main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Future Events Questions.....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    We really need everyone's feedback on this so if you are not comfortable posting replies to the mailing list or here PLEASE email to starwarsnyc@yahoo.com

1. IF we use Galapagos in Brooklyn for our fall charity concert we get the space free but it has to be on a weekday. Our other choice is to get a hall but that would cost money and would most likely be in NJ. Any other ideas or is a weeknight concert OK with you guys?

2. Informally, how many who read this board intend to or know of people who want to participate in the line for Episode 2 that did NOT participate in the Episode 1 Line.

3. It was suggested that we have events during the line to make it more entertaining and to attract media attention to us. I had thought it would be cool to do a 'Star Wars Does Broadway' type revue. Would anyone be interested in acting in or writing any of the skits? We already have ideas for
    The Rocky Horror Star Wars Show
    Gungan on The Roof
    Couruscant Story
    Any others?

4. Would those among us who are talented enough to make homemade or extremely modified costumes be interested in having a costume workshop demonstration? It would be especially good if we could do one for children and adults.

Also, Since many of us will NOT be able to make it to Star Wars Celebration in 2002, I propose we hold our own right here. Obi Will helped m with this ad copy and it is subject to modification:

Can?t Make it to Star Wars Celebration in Indy May 2002?

FORGET ABOUT IT!

We got your celebration right here!

No ?never before seen? footage
    No Star Wars celebrities
    No Exclusive merchandise

Just a bunch of fans sharing their love for Star Wars!

See the Magic of the Myth at the Brooklyn Museum of Art
    Eat a hot dog from a street vendor
    Grab an egg cream to go
    Head over to the Ziegfeld theater

Celebrate the Love!

OK that's enough picking of brains for now. Again PLEASE respond in one way or another, your input is needed! THANKS!

2. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well LadySith I would be interested in all the suggestions you made & I would like to be involved in the 2002 line at the Zeigfeld line(I wasn't in line for TPM).Any excuse for me to wear my Jedi outfit in public is good enough for me.Let me know of anyway my brother & I could help out.

3. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    How could I forget ObiWill's suggestion of "Ani get your lightsaber"

CS..it's great to know we can count on you guys! Some of the spoof lyrics already written by ObiWill are truly hilarious.

Empire City Garrison guys we will need your help too!. I think a kickline of Stormtroopers to 'A Chorus Line's' song 'One' would be hysterical! :)

I really believe with all our talented members and the time we have to plan this we can generate quite a media blitz in NYC! :)

4. SJLinNYC

SJLinNYC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    Great ideas, Chris!

I hope this time the Zieg officially allows us the use of Fisher Park this time - that would make these events a lot easier to pull off.

The NYC Star Wars celebration would make a great kick-off for the line! And who knows, we might be able to round up a celeb or two for that (not necessarliy a "Star Wars" celebrity, but what's the harm in dreaming?).

As for the "Star Wars" on Broadway, you've left out an obvious one: "Line Miserables!" :)

And there's always

- Phantom of the Ziegfeld
    - The Line King
    - 54th Street
    - Couriscant Cabaret
    - Okla-Yoda!
    - The Sound of (John Williams) Music
    - Chosen One, Superstar
    - Star Wars Express
    - The Full Jedi
    - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Ziegfeld
    - Watto's Shop of Horrors

and, of course

- The Ziegfeld Follies of 2002

Steve, who has seen "Forbidden Broadway" one too many times...

5. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    There's also...

The Tale of Anakin's Wife
    My Fair Jedi
    Les Midichlorians

I wrote some spoof lyrics for the opening of Rocky Horror:

"Star Wars Movie Midnight Feature"

Mark Hamill was ill
    Played in 'Empire' still
    With some bacta he was good as new
    And Boba Fett was there
    With our heroes unaware
    Yoda made a nice root-leaf stew
    Then something went wrong
    For Chewie and Han
    He got caught up in a carbonite jam
    Then at Lando's place
    Luke and Vader face-to-face
    'Who's yo' daddy!' as he cut off Luke's hand..

(Following is LadySith's chorus)
    Star Wars movie... midnight showing
    See the fanboys... all a glowing..
    oh oh ohhhh ohhhhhh...
    at the midnight, star wars movie, Ziegfeld show.

6. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    LOL was working on it today...revising and rewriting. I have An entire spoof of Sweet tranvestite done but i am not posting the lyrics i want it to be a surprise for the people should this happen.
    As for the Chorus for SFDF

Star Wars Movie...Midnight showing
    All the fanboys and fangirls are going.
    See Jedi Fighting....Clones attacking.
    We thank the Ziegfeld for all it's backing
    O-O-O-O-Oh
    At the late night Star Wars frist time...midnight show.

:)

As for fisher Park is that owned by the Zieg or Fisher brothers? If Fisher Brothers has the final maybe something can be worked out with them....they are a major client of the company I work for :)

7. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Sadly I leave for school in DC next Friday. I dont make my truimphant return to NYC until May (which is right in time for all the fun). I will miss NY with all my heart. I look forward to spending MANY hours with you on line for Attack of the Clones. :)

BobaPhil

8. SJLinNYC

Dec 25, 2000
    LadySith wrote:

As for fisher Park is that owned by the Zieg or Fisher brothers? If Fisher Brothers has the final maybe something can be worked out with them....they are a major client of the company I work for.

I believe Fisher Brothers owns the park. However, it's a moot point until we secure the Ziegfeld. For what it's worth, the Ziegfeld didn't have Ep. 1 booked until April 1999, and we secured things with the Zieg about 3 weeks before the line started; hopefully, they'll be able to confirm booking earlier with Ep. 2. But until we have a firm commitment from the Ziegfeld, it's best not to contact Fisher - even though we built a good reputation with Ep. 1, negotiations with the Ziegfeld were delicate, and the last thing we want them to think is that we've contacted Fisher to leverage the Zieg into a commitment for Ep. 2 that they're currently unable to make.

Thanks,

Steve

9. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Ahh, I see now. I was just letting you know that if we wanted use of fisher Park I may be able to put in a good word for us to the people who have the final say.

As for delicate negotiations, I understand those well, in fact, I hope to do a few of my own at DragonCon....IF I can get Steve Sansweet to give me the time of day that is :)

10. SJLinNYC

Dec 25, 2000

[blockquote]LadySith wrote:

[color=red]I was just letting you know that if we wanted use of fisher Park I may be able to put in a good word for us to the people who have the final say.[/color][/blockquote]

I really hope we do get the Ziegfeld and don't have to line up on 42nd Street or near Union Square. Unfortunately, the possibility of us not getting the Zeig does exist, which is why we must procede with caution. Chris, I hope my worries didn't come across as hostile, because I appreciate your enthusiasm and all the effort you're putting into this.

Until we get the official word from 54th Street, we should make sure our plans can be accommodated at any lineup location, especially if we're stuck on 42nd Street. If/when we do get the Ziegfeld, then I hope contacting Fisher Brothers is at the top of your "things to do" list, Chris, because we had several restrictions (i.e. no tents) last time that I'd love to have lifted. But I'd hate to see everybody get their hopes up and spend months planning all sorts of wonderful events, only to find out three weeks before line-up day that the Ziegfeld is unavailable and the event logistics are impossible in the alternative space.

Sorry to throw a raincloud out there, but I want everybody who plans to line up to know that the Ziegfeld is not a sure thing. We were lucky with Episode I; while it seems impossible to imagine the first viewing of "Attack of the Clones" anywhere else, ultimately it's up to Clearview Cinemas. I'd like to think the goodwill Clearview showed us during and after the Episode I lineup will carry forward, but we need to remain in a holding pattern until they extend their hand to us.

"Steady...Steady" :)

- Steve

11. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Nah you don't come across as hostile at all...:)

I totally understand and agree and when we are ready to go forward I will pull all the strings and call in all the favors I can.

Just let me know. I stand ready awaiting the command!

:)

12. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    love all the enthusiasm around here, "the line king", that cracked me up heheh. it doesn't really matter to me if the charity event is a weekday or weekend, a weekend is probably more convenient but so would be an event in new jersey...but whatever - you know how good i am about navigating around brooklyn ;). i most likely will not participate in the line but am hoping he will do another charity premiere like tpm so i can get in on that, lines make me nervous. was anyone still interested in going to the ren faire? i know we have limited weekends left, and i'll be away aug 20th- 31st, but...

13. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I really do wanyt to hit the the faire since we now have 2 members who will partcipate...labor day weekend we will be away at DragonCon.

How about the weekend of Sept 8th? or the last day Sun the 16th?

(Jeremy Bulloch is scheduled to be at Big Apple con the 14th)

14. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    the weekend of the 8th sounds good, the 16th is good too, i believe that is the last day. it would be great to finally meet you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.