main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aftermath, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Anyone know any good Future Fics (post-njo), especially Far Future Fics (those set long after the expiration date of regular characters)? I've seen a few FF's but none of them really seem to get off the ground much. The only successful one I can think of is 'Sands of Time' (which includes a reincarnated, ever-popular Obi-wan).

So what's with the lack of FF's? They obviously have a great potential for creativity, but I think that might be part of the problem. Readers have a lack of familiarity with the subject, which might disinterest some of them. I know from experience that one of the hardest parts about writting Future Fics is redefining the galaxy, creating believable new cultures and things for the story. A lot of thought and imagination has to go into that, so maybe a writers are just a little nervous to explore such uncharted waters?

Like I said, I found a few Future Fics around here. They were very interesting and I liked them a lot. However the author/s seemed to eventually give up on them. I know this happens with a lot of stories, but it seems to plague the Future Fic genre.

--And while you're here, it's time for some shameless plugs. Alderann_, Lonewolf89, and I are working on a Far Future Fic set 500 years post-NJO. The plot is shaping up nicely and we should start posting sometime within the month I imagine. So keep an eye out for that.

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I have a FF! It's set some indefinite number of years after NJO, and is completed. ONe more post to go, that is. I've already finished writing it. Check it out:

Namesake

Hope you like it!

3. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Are you only looking for canon stories or do you like AUs too? If the latter's the case, I have a story set about thirty years after A New Hope that follows canon up until the Battle of Endor and then heads for parts unknown. The link's in the sig if you're interested. :)

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    wow, two stories in one day. I'll have to read them when I get some time... come to think of it, I'll have to free up some time. :)

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow, I'd love it if you would read Namesake! Thanks!

6. Wrench-of_the-Monkey

Wrench-of_the-Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    Just a few questions. :D

1. You wouldn't happen to be interested in Ancient SW Fiction (say around a millenia before TPM)?

2. Do you like a lot of EU influence or no-no or maybe so-so?

I'm only asking because I've got a story (four chapters through) that I posted a while back under a different name. Thing is, I think I posted too much in the first post and discouraged a lot of perusers.

I might re-post it in a while. Only if I can garner some interest. :)

7. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Well it's not Far Future, but I've got a story set 80 years after RotJ (aside from the 1-post prologue). Luke is the only surviving OT character. It's short- only runs to two pages.

All Our Scattered Leaves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.