Mary Future of this Forum

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Hey gang,

Are you interested in keeping this forum? Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where I need to give a 2 week warning before moving to inactive, unless there is more activity. That would make me sad :(

If you need anything please let me know.
  2. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Come on Guys, Log on message in, we have kept this going this long It would be sad to see it go, lots of good times

I moved to WV but still consider myself a "Maryland Fan Forcer"

Hope to hear from you all soon

Tak

3. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I've been in Elkton for the past two months, and I am now into our new house in DE, but this looks to be the most likely chance for an active FF. I'm in if we can get this going!
  4. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm defintely all for trying to get this going again. I think our main problem has really been location. Some folks are up in the Baltimoreish area and then the rest of us are so spread out between the far Western Shore and the far Eastern Shore (like me). But if we can kick this back to life... ;)
  5. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    /wave. I'm in Newark for the school year. Woo.
  6. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe we'll have to grab a drink some time. Newark's no problem for me to get to in no time!
  7. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Takwolf, are we both WV Maryland members? Hey, if you and the gang are not going to get this forum moving, Tak and I will start the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia Fan Force and then you will be sorry! :_| Besides, how can I be Hospitality Mistress if you all go away? :_| Anyone into book discussions? Reviving the alpha bet forum or starting a new one?
  8. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds good Isbeth :)

We should start a forum for the MDFFers that moved out of Maryland.
    I have to problem with the main meetings being in central MD, the Westerns and eastern MDers can have sub meetings and report back. The main thing is we have to stay active, Post the MD Fan Force on School, community and store billboards to get the work out. I admit I have been lax and with no new movies its going to be tough, but with books, toys and tv shows that should be more then enough to talk about.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Perl Harbor? NO! And it ain't over now!!!"

Tak
  9. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Where exactly are you in West Virginia are you Tak?
  10. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Petersburg Wv, Just south of Moorefield

Tak
  11. CannibalFoodfight Jedi Padawan

Anybody here used to post and come to the meetings back around 99 when Phantom Menace came out? I was Danakin. I went to a couple of meetings. One was at Wendy's near Hoyts in Linthicum, we did one at Arundel Mills food court and one up at Ruby Tuesdays somewhere. Oh and Applebee's in Annapolis!
  12. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all. I'm in San Antonio but I still stop by here from time to time to see how things are going. I would sure hate to see this forum go away. I've had so many great memories here and made some great friends as well. To all the old school folks out there. Charm City Fanforce rules! Keep the Spork alive!
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I poke my head in here occasionally, too. And I remember you. :)

I'll start checking in here more regularly. I'd love to see communication get back up and going in here again.
  14. DarthRotten Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello All,

I'm a long time member of the forums here on theforce.net, mostly in the EU literature and TV sections. As much as I enjoy these forums, I've grown tired of the internet as my only outlet for talking about sci-fi in general and Star Wars in particular. I want to gather a group of local Star Wars fans on a monthly basis to talk about the latest in Star Wars books and comics, as well as anything else that comes. So I'm starting up a Star Wars Book Club in the Baltimore area. Please visit my new myspace page and request to add the Baltimore Star Wars Book Club as a friend.

http://www.myspace.com/baltimorestarwarsbookclub

If you don't have a myspace account, feel free to e-mail me at SWBookClub77@yahoo.com to be added to my mailing list.

I'm hoping to have the first meeting within two weeks after the release of Star Wars:Legacy of the Force-Revelation, possibly in White Marsh or Towson, but the location is negotiable. Come out for good food, cold drinks and good conversation about our favorite topic.

Thanks!

Gary B. aka DarthRotten
  15. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Always been behind the times in the EU world but I just started reading Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.

Its Been pretty good so far

Tak
  16. Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am very sorry for my absence, everyone. This group has kind of fallen apart over the past year, and, while there were a slew of reasons, my leaving (unannounced no less) certainly didn't help.

Anyhow, I would like to get our FF up and running again. I just posted a thread about a potential meet up this weekend. If that doesn't work, just post here or PM me about what days and what times are most convenient for the majority. I'm pretty much right in the middle of Maryland; so I can get just about anywhere in a couple hours, and I don't mind long drives. :p

Just as a suggestion, the Wendy's by Hoyts on west nursery road was pretty much the most frequently used meeting spot over the past five or six years. I'd be happy to give you all directions, but, again, I'm open to any suggestions for meeting places.

I hope to hear from you all soon!

~Your Prodigal CR, Jon. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.
  17. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I still check in every now and then. I'd hate to see this forum die since there's such history to this and the group.

The MarylandForce.net site is down since the host I had it on lost all its data, but I'm with a new host now so I can work on getting that back up. I'll probably just put a logo up with a link to the forum here.
  18. CannibalFoodfight Jedi Padawan

Whaddup Mogook??

I miss you dude. It's been two days since I've seen your shining face, lol.
  19. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Unfortunately, this applies again :( If you guys need any help getting up and running again, please let me know, I am happy to help.
  20. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, there is now a possibility that Celebration V might be held in Baltimore. I will start a new thread to discuss this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.