main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Future Star Wars animated projects to be produced by Disney TV division not Lucasfilm.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I realize that, but you still did not get the point. I was not referring to a show, comic, nor novel. In fact, they are all apart of the thing that I am referring to.

kubricklynch likes this.
  2. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    not sure what good it will do but ive just emailed disney expressing my disgust with there decission to cancel the show and the lack of official information of whats left and how we will get it.
    theres **** loads of star wars fans so lets give disney some feedback so we might get some answers

3. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Just got this reply back

Thank you for contacting Disney Guest Services! We have successfully received your query and will respond to you within 48 hours, so that we can add a little Magic to your day.

By being our Guest, we have created you a unique reference number of: 130324-000125

Please make a note of this number and if you have any further updates reply to this email or put the number in the subject of future email correspondence.

Magically yours,

Disney Guest Services Team
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

my email to them

hi im emailing you as im very upset about the cancelation of the clone wars tv show.

there is many character arcs that havnt been completed and fans need answers to these and feel that the show has been cancelled way before it was finished.

there is also no official news of how we will get to see finished so called bonus content.

the fans of star wars are very loyal and passionate about there shows and movies and this has caused a bad feeling towards disney at this time and the news of star wars episode 7 has been welcome but why end something so good without finishing it.

there are too many loose ends.

the fans deserve better, dean backhouse, star wars fan since 1977

4. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    The one good thing I recently learned is that Dave Filoni worked on Avatar: The Last Airbender. If we do get a 2D series rather than 3D, I hope it's of the same caliber as Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra. The animation on Korra is particularly fluid and actually looks really nice. It's not at the level of TCW, but it's the slickest 2D animation I've seen on TV. Any chance we could get animation that looks as nice as a Mamoru Hosoda or Hayao Miyazaki Movie (not their styles, just the quality)?

I still eventually want to see another Clone Wars style animated series, but as said, I think that would only be possible on Network TV. So post-Sequel Trilogy, let's get the team from TCW back together for some Dark Times series in the same style. Hour long show on ABC paired up with SHIELD.

Seerow, Circular_Logic and QuangoFett like this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Its not happening guys, sorry, this is fan wishful thinking. Star wars is sunk. you can keep episode7

6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is deliciously ironic seeing how you were first to want anything not TCW to be bulldozed

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

Listen tough guy, the clone wars series was doing something special and it was getting to its cresendo. To have that just cancelled really ticked me off. Their was no reason to cancel it and if you want to keep interest for the new movie going, bringing quality star wars to television is one way of doing it. I personally wasn't to fond of the animation style that they chose for the series, compared to Genndy's clone wars (which won awards), Duck Dodgers, Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes and stuff like that which I really liked, but the story was finally starting to hit it stride. Now I know that many of you including those two people that pressed like on your comment may think differently about the series, but out the star war stuff out there, the clone wars is the only thing that really was worth looking at. Sorry, but Dark Horse comics haven't been cutting it for me with the exception of the new star wars on-going. Everything else has been passable. The video games have been dismal. Star Wars Kinect anyone. So yeah, Im ticked

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    First of all, did you just call someone a "tough guy" over the internet? That's pretty funny.

Secondly, I actually like this show quite a bit, and I hope that these extra episodes provide a somewhat satisfying conclusion. I'd justify why I liked that comment, but I can't remember. It was four days ago. :p

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I just went and watched it on youtube and it gave me confidence that they can do just fine with Star wars animation. It kinda has a strange old clone wars feel but more crisp.

And, there seems to be a whole lot of this going on in this thread:

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I fear any Disney Star Wars animated show would have a life span of about 2 seasons or less. Then Disney will move onto something 'else' and cancel. That's kinda a crap shoot with Disney. we could end up with a bunch of cartoons potentially great ones that get canned do to low ratings or moving on. Yes we could have the better outcome of something like Avenger's Earth Mightiest where the show is replaced and continues. I'm just saying.

11. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    All of you that are saying Disney is destroying SW, the ST will suck, ect. need to CHILL OUT. It's only been 5 months since the announcement of the buyout and you're already bashing Disney for the cancellations and dumping on the ST when we don't even know anything about it? Geez! I agree that the constant news of cancellations are becoming tiresome, but Disney has their reasons. Personally I've never cared much for video games and wasn't too interested in Detours.

As for the biggest can of worms, TCW, really, how much longer could it have gone on without running into problems with LOE/ROTS? I freely admit that I was one of the TCW skeptics, especially regarding Maul's return after TPM. To date I haven't watched much of the show, but my perspective is changing. I'm going to watch TCW this summer while on school vacation and see how I like it. Also, if they get the CW timeline worked out to incorporate old and new stuff with minimal fuss, that's a good thing.

Regarding the ST, I'm taking a wait and see approach to see what they do with it and how it effects the post ROTJ EU instead of blindly following only one or the other. If the ST works around the EU with minimal continuity clashes and almost everything is kept, great. If some EU works are tossed out while others are kept, I'm keeping the non canon works AND buying the ST anyway. If the entire EU is wiped out, same thing.

My point is, quit making a mountain out of a molehill and don't judge so rashly; no one knows precisly what Disney has planned for the future.

Darth kRud likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Skywalker8921 I think your comment is a little bit presumptuous. Given that Disney are currently cancelling everything, this is the sort of reaction to be expected. Would you rather people didn't care? I recommend waiting to see what Disney has in store for us, but I'm not surprised by the reaction.

