main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Future books you'd like to see

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    The "extragalactic travel" thread has me thinking that it'd be cool to have a story set in deep extragalactic space, where stars are few and far between. A group of Jedi (or Jedi/non-Jedi mix) get blasted to a random location outside of the galaxy - above or below the galactic "equator" - and encounter strange forms of life, civilizations, anomolies of physics.

I didn't read Outbound Flight - this may have dealt with this a little bit - but I think it concentrates more on the Unknown Regions. The idea that there are unfathomable mysteries in the vast spaces between galaxies is exciting to me.

2. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    Also, this.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    No no more OT books, there is already so much in that 4 year time period... Can't Luke just have a day to sit and contimplate the force between 5 and 6? Or a day to just sit and hang out with Wedge, Han, Leia, and Chewie without having to rush off to another battle. The truth is there was probably alot of down time. Not 3 years worth but probably only 6 major battles a year with maybe a weekly skirmish, not all of which Luke would have been involved in.

4. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012

It is a period of tedium. Overwhelmed by his new celebrity status
    after the victory at Yavin, Luke Skywalker has lost his way.
    The violent death of his guardians, Owen and Beru
    Lars, has created a emptiness in young Luke's heart.
    An emptiness he attempts to fill with Twi-Lek dancers,
    death sticks, and space coke. Concerned for his
    pupil, the spirit of Obi-Wan appears to Leia
    Organa in a dream, and suggests
    an intervention...

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    None of that, but you know flying training missions with the newly formed Rogue Squadron, maybe hanging with Dak. Just being a part of the day to day alliance. Luke has to fly to Dac or Sullust as part of a peace envoy to recruit Ackbar and the Mon Cal. Or Han needs to fly a smuggling mission on to Coruscant for the Alliance smuggling arms for a future rebellion there and establish a safe house. Luke comes along, everything goes mostly as planned.

Luke gets a new video game and wastes a day away.
    Chewie teaches Luke to play Dejark one day...

6. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    Dude you know I'm kidding right? ;-)

Serious about the extragalactic stuff, though. That'd be exciting.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    There is alot of unknowns out there, and it is an interesting series idea. Do you recall Force Heretic? It was kind of a Luke and crew tour the outer reaches of known space.

8. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    No, I'll definitely have to check that out! I gave up on NJO a few books in. I've read pretty much every novel from Heir to the Empire in 1991 through Dark Tide II in 2000. I've been quite nostalgic for Star Wars lately, though, and I've been thinking of going back and giving the Del Rey books another try.

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Force Heretic is kinda what you are looking for

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

Escape from Dagu has a killer cover art. I paid $5,000 for it.

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    For the book?

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Darth Zannah redemption from the Sith and becomes Rain again.

An Star Wars infinities trilogy where Yuuzhan Vong invades 22 Years earlier than they did.

CIS remnants and holdouts novel.

A Serious rebellion that last more than a few months or even years. I want one lasting decades. Like the SW version of the Thirty Years War.

Luke dating again. Finding love with an old flame. One that Ben may or may not approve.

AusStig likes this.
  14. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I'd really like to see a Palpatine Novel, very little activity for The Emperor, and I don't buy he just sat on a throne on Coruscant for 20 years

Another Plagueis Novel would be great too, still plenty of gaps in years to fill in and his past is pretty wide open as far as his traing and becoming a Sith

Anything in the Old Republic Era, Novels and Graphic Novels, I've been playing the MMO and reading the books released so far, great stuff and there tons of room to run stories in many directions, even if you haven't played the game the books are great.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It is rather odd, that Palpatine is such a major character that has little to nothing in the EU on him...

LordDlow likes this.
  16. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Yeah them too. I tend to count them as part of Jacen/Jaina's generation, but they're actually a bit younger if I remember correctly. Hard to keep track since basically every generation after the Big 3's has been screwed over in the book department. (Jacen and Jaina had the YJK, but the NJO and everything screwed most of them over)

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Just about had Mandorla with Nomi and Vima
    Maybe written by Joe Schreiber. That would be cool...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  19. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    Not really, I imagine he was off limits and possibly still is.

I'd love a Luceno Dukoo novel to follow up DP.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Absolutely, I have always said that Dooku was never truly evil. He just hated the current government and how the Jedi were lackeys for it. It makes little-to-no sense, that a politically radical Jedi would turn to the dark side and join with the current dictator, and secret Sith Lord, to bring the galaxy under his control?

It makes no sense. There is a plot hole for you. Anyways, did we ever delve into to the whole Sifo-Dyas ordering the clones? I know they kind of set it up telling him about Kamino but... Sifo-Dyas book with Kamino and Dooku killing him as his trial to becoming a Sith Lord... by Luceno...

I think we might have a sequel :D

21. LordDlow

Jan 26, 2013
    Hopefully with the Disney buyout and the future Trilogy forthcoming they'll allow more use of Characters like Palpatine and Yoda, tons could be done with both characters especially Yoda.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am ok with younger Yoda, but I don't think we are ready for his origin or species yet.

23. LordDlow

Jan 26, 2013
    You could use Younger Yoda and not go into species at all, hes hundreds of years old.

Personally I'd prefer more Sith oriented Novels, Especially Palpatine but I'd be cool with a Yoda series, maybe set during his Jedi Knight days before becoming a Master.

24. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    My wishlist:

Sifo-Dyas by James Luceno
    Count Dooku by James Luceno
    Darth Sidious by James Luceno

Zorrixor, Zeta1127, Cronal and 3 others like this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think a series that weaves Yoda from young Jedi fighting the "front men" for the Sith, and the Sith behind the scenes. With Yoda as a focal character, you could probably do 5 or 6 generations of Sith, not counting Plagieus on

LordDlow likes this.