main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future perception of the saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Seldon, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    When we first saw Phantom we were all like what is that what the heck are midichlorians why are they changing anything the force is mystical. When future fans watch the movies in order they will hate a new hope saying why the heck did they change everything the force is biological not mystical. It is funny how perceptions will change. To us phantom had revolutionary changes to them A new hope will be revolutionary in a sense.

2. advent

advent Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2003
    The Force is still the Force. The midichlorians are the bridge between 'mystical' and physical. They live in all living cells; they communicate the will of the Force to physical beings (perhaps only ones that are conscious?).

I don't think there will be a huge difference between the generation that grew up on the original trilogy and the one that will grow up with the entire saga. Perhaps they will find more enjoyment in Episodes I, II, and III and think the last 3 are boring? ;)

I don't know. Maybe we should wait 20 years and find out then.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    There is no difference. The Force is just as biological as it is mystical.

Yoda pointed out its biological connection in ESB. "Life creates it, makes it grow." It's inside all of our bodies.

TPM just told us that there were things in us that were the physical link between us and the Force. 'Tis all.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I know the defintion of the force I am just implying what future generations will think. At first many were taken back by the biological definition in the future they will be taken back by the mystical.

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think the midichlorians are just a handy device to provide some kind of scientific basing for how people are able to 'feel' the Force. It's not the whole story.

Is the word even mentioned in AOTC? If so, it's barely covered, and I think Ep3 will be the same way. Some people just need to have an answer for things and the midichlorians provide that if that's what they need. The majority of people will be happy with the whole mystical energy concept, which is still the case even with midichlorians introduced.

At most, people watching them for the first time in numerical order will take the idea on board and then let it sink into how the Force is shown over the next 5 films. It's not a change, after all, just an vague explanation for how the Force moves through people.

6. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    I don't see why people are so surprised that the Force is biological. As mystical as it may have been originally, we were told from the beginning that Luke was strong with the Force, just like his father. That indicates heredity right there.

7. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The Force was always genetic. When Yoda told Luke, the Force runs strong in his family, that should of gave it away. When Obi-Wan spoke of hiding the twins, he said it was done because they would be a threat to the Emperor. That means they were special. Not everybody can be a Jedi.

"We also get into this thing of what are midi-chlorians, how they work which advances a little bit of the story of the Force, and how does the Force work, how we come to know the Force which is part of Anakin?s training in learning to become a Jedi. And take the idea of the Force one step further. The mid-chlorians are kind of a side issue. Not in a sort of spiritual, metaphysical part of the Force, but the more practical, biological, physical part of the Force, or how we come to know the Force, which has to do really with the genetics of why some people have more in tune to the Force than others."
      --George Lucas

8. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    I think someone is going for the record of opening the most threads to be locked in the shortest amount of time?

Congrats

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    M_Sidious do you find this to be a stupid thread because that is not my intent.

10. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    "Life creates it."

Yoda, ESB. Yes, there's more of a mystical aspect in the OT, but it's easy to see where the physical component fits in.

11. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    M_Sidious do you find this to be a stupid thread because that is not my intent.

I was actually referring to all your other ones that got locked.

12. Darth-Asimov

Darth-Asimov Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Sometimes it can be hard for new members to make "good" threads when they are new. I myself am new and I realize that it will take a little time before I can make good threads. I don't think it is right to make fun of people because maybe a few of their threads were locked. It happens to everyone. Now what were we talking about the Future perception of the saga. I personally belive that the future audiences will be amazed at the twists in Episode III and be shocked by Anakin's turn and everyones death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.