main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Future of Reading, PA - CR Needed.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaChris12, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I haven't seen Rob in a while and feel it may be a good idea to elect a new CR to keep things rolling and moving ahead. If anyone has heard from Rob, please share any updates you may have. He was sent an email and Pm almost a month ago and I have not received any response from him. Hopefully he is ok.

I've heard that some members don't wish to step up and take the lead. Please remember that you need a CR to be the liason for your FF.

Is there interest in keeping the group going?

2. BattousaiCV

BattousaiCV Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    What are the CR's responsibilities? Just curious.

3. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Per the FanForce Rules:

Chapter Reps
    To be a Chapter Rep (CR) a person must be at least 18 years of age and live in the city/region they are Representative for twelve months of the year. There can also be only one CR per chapter. CRs are expected to uphold the CR Code of Conduct both on and off forum. They are also expected to report any problems on their forum or with their chapter to their RSA or a GSA as soon as possible. Condoning or encouraging negative behavior/posting habits could result in a demotion or ban of the CR in addition to the person(s) causing the problem.

Chapter Reps need to sign in several times a week to check their chapter forum, check their PMs, and check the CR forum. CRs need to post at least every other week in their own forum. They also need to contact their RSAs often regarding events and forum changes (headers, banners, etc). If a CR goes two weeks with out logging in, s/he will be demoted and the RSA will facilitate elections for a new CR. If a CR informs his/her RSA before an absence, the two week rule can be waived.

Chapters need to have annual elections for the position of Chapter Rep. The elections can take place in forum or in person. If the elections are in person, at least two people other than the current CR (who are not related to or in the same household as the CR) need to PM the results of the election to their RSA. Elections in forum will be handled by a PM vote to an RSA who is unaffiliated with that chapter. If a chapter has not had annual elections, then the RSA will step in to start the election process.

Basically, a CR is the voice of your chapter. They will be able to communicate to the other CRs for ideas and help in the CR Forum (a private forum). You would be in charge of organizing meetings. the rest could be up to your chapter, based on what structure you all decide on. Any other duties (event planning, secretary, etc) that may arise can be delegated to other members. A CR may NOT hold the position of Treasurer.

I did receive a PM from Rob. He wishes everyone the best, but is stepping down at this time. In order to remain an active FF chapter, you will need to elect a new CR. I can give it a week to talk it over and hold an election. I can help with the eelction process if needed by collecting PMs and keeping tally if you'd like.

4. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    In order to continue as an active FanForce, Reading will need to elect a new Chapter Rep.

Before getting to that point, is there enough interest to keep the forum and group moving forward? I'm here to help and will do what I can.

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll have no choice but move the forum to inactive status unless someone steps up to fill the vacant CR position. It's not a hard position and the work (what little there can be at times) can be distributed among the entire membership to make it easier.

I'll set a deadline of Friday November 21 before changing the forum's status.

if anyone is interested in becoming the Chapter Rep, please PM me or post here.

6. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm running amuck with no one to play with...[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.