main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Future Planetary Confederations or Sith armadas enemies for Episodes X-XII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 23, 2015.

?

If there is a new Interstellar Confederation to challenge the New Republic in Episodes X-XII

Poll closed Jan 20, 2016.
  1. Would it be the Mandalorians and their vast armada of Bes'uliik starfighters and Tra'kad warships

33.3%
  2. The Corellians and their YT-5100 Shriek Bombers

16.7%
  3. Hapans and their Battle Dragon starships

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Or some other new star system and it's fleet of ships

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I think a logical enemy for Episodes X-XII(the SST). If there will be a fourth trilogy and there will definitely be one if the ST is sucsessful. If people are bored of just future remnants of the Empire just showing up to strike at the New Republic in the SST. But I would be very OK with that. Or if people don't care for extragalactic invasions or alien invasion armadas from the Unknown Regions.(But I would definitely be OK with it. How about borrowing a plot device from the Legacy of the Force book series and have a new confederation of star systems separating from the New Republic and fearing it because it could become another Empire. Like perhaps a Corellian Confederation like the one in the Legacy book series or how about a Mandalorian Confederation that could have their own fleet of warships and starfighters like the Bes'uliik starfighter and the Tra'kad Mandalorian Protector starship. And have other fleets of ships from other star systems like Hapan Battle Dragons or the Maw Irregular Fleet commanded perhaps by Admiral Daala or a similar female Imperial Admiral.

If not then if the Sith are ressurected in Episode VIII and survive Episode IX. How about a vast Sith Armada to appear in Episodes X-XII like the one commanded by the Lost Tribe of the Sith in the Fate of the Jedi book series? The Jedi will have their own armada commanded by an older Rey and Finn and the Republic fleet will be commanded by an older Poe Dameron. These would be the most perfect original enemies for a fourth trilogy or Sequel Sequel Trilogy.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    1. It's way too early to have this thread. And probably not to discuss it in this forum.

2. The enemy needs to have some philosophical/political/moral challenge to it.

3. The old canon is dead.

3. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Not to be rude but this sounds boring as hell.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    We don't even know if there will ever be episodes X-XII. Maybe, but maybe not. And since the third trilogy hasn't even started yet and will only be completed in five years, it's way too early to talk about political factions in a fourth trilogy.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

5. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    The trilogies seem to be spread apart by at the very least ten years. We won't be seeing a fourth trilogy for a long time, if we even will get a fourth. Sorry, buddy. Patience you must have.

[​IMG]

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Dude

you are obsessed with Episodes X-XII

7. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    He seems to be obsessed moreso with the geopolitical and military state of former Imperials. How many Star Destroyers does the First Order have, how many Imperial factions could there be, planetary confederations, armadas, etc.

To be honest, I don't think the films will touch on this at all. We'll be presented with an enemy, and then the heroes will fight it. I think at most, we'll learn that there's a New Republic, then Leia's Resistance offshoot, then the First Order.

Maybe the Empire proper is still around, but when the article from last week said that the First Order was a military junta that took over the old remnants, JJ didn't object.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I tend to agree. SW isn't that great with actual details it tends to be very broad and basic in this sort of thing. However, wondering isn't bad, perhaps he enjoys military strategy and realism.

9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I am obsessed with Episodes X-XII yes! Ever since they were rumored on Marketsaw just after Disney bought Lucasfilm and announced the ST back in 2012. I just hope they will be made and released sometime not long after Episode IX like 2021!

But there's nothing wrong though wondering how many ships the First Order will have or if there are other factions of the Empire out there in the GFFA. I just hope we some spectacular space battles with the First Order vs. the Resistance in not just TFA but Episodes VIII and IX as well. Especially Episode IX should have a climatic massive armageddon like space battle with thousands of ships on both sides. I just want the new SW films to be like if not better than the OT in terms of space dogfights and seeing new worlds and new sectors of the galaxy. I want SW to be interesting again! Even as interesting as the EU novels and show new characters,aliens,ships and regions of he galaxy we have read so much about in the EU like the Unknown Regions,the Chiss,the Corporate Sector,Eclipse-Class Star Destroyers,Inderdictor Cruisers,Skipray Blastboats,Dreadnaughts,Aleph-class TIE fighters,TIE/D Defenders,TIE Hunters,Z-95 Headhunters,Carrack class cruisers,some of the Mandalorian ships like the Bes'uliik and the Mandalorians period. I was to hoping to see a bunch of Mandalorians in their colored armor kick ass in the Prequels but hope to see it later in the ST. If not then the SST. By the way The Prequels failed to have the spectacular dogfights of the OT.

P.S. Would it hurt to have the ZeroG Spacetroopers from Heir to the Empire in a space battle if not in TFA then Episodes VIII or IX? WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE THAT!! AM I RIGHT PEOPLE!

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Do you prefer the more personal engagement style, MF? I did. PT battles are too busy, cluttered, and broad for me to connect with. Too much stimuli.

TK327 and danmcken like this.
  11. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The PT space battles were too short for me. I wanted them to be longer like the Battle of Endor in ROTJ even though we cut back and forth to other scenes from it.

danmcken and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    The intersection worked for me too. It showed scale but likewise varied styles and locations.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Why do you hate all of the other threads in our forum? A lot of fine people put a lot of thought and creativity into creating lovely discussions and you have to create new threads every other day...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    These questions really are more at home with the FleetJunkies and Jello and AdmirnalNick over in lit, which is by no means a criticism. I love the detail, too.

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I don't hate the other threads in this forum! Where the hell is this coming from?? And I love my threads that I create. I just want to talk about what interests me about SW,TFA and the rest of the ST and possibly the SST and the anthology films and of course the EU. Is that a crime??!!

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    So the ST hasn't even begun, and you're starting a "Who's The Baddie (in EPX to XII)" thread??

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

The number of votes cast in the poll would indicate that more than a few feel the same way.

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    1. Let's get through VII before we start speculating on X-XII, mmmmmmkay?
    2. Your topic as written would be better discussed in Lit. Maybe. Because all your options are from Legends.

Ghost and The Hellhammer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.