main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Future Star Wars animated projects to be produced by Disney TV division not Lucasfilm.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Clone_Wars_Team_Reportedly_Being_Disbanded_150781.asp
    This is horrible news. The one glimmer of hope out of all of this for me was that we might be getting a new LFL produced series possibly with Filoni at the helm again. This sounds like the next series will just be typical TV garbage. Really dissapointing news.

SithLord_1270 and Kev Snowmane like this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder what George Lucas is thinking now that Disney are now destroying what he built up... I hope he is regretting this sale.

3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  4. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    this isnt the news we were looking for :(

Darth kRud and Original Oatmeal like this.
  5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That doesn't sound good at all; think of those from the team who will end up without a job after this .

Also, the bit about "It's also been suggested to me that, while last week's statement on StarWars.com teased future "bonus content", there's no guarantee that fans will ever see that content" doesn't sound so good either, but it does comes off as fearful speculation.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm not surprised. The best we could have hoped for was a special tv division like Marvel got, but even that was a stretch with only two shows. Unfortunately, while it's terrible for the people involved, I can see Disney's point of view on this one. If Lucasfilm had multiple era shows or something, maybe a separate division would be justified, as it is though, I don't see it.

Obligatory:

"This deal's getting worse all the time!"

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Looks like I'll need to find a new favorite franchise soon. **** it, Disney.

earlchinna and CaptainRex115 like this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Wait, no Filoni?
    [face_dancing] [face_coffee] [face_cowboy]

Yeah, but seriously, also this.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I predict we never get the "bonus material" or Season 5 on video. Face it, guys, the entire era of Star Wars from 1997-2012 (and early 2013) is competely, utterly, definitively, and irrecoverably OVER. ;)

11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It seems Disney has altered the deal. Let's pray they don't alter it any further.

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Star Wars shows by Disney TV Animation is a bad thing? I thought they did a marvelous job with Tron Uprising and I adore Gravity Falls. On top of that I know Kim Possible and and Phineas and Firb have their fans too. They're also currently producing Wonder Over Yonder with Craig McCracken, the creator of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, shows from when Cartoon Network was actually good. They can produce solid, well made material and I suggest people wait and see what they produce for the Star Wars brand before throwing stones at Disney for tearing down the house that Lucas built.

Sure it sucks that people are going to be out of a job from this move, but Lucasfilm animation is an extraneous entity for Disney. They already have plenty of animation teams because that's kind of Disney's thing, it's what they built their empire on. They aren't going to spend $40 billion on a company and continue to funnel cash to assets they own plenty of already.

Darth kRud, Hank Hill and eht13 like this.
  13. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Im Seriously considering not buying seadon 5 now anyway.
    I loved them but why should I put money in Disneys pocket for something unfinished

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Any profits from a Season 5 set should go to Warners since they own the distribution/airing rights for that season, not Disney.

eht13 and V-2 like this.
  15. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    http://www.disneyabctv.com/division/index_tvanima.shtml Compare these to the Clone Wars isn't not even in the same universe. They must not have done too good a job with Tron cancelled after 1 season.

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow. This is horrible. Knowing that the TCW team is being disbanded is bad enough, but knowing the already finished content may never be seen? That's just terrible.

Hank Hill and DavidIX like this.
  17. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh dear.

"Disney Television Animation (DTVA), an animation studio established in December 1984, is an industry leader in the creation of animated television product for preschoolers, kids, and tweens."

We're doomed.

18. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm pretty sure people loved Tron Uprising and its cancellation was blamed upon bad scheduling by Disney XD, but if we're taking cancellation to mean the overall quality of a production then that must mean the last couple of seasons of The Clone Wars sucked. :)

V-2 likes this.
  19. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Look on the bright side it will be in an era previously unexplored! Haha :_|

20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm beginning to think the only slightly good thing from this Disney deal is that we're getting new Star Wars movies, but those may turn out to be crap, so that may in fact be a bad thing.

I wonder if George is angry at Disney yet after all these cancellations.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The new beginning of the end. I'm so happy.[face_dancing]

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Source? Oh yeah......
    How is that any different than TCW and Detours? Seriously.

GGrievous likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait a damn minute...did I read this correctly?

No more Filoni running animated Star Wars?

HOT ****ING DAMN.

If I were any happier I'd **** rainbows.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yep, what Lando said.
    So much for thinking Lucasfilm was mostly remaining in tact and allowed to its thing. I guess that Walt Disney Company logo will definitely be at the start of the movie now.
    I haven't had cable or watched broadcast TV in many years and don't keep up with exactly how popular stuff is but I was under the impression Cartoon Network had a good thing going with Clone Wars, that it was really popular. I guess this impression was mostly from the reactions at Celebration V, which was over two whole TV seasons ago. Still, it seems like the perfect source for Disney to mine for merchandising and theme park content. Additionally, I really liked Filoni and his ideas. Oh well it's time to completely accept this is a completely new era for STAR WARS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.