main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Future Rebels seasons extending inbetween the OT?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jonipoon, Jan 20, 2016.

?

Should future Rebels seasons extend inbetween the OT?

1. Yes, please!

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. No, they should make new animated TV series for these periods instead

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, they should make Anthology films for these periods instead

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. No, they should leave this periods alone

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Do you think there's a possibility of future Rebels seasons taking place between ANH and ESB aswell as between ESB and ROTJ?

Afterall, the Rebellion as we know it continued fighting for all those years, also in-between the films. There's nothing that says there isnt a possibility.

In these seasons we would be able to see more of Leia, Luke, Han, Chewie and Lando.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Dave and Pablo have hinted it's possible to go past ANH.

3. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Well, that's great news. Do you have a link to that?

4. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I hope this happens. It probably depends on how long Disney wants to keep the series running. One big difficulty to explain though would be Yoda's "last of the Jedi" quote if the series continued on to the time of Return of the Jedi. Surely Luke would have become aware of Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka if they were still active with the Rebels, and if Luke somehow wasn't aware, Yoda's certainly was. Filoni and staff could probably figure a way around this though if they wanted to.

episodenone likes this.
  5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    As long as Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra are all dead by Yoda's "Last of the Jedi" quote, I'd be fine with it. If they need to pull a "from a certain point of a view" to explain how they could still be alive, that's just poor storytelling. Also, I would wonder where Hera was when they destroying the first death star, it seems like something she would participate in.

6. smittyjaja

smittyjaja Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016

They could be alive I assume, I've only watched the first five episodes of Season 1 so I'm not sure if Ben or Yoda have met Ezra or Kanan yet, but maybe they just don't know they're alive?

7. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Well with Ezra's
    upcoming training with Darth Maul (does Maul really still need tags?)
    and Ahsoka potentially biting it this season, Kanan would most likely have to die. Although I want him to join that Jedi Guard dojo clan he sees in the trailer.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Aftermath novel is pretty clear, Luke is the last of the Jedi and the Imperials are certain no other prominent Jedi exist.

Going to the dark side is the only get out clause.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Ahsoka and Kanan(and now Ezra) are Jedi trained but not "official" Jedi Knights, they been using that as a loophole around Luke's movie storyline. Independents or unofficially affiliated fall into a gray area for them to work with.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Nah, I'd prefer Rebels to stay in the period between ROTS and ANH. Makes for tighter story telling, and one of the great things about the show is seeing the Rebellion form between III and IV. They still have 4 galactic standard years to explore before ANH. Save other periods for a different show/film/book/comic. We already had a few novels set between ANH and ESB, and I'd prefer that period of time be filled in with books and comics.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Rebels will have a very tragic ending, tbh.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They're 3 years before ANH now. They been apparently dodging and escaping the Empire(including Vader ) for around 2 years already inuniverse.

13. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Any chance you can provide the quoted page for that?

also -- given what I've seen in the trailer -- hard to imagine how to reconcile at least one particular scene -- though not impossible

14. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    What I mean is that the Rebels cartoon could continue even if characters such as Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka die - because we'd have Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie back.

15. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    Last night's ep basically turned this into Star Wars: The Series now that one of the Big 3 has been on a TV show for the 1st time. I am confident Luke and Han will join the fray little by little, and in a few seasons, the current Rebels cast will be phased out and replaced by the big 3 and other OT characters, and the entire Rebellion era will be filled out, with maybe some EU material coming back. Fans couldn't get enough interquel EU, and now it will make its way to the small screen.

It kinda cheapens the OT, but this was inevitable. I wouldn't doubt that Star Wars: The Series was proposed in the 80s, but shot down by Lucas because it would have cheapened Star Wars.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The way I see it is that this series needs to stay on as long as possible to keep star was "relevant" between films. Therefore I'm sure Disney execs will use any excuse to keep it going into seasons 8 and 9 while we're waiting for Star Wars: Episode XI and Rogue Three

17. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'll cry if this show goes too soon.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Page 161:

"No Sith remain," Tashu says. "And the lone Jedi that exists--the son of Anakin Skywalker--possesses an untouchable soul. At least for now."

Tashu is one of the Emperor's dark-side wielding minor henchmen. Like those robed guys in tall hats in ROTJ - only he wasn't on the DS2 when it blew up.

Trebor Sabreon and episodenone like this.
  19. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I was thinking that the show would end almost right before the Battle of Endor. Ezra has fallen to the dark side and Kanan confronts him. Yes it is very similar to the Obi-Wan/Anakin dynamic, but they could make it work. End the show with Kanan's death and Ezra going into hiding.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Tashu could not use the Force himself, so he was not a Force user let alone a dark side user. How much of an authority he was is up in the air since he most certainly not a Sith - he's like an evil version of Lor San Tekka or something.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

Poe loves Rey likes this.
  22. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Honestly I think it would be heart breaking if Kanan had to put down a turned Ezra, which may cause him to abandon his Jedi ways forever.

23. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I want it to stay within ROTS and ANH, with a tragic end for the main cast and have Luke involved in the final scene of the series.

24. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't think EVERYONE in the crew needs to die, though.

25. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Just the Jedi need to die :(