main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Future direction of SAFF...?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oz_skipp, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Let's not go crazy here DR ;)

2. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    Haha, I'm not going crazy with it. I think its a valid suggestion, that is do-able.

3. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    My last post on this subject.
    We left for reasons that have been stated, like them or not, we are entitled to our opinions... I suggest if you want costuming events in the future - organise them. (This is not directed at you Addie - you have done plenty in the past)
    To me - people who simply lurk without posting are a complete waste of space that contribute nothing to the group. It's SELFISH! Why bother hanging around seeing what others are doing - get involved or go away.
    THAT'S MY OPINION!
    I was always here for a chat even though many wouldn't want to chat to me - that's fine by me!
    As for the excuses of .. I do this, I do that.. I'm just too busy... Several of us have jobs & families & all the other **** that you lot put up as excuses yet we find time to give you lurkers something to read & organise events for you to attend in the past.. **kudos to Addie for the work she did & does**..
    If you can't get off your backside to contribute, then don't complain when those who do decide to move on to greener pastures. It comes off as sour grapes, nothing more.
    You guys do what is best for you, we'll do what is best for us.
    If there are those who are 501st & SAFF, they won't be ostracised from our group but we hope they don't expect us to play happy families when we don't want to. They may attend our events or attend SAFF events but putting on hissy fits & saying the two groups should never have split is childish. People shouldn't have to associate with those they don't want to associate with. If that's not to their liking - tough.
    Best of luck SAFF (I mean it, without malice!)

Just changed my real name to net name ;)

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you evil, I understand you points. But I do believe enough has been said on this subject and we need to move forward now. ;) If nothing this has brought some out of lurk mode, and maybe we can keep them out of lurk mode ;)

I know having a new board is easy enough, but I think we might lose our identity by doing that, that's just my thoughts. What do others think?

5. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    While that is something that will possibly happen, it could work out for the better. While all the work thats been done under the SAFF Identity, we gotta remember its not the name that makes this place. Its the people. You guys.

While it seems like its being tossed into the trash, the way I see it its not. You guys did it with Parsec I believe, to form SAFF. That act could be considered a new chapter for our group, as would my suggestion should it go ahead. As previously stated. Its not the name that makes the group, its the people that are in the group that really make the group shine.

6. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    DR: for those that want to be here, I don't think leaving here as a group would accomplish anything.

Evil: whilst Jen may not post much, I don't think her slave Leia cossie was selfish at all. She shares a lot with that one ;)

7. Evil_Rex

Evil_Rex Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    PS, I have the SAFF banner. I will be bringing it with me to the R4L. Happy to keep hold of it afterwards, or pass it to someone else.

Any offers?

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    If you dont want to store it ER, I have room on the shelf in my shed. ;) Dad put shelves up in my side of the shed for my 'stuff' ;)

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I can do nothing more than echo this sentiment ;)

10. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Just thought I'd rebound this comment. ;)

EDIT: And as others have said, we can work out the future direction of SAFF when it's time for the next election.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.