main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Future Meetings

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qonas, Feb 17, 2008.

?

Future Meetings

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Second Saturday of every month

100.0%
  2. First Saturday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Third Saturday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Last Saturday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. First Friday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Second Friday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Third Friday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Last Friday of every month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Can't do Fridays or Saturdays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    So we definitely need to get in the swing of regular meetings again. But that brings up two problems, schedules and locations. We brought up a bookstore, I forget if it was a Borders or Barnes and Noble, near 14 Mile. That seems like it would be a pretty central location, and these bookstores have worked out pretty well before. So we can check this one out, and if there's a problem we'll go back to square one.

So that leaves schedules, which is why I have the poll up. I'll be able to be flexible to any day, so it's up to you guys to vote on what's going to work for you. We'll get this done, and then set a date for the next meeting.

2. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Saturdays are good for me. I actually don't work them regularly. (Last night was my first in several months, ironically.) But I'm still stuck with Fridays, so...

Bookstore's good. Where on 14 Mile?

I swear I will make a meeting, one day...

3. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I think we are thinking of the Barnes and Noble on John R, just off of 14 mile road.
    Mike, are you Jon or Susie going to check with them?
    Everyone is always welcome here for movies/games:)

4. Gold-Five

Gold-Five Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2004
    Well, I followed the herd and voted for second Saturday, but I think a better choice might be "whenever we can get most of us together at the same time". As such, our meetings might need to jump around the calender a bit. But for the time being, the Saturday seems to work out for most. Any new members want to weigh in on this?

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm with Gold-Five on this one, and I'll vote for the same date. Jon has so many events to go to, and they vary so much, so we'll be able to make it if he's not at something else.

Mike, if you could check with the stores, I'd appreciate it. I just started a new physical therapy program that's going to have me busy (and in pain).

We talked about Barnes & Noble on John R and 14 Mile.

Thanks!!!

6. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    I'm back!!!! This is the first time of been on the boards in atleast a year and a half. I won't say that'll i'll make every meeting but i will try. Second saturday is fine by me and location is fine by me. I'll be very honest that I had thought that my R2- Detroit days were over but i'm willing to give it a go again. I hope that it works and that we r able to find things to talk about again cause that seemed to be the problem towards the end and was the very reason I stopped going to meetings cause to me with nothing else coming out it was pointless. Now with Indy coming up and with the Clone Wars movie we have things to discuss. Hopefully they get moving on this "show" that we've heard about for the last 2 years. talk to everyone soon.

7. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Yep, no problem. I'm gonna be in Sterling Heights either Thursday or Friday, so I'll stop by that one and any others in the area while I'm over there. Hopefully one of them'll work out.

8. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Thank you so much! I hope you find something quickly and easily.

9. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Well, I just got back from the Sterling Heights-Warren-Troy area. There were both a Borders and a Barnes & Noble, right on 14 and John R. The Barnes & Noble was very nice, very quiet, and had a pretty extensive little cafe thing. Unfortunately, all they have are those wooden chairs and no free tables.

The Borders is in Oakland Mall. I thought that might end up presenting a noise issue, but it was rather quiet in there. Plus, they have a table like the one from Novi and it's placed in the furthest corner away from the entrance inside the mall. Any noise drifting in would be muffled fairly well. It's also right near the entrance from outside. So that was pretty huge, and I gotta say I liked that Borders setup a lot. It'll definitely work.

10. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Sounds good, Mike! There are plenty of restaurants in the area we can adjourn to, as well as our house:)
    Hope we can get a meeting going for March!:)

11. DetroitBountyHunter

Feb 10, 2003
    I use to work at 14 and John R so i've been in the mall and at that Borders. It's very nice there and like u said not much traffic. Not a very busy mall compared to Great Lakes. The second saturday would be a week from tomorrow so we would have to get moving if we were thinking of having a meeting.

12. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    That was the last issue. Today's technically the first Saturday of the month, so if we really hold to the "second Saturday" thing we're meeting next week. It seems like a bit of a rush, so if anyone has any problems with it then we'll meet in two weeks instead. So will anyone not be able to meet next week?

13. DetroitBountyHunter

Feb 10, 2003
    So far i'm open for the 8th but I know forsure I'm busy the following saturday, the 15th.

14. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    The 8th should work for us, as far as I know. What time?

15. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Sorry, I'm in LA until the 14th. :(

16. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
  17. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    We are looking at the 8th. So far, Scooby is the only one who can't make it, as he'll be in L.A. Hopefully, he can make it to the next meeting or party, then.
    Mike, Susie, Jon, Christine, Todd, & Barry have so far said they can make it on the 8th. I'll send Kyle a message on Facebook to let he and Therese know. Maybe you all can email some of the other folks who may not be reading this board anymore?

18. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Yeah, I originally was just testing the waters to see if the 8th'd be rushing it but apparently not. :D

So I'll be there the 8th, the Borders in Oakland Mall. Should we call them up and see if we can get the table reserved like we did with Novi? And does anybody know how to contact Robert? I'd send a PM but I'm not sure he even signs onto the boards anymore.

19. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    7pm? Look for the table?
    Ok--see you all there:)

20. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Hey guys, I should've gotten to this earlier but I caught a bout of food poisoning a few days ago and it's just now subsiding. I was thinking of having the meeting earlier this month, maybe around 4pm. I just got a phone call from someone in the group requesting an earlier time for just this month, so yeah. Anyone have any objections to this? If not, 4pm at the Borders in Oakland Mall, Saturday. The table's right straight in front of you if you enter the store through the parking lot entrance.

21. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Just wanted to post a big thank you to Qonas for meeting yesterday. It looks like the Borders is not going to work because they have removed the big table. So, we will have to explore other options.
    We were thinking--what about a library, they usually have meeting rooms? Troy Library is pretty big. Or, the other thought I had was at a Panera. They are usually pretty open and have good seating.

22. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Sorry I didn't make it Saturday. After driving through the damn snow all week I just wasn't up to it on the weekend... Plus I didn't saw the message about 4pm anyway. :\

Libraries are a good call. At my local library any city resident can reserve the meeting room for free. I don't think it's a TLN thing, but suspect they might have similar policies up there.

23. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, we'll see if we can resuscitate this thing at all.
    We moved the meeting to 4pm for people who requested it and then didn't show up or call us to let us know they couldn't make it.
    It's a shame, because when we do manage to get together we all have a great time...
    Maybe when the weather gets better it will be a bit easier to get folks to come out?

24. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry we didn't make it last week. I'd been battling a migraine that started on Tuesday night and just started subsiding on Saturday afternoon. I hadn't been on the boards as looking at a computer made my head want to explode. I had been hoping to still make it to the meeting at 7 PM, but when we got the call about it being at 4 ... well, I just couldn't do it. :(

It really sucks because the PT is starting to get me stronger and I can sit and walk longer. I was hoping to see everyone and have a good time (as always). Anyway, I definitely want to try again, and I'm so sorry I missed everyone last week.

Take care!

25. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, we're back to square one on finding a new place to meet. We would be happy to have everyone over here again until we find something else.
    Do you all want to meet up in April at all or wait until the Indy premiere in May maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.