main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future of Fan Sites - Board Discussion (that means YOU and the guy with the face in the place...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Brandon Rhea, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    You'll see. :p

2. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    From this weeks MSU/ATB:

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    :( Bummer.

So, when exactly will this be going down? Will some of the threads here be moved there? For example, some of the guides that I (and I am sure there are others, if we look) could still fit over in the new forum. Or would it be better if they were reposted?

Ultimately, I am pleased with this decision. I think it is a good move that can work. Good job, bac and the rest of the MS. :)

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We will definitely want to move any threads from here that fit the guidelines of the new forum. So anything you'd like to see moved you can either post here or let Bac know.

We are excited about the new forum and it's new direction. Any input or questions are welcome and much appreciated.

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    You did it again.

Strike three and you're replaced as Head Admin. :p

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Here are a few I can think of:

I am not sure if you guys would rather move or repost some of these threads. I think the Discussion threads could be reposted, which may make it look neater but will lose the posts. Also, I am sure there are more, I just went back a few pages.

If an Index for the new forum is needed to start, I will be more than happy to help with it. (Though, not sure if you would need me for such a thing).

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The things that would likely be moved are the tutorials and informational threads as opposed to discussion threads, but we'll consider it.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    [face_whistling]

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Could be as early as the next few days, could be as late as next two weeks. I say that because there's nothing firm yet, and I don't want to make anything that sounds like a guarantee and then be wrong.

10. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Ah, okay. Thanks.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's the ghost in the machine! I swear on its mother's grave! It's gone too far I tell you! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.