main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future Newcastle sci-fi, comic and card marts

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Thank you for the Pm Tim a reply sent back

Notice to Midlands members the question that upset a few of you was 'where is the midlands in the uk' As Tim said im the PM
    Nottingham and brum area ! Question answed then Thanks !

There is no need to fly off the wall !
    I was Not Awear of any Problems within the Midlands thread And for making my comment sound like I was having a go at you all Im SORRY I was'nt.

The fact Ive never met Wizz and any others is you havent met me to under stand I have a short fuse and a very dry scene of humor ! Its best to take my comments with a pinch of salt !

Again Sorry !

Lets move on please

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g245/defstartrooper/troopers_0135.png]
    (Time to) Move along, move along....lol

So - if we do get to this wonderful affair of a comic fair - what else could we do to catch my interest - film, food (looks at Spike2002)????

3. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Cinema ? Pub ? Runs out of Idea's (Looks at Spike2002 also)

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *everyone looks at him, turns around to look for someone else*

D'oh, they're looking at me.

Uhm, how about another trip to Trillians?

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Jase, you and Sie may want to talk to the organiser of the comic fair again before you go btw ;)

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Do we have to? I just wanna look around and be lazy :(

7. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    i havn't dressed up in a while

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    So many replies, so little time ... [face_whistling] :p
    These kinda of fairs can be done in an hour (or less), so it's just a suggestion. At the very least, you may want to ask the boss if we can give them flyers (FF, 99th and RL) to have on their desk for people to pick up ;)

9. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    Yeah they have a similar event in Nottingham once or twice a year, but it's not fairly large. Might be the same organisers. It's not particularly fantastic, but I did pick up some Star Wars Tales issues I was missing a few years ago! You can look around them in about 20 minutes unless you're really into looking through every box on every store with extreme passion! They always give away flyers and stuff though, so I have no doubt you could arrange to have some FFUK ones on the welcome table.

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Me too - I second that. From my four experiences at these fairs now I just wanna go, get in and get the hell out.

11. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Could have a curry afterwards !

12. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    Then why go in the first place? :p

13. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Its something to do I guess ! But we shall let Edgejedi and the CR sort something out in the mean time !

14. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Its a social thang - just good to have something in common to share experiences with through the day, laugh at the punters, complain about how pitiful or wonderful it may be and then move on and have fun - dont have to actually be serious and 'achieve' something at every event....

All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy. ;)

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I mean more in terms of you hand over a bunch of flyers to the organiser (pre-arranged so that he is ok with it, before the day) and he can hand them out on his desk with the other flyers they usually hand out. In return we can "advertise" the fact he holds these things on here, and other forums (SW.com). It may help membership, it may not. But isn't it better to do something? Plus, it's not you actually personally handing out the flyers, it's handing them over to the appropriate authorities.

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Maybe. I'd rather just be the guest for once, rather than the dude at the table handing out fliers.

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    None of the above is handing out flyers yourself Sie, you would be giving the organiser them to do that at his table (usually at the entrance where you have to pay), and you can carry on in as guests. 2007 is going to be a big Star Wars year, we may as well get out as many flyers as possible - small or big events. All I was asking that we contact him to see if he is willing to do that, in return we can "advertise" that his shows to the fanbase via here and on SW.com.

Edit: I believe Nige is going to contact the organiser, and I'll send Nige the flyers, so don't worry about it. It'll be sorted that way.

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    OK. Well, I don't even know what dates, if any, I can make. The first date coincides with Dave's birthday, IIRC, and I believe he wants it in Boro. The second March one is the first day of my Easter break, and I'll be knee deep in dissertations and other assignments.

19. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    It dont have to be Boro ? [face_peace]

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    It is what you wanted though, dude. And since more than one member (including yourself) has expressed distaste for this event, I've got to think about what my constituents want.

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'd get a headcount of who can make it and when Sie. There are also people not posting so much who can do Newcastle meets, which reminds me I should ping em on msn.

I know most people aren't comic collectors, and the fairs don't have a huge amount to offer, but they can always be a start to a meet. And a meet doesn't always have to have a CR (or RSA) at it, so if people want to meet up anyways - just help organise I guess.

Who wants to go? (Which dates?)

I think NW will do the same, since Golden Orbit has these around the whole of the North, and are a way of starting of a day event with various activities.

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'd get a headcount of who can make it and when Sie. There are also people not posting so much who can do Newcastle meets, which reminds me I should ping em on msn.

I know most people aren't comic collectors, and the fairs don't have a huge amount to offer, but they can always be a start to a meet. And a meet doesn't always have to have a CR (or RSA) at it, so if people want to meet up anyways - just help organise I guess.

1.DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON (however I will have to sort dates out but it shouldnt be a problem) :)

I think NW will do the same, since Golden Orbit has these around the whole of the North, and are a way of starting of a day event with various activities.

23. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    1.DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON (however I will have to sort dates out but it shouldnt be a problem) :)
    2. Suzi- I can make any of the dates.

24. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    To be honest...i tend to go to Leeds...which is the North and East too, ;)

But if y'all planning a hoot nanny i could maybe pop up and say hi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.