main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future meetings of the soon to be Tulsa FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Listen up, Star Wars fans,

I would like to have a meeting scheduled by the end of this week. Just scheduled, not actually held yet. I would like to hold it around the third week of this month.

I need everyone to pass along word of this group to everyone they think might be interested. Have them join in the forum and let me know how many people are interested. Once that is done, I will make arrangements for a mutually beneficial time and place for the meetings. We have to have three successful scheduled meetings before we can "officially" form the group.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, or religion. You only have to love Star Wars! Age is not an issue either, but if you are under 18 years of age please bring a parent to the first meeting. Parents, spouses, and children are always welcome to attend meetings. The more, the merrier!

I look forward to hearing from you all.

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I can;t make any promises. My schedule is pretty darn tight already. But i will try.

3. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I sent a email to Starbase21. They said that they would be happy to post some flyers on meeting information. IF you are new in town, Starbase21 hosts the yearly sci-fi convention here in town.

4. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Yes but that is the yearly Star Trek convention. Back when Jimmy was still doing defcon Tulsa actually had a real sci-fi convention once a year. I also hear there is a good con in OKC but haven;t gotten down to it yet.

Shadoe

5. Dueling Lightsabers

Dueling Lightsabers Jedi Youngling

May 5, 1999
    Hey guys,
    Nice to see that Tulsa does have some Star Wars fans that come out! I would love to be a part of this. Have you schelduled the meeting yet? Look forward to seeing you.
    Anthony

6. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Hello! This sounds great! Has a date been set yet? Please let me know.

7. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Fellow Star Wars fans,

Here are some interesting websites detailing the exploits of various FanForce chapters throughout the country. This is what I want to build here in Tulsa!

http://www.hothlantarebels.com/
    http://www.dfwfanforce.net/
    http://www.indyknights.com/
    http://www.minnesotaforce.org/
    http://www.nashvilleforce.com/index17.asp
    http://www.omahafanforce.com/
    http://www.thenewrepublic.net/

This week will be the last chance to throw in your input about meeting times and places. I WILL have a meeting scheduled by the end of this week, and I will try to make the time and location mutually beneficial to all concerned.
    Look at this board on Friday to get all the details.

8. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    A lunch time(11-1) would be best for me. Of course that may not work for some folks, I will try to make the meeting whenever set.

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hey! don't forget us over in phoenix!
    here's a link to our site...
    Phoenix Fan Force!

now all you guys have to do is set up a time and place and your good to go!
    right on! lets make the southwest the best region for the FanForce!!! :D

10. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Glad the ball is rolling. Like RR517, between 11-1 would be good, but I could meet after 5:00 pm as well. This weekend and next will be bad, but I might have someone who could (with enough advace warning) go in my place. Let prove that the Force is strong in Tulsa!!

11. Dueling Lightsabers

Dueling Lightsabers Jedi Youngling

May 5, 1999
    Well, lunchtime would be bad for me (since I'm at work, unless you are doing this on a weekend). I would suggest either a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon, which I think would probably be more feasible for everyone. But if you do this on a weekday during lunchtime, I think I can swing using my lunch break to go to the meeting.
    Keep us posted!
    Anthony

12. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    How does the weekend of April the 6th sound to everybody? Saturday, say around 1-2pm? A weekend is the only time that will work for me, and once I get a thumbs up for that particular weekend, I will reserve the meeting place.

Now, on to meeting places...

I am going to inquire about holding the meeting at one of the following places.

Casa Bonita
    Tulsa Library Systems (They always have nice big meeting rooms for this kind of thing)

If anyone has any other ideas, post them here and we'll see what's feasible.

Example:

Tulsa Library = FEASIBLE
    Night Trips = NOT FEASIBLE

:)

13. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    OK, I just got off the phone with the Tulsa Public Library located directly behind Woodland Hills Mall. They have a meeting room reserved for us from 1-4 on Saturday, the 6th of April. We may not need the room for that long, but we have it if we decide we want it for that long, as well as a TV and VCR. Guess what! It's free! If anyone has a problem with this, let me know and I will see what we can do about changing the date. I look forward to hearing from you all. Feel free to email me at ti622@yahoo.com

Jake Brown

14. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    If I do not hear anything from anyone in opposition to the current logistics of the April 6th meeting by tomorrow at noon, I will let the FanForce RSA know about the time and date so they can advertise the meeting on the main FanForce site. I also want to have time to post some flyers around the Tulsa area. I look forward to hearing from you, as well as meeting you face to face in the coming weeks.

Jake

15. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    April 6th is good for me. I will see all of you there! :D

16. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I haven't heard any arguments towards the meeting specifics, so here it is:

First Meeting
    Saturday / April 6th, 2002
    1 ? 4 pm
    Tulsa Public Library
    6737 South 85th East Avenue
    (Behind Woodland Hills Mall)
    Tulsa, OK

I have printed some flyers that I will leave at comic shops, gaming shops, etc... If you would like to have a few copies of said flyers to pass out on your own, send me your email address and I will shoot the Word document your way. It's simple black and white for easy reproduction.

I look forward to meeting you all on the 6th!

Jake

17. darkjedi

darkjedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    General, would you send me a copy please.

darkjedi@geotec.net

18. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I forwarded the flyer for the meeting to darkjedi@geotec.net and RogerRoger. If anyone else needs or wants it, let me know.

19. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I am soo glad we have a Fan Force chapter going here.

I want to be active, but I don't think I can feasible make the first meeting. I usually work on the weekends and monday and tuesday are usually the best and granted I know that doesn't help any of you.

Ohh can I get a copy of the flier?

callista77@yahoo.com

20. BlueSaberBlade

BlueSaberBlade Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Hello all,
    I'm not new to this site but I am new to the message board. Just ran into this board...looks like you have a good thing going. I'm interested in attending the FanForce meetings, and meeting more Star Wars fans.

21. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    This is awesome. I'm going to school out of state but will be home in Tulsa for the summer. looking forward to hearing about Fan Force events!

22. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    General,

Wanted to let you know I will probably not make the meeting. I have developed a nice outer ear infection out of the blue and am not a really nice person when it feels like I am being stabed in the ear with an ice pick. So I think I will stay home and try to get rid of it. I apologize. See you at work on Monday I hope.

23. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    So how'd the meeting go? How many people showed up?

I'm at work, so I couldn't make it, but my hours are changing so I'll be off on Fridays & Saturdays so I should be able to make future meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.