as a Jedi and using her son's lightsaber.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> The Millenium Falcon as a wingman to a starfighter making an Attack Run in the Death Star: Trench! (A bit of a tight fit)<<

Nah, the Falcon would just turn on it's side like it did in the asteriod canyon [face_batting]

4. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Tarkin on the 2nd Death Star

5. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    Bib, I'm not sure which or yours I like best, Yoda blowing up the Death Star II is great, but Shmi training as a Jedi and using her son's LS has to take the prize, Great Work. Makes my Blizzard walkers on Dagobah look pretty weak in comparison.

6. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Playing Disarming Creature on a Vine Snake!

7. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Creatures seem to provide the comic relief around here.

A friend of mine once substituted almost a third of his deck for a bunch of creatures in an effort to combat the increasingly diverse deck types. He had a couple Rancors and Krayts, a Dragonsnake, and like four Dianogas along with the garden variety Womp Rats and Vine Snakes. The deck didn't win him the tourny, but he ate A LOT of characters that day. Perhaps the funniest part is he would make "jaws" with his hands and accompanying chomping noises whenever he ate someone.

Another funny "creature" moment was when a fellow player thought he'd found a cute way to take out my Corellian Corvette deck. He deployed a few TIEs to the system, then swarmwed me with Mynocks. When he tried to attack my Corvettes I politely reminded him that the things like starfighters only--so his TIEs got swarmed instead :D

8. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    >Jabba wearing Mandalorian Armor

Not Jabba. I always put that Mandalorian Armor on Watto in my No Money No Parts No Deal deck. :)

I like seeing Ewok Spearmen take out Dark Jedis with their spears. Vader: "Oww! Hey, cut it out, that hurts!!"

I once played a fun deck with Biker Scout Troopers and The Emperor riding shotgun on the Speeder bike. The mental image of the Supreme Ruler Of The Galaxy riding shotgun was priceless. :)

9. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    "The mental image of the Supreme Ruler Of The Galaxy riding shotgun was priceless".

You almost had me in tears there, Artie. Man, that would be a sight to see. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.