main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Future Anthology Films Possibly On Hold

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    They also said in Jedi Council that it was a rumour and would most likely not happen but if it did cool. I remember that time and they reported on it and dismissed it as highly unlikely

2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Maybe it's for the best if Disney didn't win this deal. The money they would end up spending for Fox's assets, would give Disney more reason to be stingy with their wallet, and with greenlighting Anthology movies. :(

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Red23 likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    When I heard Comcast was going to outbid Disney I said to myself This Is Disney were talking about they have way more money then Comcast Disney will win this bid and if what you say Is true then I was right. Where did you read this or hear this do you have a link to an article or story about it?

@Baron_Papanerd If Disney wins the bid it will make tham way more richer they would be getting, The X Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, The Planet Of The Apes, The Alien Franchise, The Predator Franchise, The Simpsons, Bobs Burgers, The Family Guy, Futurama, The Yankees Yes Network, National Geographic, Fox Sports and Its affiliates, And The Big Ten Network! This will be a gold mine for Disney that every one of there companies and divisions will benefit from!

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Apparently they haven't accepted the bid yet since the shareholders are having a board meeting on the 10th july to basically vote on what to do. and according to John Campea there are some Market analysts that say Comcast are talking about upping their bid to $79 billion fairly soon.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sandell's report is accurate.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Except they are not doing that. They're doing an RJ trilogy and the Weiss/Benioff trilogy as well as spinoffs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Maybe you missed the big warning we put up during the two whole days we closed New Films, but over the top drive-by bashing or trolling isn't going to be permissible anymore.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Disney will win the bid it is inevitable. Couple things to consider Disney isn't just Giving Fox Money but also a whole bunch of shares and I know this might not mean much but I think it does but Disney and Fox have a hand shake agreement it would be really in bad business practice for Fox to back out now. It Is as they say a Formality now...

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Surely the “Mos Eisley Spaceport” film was just the Obi-Wan film?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well If and when Disney and Fox close the deal it wont be this year the negotiating will go on till 2019 the rumor back in the day the deal would be closed most likely Summer 2019...

just one question If The movie about the Mos Eisley Cantina was scraped why is it still the picture at the top of the message board forum?

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If the spin-offs are truly on hold & development has stopped then I can't see a Star Wars movie being released in 2020 it will literally be impossible.....

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, it was apparently some other thing entirely. Probably with a tie-in to Solo and Kenobi.

Lucasfilm has just stated that they're not on hold, though they used the phrase "multiple films" and not spinoffs or stories (and distinguished them from the two new trilogies). But by all accounts, the only other non-trilogy films in development were Fett, Kenobi and this Mos Eisley thing. So it's very plausible to believe that Fett and Kenobi are still in the pipeline. No reason for them to state that if it isn't true.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. DarthStarMan

DarthStarMan Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
  14. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    I remain skeptical of these reports. More than likely, Obi-Wan has been in turnaround for a while now, and while Boba Fett might be "in development," nothing has been green lit. It may be accurate to say both that anthology movies are still in development, and anthology movies have been put on hold. Certain point of view and all that. But they should be put on hold. Prequel origin stories are not needed and will not help the brand. LFL needs to be looking forward, not backward.

Jedi_Fenrir767 likes this.
  15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Am not sure there is a play fair system here when billions are concerned.

After all if Disney were not concerned about the deal after the Comcast bid they probably wouldn't have upped their offer to $71 billion.

Fox blinked when Comcast made their all cash bid and Disney noticed.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Completely, but respectfully, disagree. Kathleen should stick to her original vision, which promises something for everyone, in my view. Just when you might be getting bored, or tired of all the heady epic world-ending stuff, boom, you get a great side story. Yes, it's like the MCU model, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As long as the quality is higher.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That seems most likely to me. Not only because the trade reports that the film was in development but also sites like Omega Undergeound reporting that filming would begin at Pinewood next year.

18. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    No, it is not like the MCU model, as I have explained to you repeatedly. The MCU movies all exist on a forward-moving timeline. The prequel spin-offs do not. There is a huge difference in narrative momentum there.

Jedi_Fenrir767 likes this.
  19. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    Lucasfilms also hasn't confirmed what they are developing yet either. For all we know the standalone films are on hold and they are working on X - XII now if that's a course they decide to take. We haven't really learned anything new at all except that they are looking at some other films outside of RJ and Benioff and Weiss. Those films could be standalones they could also be a third trilogy they could also be some kind of new brand of film as well. I don't think we will learning anything more until LFL actually decides to announce something officially.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a joke. Since we have no idea what's coming next might as well throw something up there. ;)

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Like I said Negotiations will run into summer 2019 were at the starting gate you don't think if Comcast bids around 79 billion that Disney will counter with a higher offer and a dance like this could go on for about a year? and apparently When Comcast made there counter offer Disney volleyed back with there counter of even higher cash amount and stocks we will see we have a long way to go...

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The Fox acquisition really isn't the topic of this thread.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Confirmed:

ohms likes this.
  24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Ken Napzok said on Collider today that he’s heard Bob Iger is a huge issue behind the scenes for Lucasfilm, he was apparently the one who demanded the hiring of Lord and Miller. Lucasfilm also feels that he puts too much pressure on them with unrealistic schedules. Napzok says he’s heard Kathleen Kennedy is fed up with Iger.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If true, expect everyone but Bob Iger to leave...

Jedi_Fenrir767 and jaqen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.