main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future of Fanforce

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Woofer, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm not trying to create some kind of huge war here, but I do have some questions.

My understanding is that Fanforce is an organization of organizations. The common thread is we are all Star Wars fans. Is this sanctioned/supported by Lucasfilm in any way?

The reason I ask is this.

With the new message forums at starwars.com, will Lucasfilm want to consolidate the fan network by moving Fanforce over to its forums?

I can think of other "what if" scenarios, but I will stop it at that. Remember that I am only inquiring about Fanforce, and not the Jedi Council forums. Those discussion boards can be at just about any site, but Fanforce is something that links several cities together, and exists only here.

Hoping to see some clarification/discussion regarding this.

2. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    I've just had a look at the forums over there.

I dont think it will take anything from here; and I dont think Lucas has a grand plan for getting all the fans using that site either.

3. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    Although FF and TFN are recognised by Lucasfilm they are in no way official. more like tolerated.

Therefore, FF will not 'move' over to SW.com.

For example. Take a look at that banner at the top of the page. Lucasfilm could take that away if they want as it infinges copyright laws. However, they don't. Why? Well becase if everybody did that then the internet would be a very boring place to be and it's good for publicity. However, they can use those rights to get things removed from websites that they don't want 'out there'. Case in point being the EP2 storyboards that were posted on TFN and a host of other SW sites. Lucasfilm issued cease and desist notification to all of these websites threatening legal action and further restricions on unofficial sites in future if they were not removed.

Helped add validity to them though. :)

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    FanForce isn't going anywhere. Don't worry.

5. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    You mean, moving to this ugly place? No way, we already moved to Snowboard, I think that's enough for this year... :p

(j/k, love this place)

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well with all the changes happening on the Jedi Council side of things, I wonder if maybe FanForce should be more separated. A bit more independent?

I've seen this kind thing happen before. I was a "Wizard" at a MOO. Half the staff leaves, they get replaced and things eventually settle down, but it leaves the regular denizens a bit worried and some never come back.

I just wouldn't to see that happen with Fanforce is all.

7. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    As you may have seen in the other thread Joanzia has resigned. We are now without Official leadership of Fanforce. I guess by default it is my job and I am more than willing to do my part.

As far as I know any changed being made to Fanforce will be for the better.

We hope to be adding at least 2 new RSAs in the near future. We expect for Chapters to form due to AOTC getting closer and closer.

All suggestions are welcome to Global Support, if you have any question contact you RSA or if you do not currently have one contact Global Support.

8. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    No, that's okay MysterySith, you'll be too busy at Rebelscum.com to take charge here, why don't I do it for you? [face_mischief]

9. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Busy at Rebelscum, oh really?

10. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    Either you're there, or somebody stole your username! :p

11. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I post there, they are a great site.

12. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    See! I was right! :p

Although I *still* haven't won an Ultrama Display Stand! :_|

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    JW, neither have I. I almost bought one the other day at a con. I met the Founder on Ultrama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.