main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Furious Angels Part II: Vengeance RELEASE***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by VaporTrail, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    ^^I've lectured him too, so he BETTER be good.
    :p

Azeem has been gracious enough to give Decorum a second chance so he can be around for our release and CIII-related stuff.

EDIT: By the way, I just filled out the "Contact Form" on Ourmedia.org asking for advice. I explained what I have tried, my file size/format etc., so I'm just waiting to hear from them now.

Man, that's annoying.

2. rybot

rybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2003
    I can't get the file. :(
    I really wanted to see it and it's not there. :'(

Yes, maybe I will IM you :p

3. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    IM me if you want.
    I can send it to you through there.. I'll just leave my computer on cause I'm goin to bed in half an hour or so.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    link isn't working for me. someone put up a new link? can anyone get it too me. i really want to see it.

5. Thrice3

Thrice3 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 24, 2004
    Link no worky!!! Fix!!

6. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I could just do yousendit again to get a new link to it.

In fact, I will.
    I'll have a fresh link up in the morning, with the hopes that Ourmedia will have e-mailed me.

Man, there's like....... demand for my movie.
    Gotta increase supply.

(Good ol' sixth grade econ.)

7. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Just watched it, nice story and i liked the flashbacks to show where the first episode fitted in.

May just be the PC i was watching it on but for the majority the sound was very quiet then suddenly went loud for certain bits.

At 24:32 just after the decapitation, there is a mysterious hand in the bottom right of the screen!

One thing that gets me about these stories set on Earth, 2 people died, one of those in uni halls and the Police don't care/don't find out.

Also the red saber guy looked too :-B to be evil, although he does have a good voice for a cartoon bad guy.

8. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Man, there's like....... demand for my movie.

See, I told you to just be patient and it'd work out...
    ;) Lol.

Azeem has been gracious enough to give Decorum a second chance so he can be around for our release and CIII-related stuff.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully all will go well - welcome back Decorum. :)

9. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Also the red saber guy looked too :-B to be evil, although he does have a good voice for a cartoon bad guy.

Haha thanks, how am I too nerd??? I tried not sound melodramtic with my mean voice but I guess I couldn't help it. :)

10. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Well, it's a fresh new (and I might add, beautiful) day,
    so here's a fresh new (and I might add, beautiful) link for FA2.

Click it while you still can!!
    http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3D10WMEWSVUFC0L8NFZT860LLR

I guess this is what I'll have to keep doing until the Ourmedia guys decide to help me out. So yeah.. if you download it and may want to view it again, hang onto it so more people get a chance to watch.
    :)

The review I'm REALLY waiting for (no offense) is coming from my film professor. I gave her a bunch of FA-related files on a CD-R, including the rough cut, and she's gonna e-mail me a review/analysis once finals week is over and she has enough time. Today was my last day of that class, so I stayed after to talk with her for a moment (cause she's pretty cool). Talking to her was what I imagine talking to some of you would be like in person. We just discussed film, which ones popped out at us, what might be good to screen in her class, stuff like that.. and eventually she questioned me about FA2 a bit to sort of prepare herself for the viewing.
    If you guys are interested, perhaps I'll post her review in this thread when I get it. She usually has a lot to say in regards to film (she DOES teach the stuff after all), so I'm very curious as to what impression FA2 will have on her.

11. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    Here's another.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UJO8BXHR63UY2Z3RHSGNQKMDM

12. Thrice3

Mar 24, 2004
    The file huge, you need to compress that shoot!!LOL. You're lucky I have cable.

13. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    you need to compress that

Are you joking?
    That's already heavily compressed. I did it at like 50-55% Sorenson3, which is my limit.

It still made most of it look like utter crap.. so deal.

EDIT:the sound was very quiet then suddenly went loud for certain bits. Yeah, that's because for the last week of audio editing, I did it whenever I could, sometimes it was day and I could have my speakers on, but at night when my roommate went to bead, I had to put on my headphones and crank the volume down in the control panel. That's gonna be fixed.

At 24:32 just after the decapitation, there is a mysterious hand in the bottom right of the screen!
    Yup, yet another reason this is the rough cut. This shot is SUPPOSED to fade into the next shot starting about 5-10 seconds before where the cut is now, and that hand won't be there.
    By the way, I wish you hadn't typed the word which I've put in black, but if it's too late to edit don't worry about it. You were still pretty vague.

Also.. I thought about altering the villain's voice for his parts, but I just like how he sounds too much.
    :)

One thing that gets me about these stories set on Earth, 2 people died, one of those in uni halls and the Police don't care/don't find out.

They don't care? They didn't find out?

Really?
    Here's an interesting tidbit/mild spoiler you might figure out if you REALLY think about it..
    TKAJ didn't explain this either, and my film is in the TKAJ "universe". I have talked to LtlLake about this situation, and I came to a conclusion of how I'm going resolve it.
    [face_whistling]

The story isn't over yet.
    This is the "Empire Strikes Back" of my series. Revenge, drama, uncertainty, and a ton of questions when you're done watching it.
    That was one of the ideas behind it.

14. Thrice3

Mar 24, 2004
    I was just kidding about the compression thing. That film was good, I liked it. You surprised me very much Vapor, on;y one thing i didnt like was the shaky camera, you have to use a tripod next time, but besides that it was an insperation!!
    Thrice Productions

15. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I was just kidding about the compression thing.

THAT'S RIGHT you were just kidding about the compression thing!
    Respect my 'thoritay.

But yeah, definitely more tripod in future projects. There is something wonderful about handheld shots in the right scene, but in the small dorm rooms, sometimes using the tripod just wasn't practical.
    (My cameraman was backed against the wall and holding the camera against it more than he should've been..)

Starting next semster, I'll be in a more spacious apartment, so it shouldn't be an issue if I need a homely location.

16. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    For shots where my tripod is not practical, I shorten the legs all the way and then brace the tripod against my stomach. Produces near tripod steadiness if not being just as steady. Also, if you can fold the tripod completely it can work as a pretty decent makeshift steadicam.

17. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.