main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Furio's Olympic Dare Story. Dinner...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Sep 18, 2015.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Dare #2:

Someone is late for something important!

You must include:

· Condiments of some sort
    · "Is it supposed to do that?"
    · Dialogue from at least 3 people
    · A stuffed animal
    · Someone wearing really amazing shoes

Beyond the Saga: Alternate Universe

Dinner…

The Solo’s had never cooked for so many people before and Han had just begun to marinate the nerf steaks in so many spices that he swore that if anyone ruined the meat with a saucy condiment he would draw his blaster first. He had ordered the steaks a week before today, Leia’s birthday, at his favorite butcher who had assured him that this meat would melt in all their mouths. Han loved roasting nerf and he took great pride in the fact that everyone enjoyed it and would compliment him on his food. He remembered when Luke gave it try but the Jedi Master could not cook a steak like him. His famous brother-in-law would always over cook and under season the meat. The family would usually take it easy on the farm boy but Han wouldn’t. He’d let Luke know.

Meanwhile, Allana was playing on the floor with a stuffed nexu doll that her father had just given her. Jacen rolled around and the floor with his daughter as if they were the same age. Allana had out maneuvered her father and pinned him. “I got you daddy!” The toddler cried with happiness.

“Yes you have Allana, or did I let you win?” Jacen replied.

“No way daddy, I got you fair and square.” Allana said.

“Alright baby, you win. I’m getting too old for this stuff anyway. Let’s see what gramps is up to”

Jacen picked up Allana and they walked over to Han who was moving as if he was using Force enhanced speed. Han had some vegetables on the grill that were starting to smoke and burn. He cussed under his breath as he was aware that his granddaughter had entered the room.

“Is it supposed to do that?” Allana asked her father.

“No baby, that’s your grandfather biting off more than he can chew.” Jacen mocked. “Why isn’t mom helping you?” Jacen asked Han.

“You want your mom to work on her birthday?” Han replied.

“Where’s Jaina? She could have helped.”

“She took your mother and your wife to a shopping centre.” Han said with his trademark scowl. “Your uncle was supposed to help me but he got called to the temple for what he called ‘Jedi stuff.’ Now he might be late for his own sister’s birthday party.”

“You know I can’t cook worth a Sith dad, or else I’d help.” Jacen said while rubbing Allana’s nose with his own.

“Believe me I know kid.” Han replied quickly. “I had no intention of asking you. I did call for back up and it’s on the way.”

“Who?”

The door chime went off and Jacen with Allana in his arms, went to open the door. Lando stood there with a box with various things inside of it and a large covered plate that was emanating a wonderful smell.

“Uncle Lando!” Allana squealed.

“Hey baby girl, how are you?” Lando said while giving Allana a kiss on the cheek. “Jacen. You’re not helping your old man?”

“Oh that’s right, you weren’t around for the time I almost poisoned the family were you?” Jacen replied.

“Trust me buddy, we’re better off.” Han said while grabbing the crate from Lando. “Thank the Force you’re here.”

“No problem. I brought dessert.” Lando said. “Where are do we start?”

“Wait a minute buddy. What is on your feet?” Han asked while looking down at a pair of bright orange shoes with a small heel.

“These are top of the line nerf leather, what?” Lando said looking at his feet.

“He pulls them off nicely dad.” Jacen said while he was about to burst out laughing.

“I think I have shoes like that daddy.” Allana added.

“Come on folks, these are great!” Lando pleaded.

“Sure buddy. Start making the salad.” Han said while guiding Lando to the kitchen.

Chyntuck, Tarsier and Admiral Volshe like this.
  2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This is so sweet and awesome. :D
    Great job!!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks AV. :)

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AW! THIS IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE! Why couldn't they be this happy in the books.

Nyota's Heart and Darth_Furio like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent response to the second dare! And thank you for giving us happy Solos! [:D] [:D] Always a bonus!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you ladies. My other stuff tends to be dark and grim, so I figured I try something a little lighter. Besides, I can't help but think about my baby girl when I think about Allana and Jacen. She should have been his light, as Sienna is mine. :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    This looks hurried and there are even typos all over; but knowing what your other stuff is like (as you say yourself), that you experienced some pretty grim things recently and that I am a fellow grim writer myself; I can totally see how this dare, for you, may have been a bigger dare than for somebody else. We all have things that we may find harder to write. That said, I have nothing but respect with the fact that you still chose to give it a go, regardless of how it turns out.

Abraci a piccola Sienna! <3 I can totally see how enjoying your daughter's presence in your everyday life would create this kind of Allana Solo!

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So so so cute!! [face_love]

I love the little snapshot of domesticity, and how Jacen could have been if he hadn't turned into Caedus.
    The mental image of Lando and his shoes was great! I could see him pulling those off!

Great job with the dare!

Darth_Furio and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This was simply adorable and so spot-on! I read through the characterisations as if they were obvious -- of course Han would be the barbecue chef, of course Jacen would be a terrible cook, and of course Lando would wear bright orange shoes with a heel [face_laugh] I find it very difficult to write such little non-adventure stories where characters are every little bit as starwarsy as they are in the films/books, but here you've pulled it off perfectly =D=

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the family dynamics -- and I empathize with Jason :p And oh Lando and the shoes! :D Fantastic!

11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you all for the kind words. You too Ewok Poet :p

Sienna sta bene, grazie.