main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Future of the Western Australian Fan Force.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Will retrieve my Academy cd on Saturday.. [face_cowboy]

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Folks might have to talk me through this given I haven't done over-the-net gaming before... :)

3. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    I think stinky would be the best one to advise you on connecting up...I'm no guru on it either :confused:

It might be a little tricky with an older game like Academy but I'm sure stinky will have all the answers!

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Wise master Stinky.....

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Uh, um, ok..

I'm at work atm and don't have the disks anyway to check, but from memory run the multiplayer shortcut, someone will host (creating a PRIVATE game - unless we want others to join) and need to know their IP address (don't post it here), we'll need a chat program or something to advise the host's IP to everyone and everyone should be able to connect that way. Either that or the hosts creates a private game with an obvious name (ie: "FFWA - LJB's going to die a lot" and everyone can search through servers by ping, as it should be pretty good in comparison to international servers it'll be near the top.

Put the password in and away you go. We will have ot make sure everyone is running the same version as well, so I'll see what the latest update is and download it tonight. Suggest everyone else does the same, should help iron out any bugs/exploits *glares at LBJ* there were in the system...

But that's from memory as I don't have the game installed anywhere...
    Who's got the best connection? (they will host unless they're not confident on making the changes)

6. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Force lightning is not an exploit! :D There is a valid defence....absorb...or defence...or something :confused:

Pretty sure I won't have the fastest connect....I think I only sync at about 3 - 5 MB.

I have the patch at home...not sure what they got up to but if it's not on the lucasarts site anymore I can send it to people who don't have it.

snap-hiss!

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Best defence is a good offence. (ie: LBJ dead = me alive not concerned with lightning spam)

Really want my disks back now.. (well and not to be at work too).

8. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    where are your disc's stinky?

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I might need the patch, LBJ. Think you might have my e-mail already...?

I'm really not sure what my speed's like, but my main problem is that my wireless connection is up to crap. Best I can get is two bars, and that's with a TP-link antenna...

Incidentally, when and what time are we talking about here? For me, this Sat. night after 8-ish is preferable because of my baby duties, and Sunday I'm out for much of the day.

10. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I'm not sure when Stinky will get his discs back so this weekend might be too early? In any case Saint I can e-mail you the patch I have.....I'll check it's the latest one before I do so. Assuming I remember of course ha ha!

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Nub-man has them..

I think the latest patch was 1.01 (here). That site also has a lot of maps if we wanna get crazy..

12. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    OK just installed and patched academy!

Time to practice some lightning he he he.

[face_dancing]

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    hm, no widescreen support?

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    To answer my own question, yeah it does support widescreen, but after I turn off the game and come back to it, it will refuse to start on the resolution I set (just hangs), not sure why.. oh well, will have to live with the stretched look..

15. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    mmmm curious.....I think mine went straight to wide screen....

what resolution are you using? I'll try it on mine.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    1680*1050

But I'm setting it by console, haven't looked to see if there's some wide screen settings in the video settings?
    Also got dismemberment working in m/player, which is great fun :D

17. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I don't think there are widescreen settings in the video section.....I used 1600*1200 so I guess it is just stretching the image?

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, I used the cg_customwidth and cg_customheight commands (followed by vid_reset - or whatever the command is)

It works while playing, then if you exit and restart, the moment you try and play a game it just hangs...

19. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    oh well....stretched not stretched....either way looking at your corpse cleaved in two will be just as enjoyable.

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    hahahaha (you can try)... Did you get that working? Hard to do, but I think the best looking one is when you lop someones head off.. lol..

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    How do you do that again, Stinkster? I have Academy installed, patch 1.01 is good to go, so let's move towards an overnet session?

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    LBJ and I have an idea for a game tomorrow at about 8pm, I will send both of you my IP by PM and see if we can get a game going.

To get the dismemberment in multiplayer type this in the console (shift and ~ ) and type
    g_dismember 600 - for server
    cg_dismember 600 - for client (both have to be on)

For singleplayer dismemberment;
    open the shortcut on the desktop or start menu to singleplayer game and add "+set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100" (without ") to the end o the shortcut

Easy

23. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Yep I'm still good for a game tonight starting around 8/8.15 (will be watching the totally rad show before hand so I might be a few minutes late!).

Still need to find a keyboard config I'm happy with [face_thinking]

24. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I saw a tv advert and saw that Good game's back on too.. not sure what day of the week it's on...

25. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    It's on Monday nights on ABC2 at 9pm. Personally I thing 'Lame Game' is a waste of time....their reviews are meaningless, the animated segments are not funny and 'Lux' is just plain annoying. I do still like the 'Backwards Compatible' section they do, in fact next weeks Backwards Compatible story is on Star Wars games so will be worth a watch. But aside from that...yeah I don't like the show much anymore.

Totally Rad Show however is simply...well.....rad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.