Secondly, just because you didn't like 1313 or Detours doesn't mean others didn't, and to have 3 or 4 projects cancelled is worse than 1 or 2. Personally, I didn't care for Detours, but I know others were looking forward to it, and you can't expect people to be apathetic just because you are.

The third paragraph is apathy at it's finest - you're basically saying however it goes down, you don't care, you'll keep buying new stuff. I'm undecided as to my reaction to the ST vs. EU outcome, but I know I won't be reacting the same to each potential outcome.

I agree with you, I'm waiting to see what Disney has in store. But you can't expect everyone to do so. Humans tend to focus on the "now", rather than the "two years time".

13. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    o_O Presumptous, 07jonesj? Look, I'm sorry, but I think some people are overreacting, badly. I understand that having so many projects canceled at once can gobsmack people; it does me too. But there's absolutely no need to bad mouth Disney for that or trash talking about the ST and predicting it'll be a failure, because Disney is not going to bow to the fans' whims on everything just because the fans want the EU preserved.

Secondly, who are you to call me apathetic? That's a very strong assumption to make, "friend." I'm not apathetic, I can assure you. I won't be very happy if the post ROTJ EU is wiped out by the ST, but should I let that stop me from enjoying either those books or the new movies and their tie-ins? Or worse, should I whine about it like so many other people seem to be doing? They're focusing too much on the negatives and not on the positives. Ever heard the saying, "Every dark cloud has a silver lining?"

07jonesj likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I fully understand that you feel people are overreacting, but you've got to understand that some people are more annoyed at these cancellations than others. Badmouthing Disney is a difficult thing to do IMO because we don't truly know who is making these decisions. Everything cancelled so far could well be Kennedy's decisions, and not Disney's. We really don't know.

Again, I think predicting the ST will be a failure is jumping the gun a little bit, but I don't blame people for being overly negative at this point. Am I? No. Episode VII could end up being the best SW film ever for all I know. But I'm trying to think from others' perspectives here.

I don't know why you put "friend" in quotation marks - I didn't use that word, and I have nothing against you. This is just a discussion, a debate even.

While you may not think you're apathetic, and I obviously don't know you, that is what your reactions would imply. I'm loathe to bring up another EU debate, so I'll just say that if you're happy to overlook continuity being overwritten and enjoy new material, fine. That's not a bad thing, and I have absolutely no problem with it. This is just escapism to most, after all.

Others though, have become very attached to the current story - the stories of Ben and Jaina, and of the Big Three. Having 80-ish novels overwritten by a 2-hour film, and people then complaining about that is not "whining", it's a perfectly natural reaction. As is yours. That you are seemingly so quick to jump onto a new ship is why I came to the conclusion you were apathetic. I apologise if I misjudged. People have different reactions to things, that's what makes people interesting.

The best stance is a balanced stance, but surely you can't blame some people for being negative at this point? Maybe more people will become optimistic once they find something to become optimistic about.

Esg, Circular_Logic and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I am upset TCW was cancelled and the rate at which other things get are getting cancelled does bother me. I'm expecting this is just the tip of the iceberg for changes like this as well. "A silver lining isn't always enough to make some wrongs seem right", my friend. I am interested in the ST. I'm expecting good things from it but I'm also bracing myself for Episode 7 to turn out to be a popcorn flick sort of thing like the Avengers movie.

Personally I think some blame lies with all parties involved. Its just hard to resist bashing Disney. All the changes have a correlation. I don't think that's overacting. That's how I'm looking at it with the expectations Disney has already set for me. Popcorn movies like Avergers is fine for Marvel but is that good enough for the Star Wars name? Its not all bad, there is one other franchise I like Disney helped out alot before dropping it like a rotten hot potato.

I've already got alot of pent up antipathy for Disney that extends beyond Star Wars, beyond TCW so lets face it, being a human being I rush to vent that. This goes IRL even since I live near Disney's theme parks. These guys have cancelled and torn down alot of stuff I like over the past 10 or possibly 20 years, they consistently give fans of their own stuff such as classic Donald Duck cartoons the finger (I'm an animation buff). I think my distrust is fully justified.

16. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Wow, Seerow. I had no idea you lived near Orlando. Or is it in Orlando? Just out of curiousity, what changes at WDW do you not like? I was a bit annoyed to hear from my parents when they went 2 months ago that the Snow White ride had been taken out (hopefully the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will make up for it) and that the barn on the Barnstormer ride was torn down.

And what is this franchise that you're speaking of?

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lucas shouldn't have had Filoni and co. waste time with meaningless filler arcs because they've now left the show in a mess. :(

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I didn't mind the "filler" so much - depending on what you consider such.

S1 was hardly serialized at all. It was a lot of miscellaneous stories following an assortment of characters, many like Kit, Aayla and Plo that had no development in the films. TCW from the beginning seemed like it was just going to be Lucas coming up with stories and using characters that he didn't really have time to explore in the films, and I liked that. It was a new adventure every week with some characters I was unfamiliar with who were not developed in the films.

S1 wasn't flawless by any stretch - I particularly despised the Blue Shadow Virus episodes. But S1 was fun. But starting late in S3 when JAT says the show "hit its stride" they started to just principally focus on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. Obi-Wan and Anakin I felt got plenty of development in the films. Everything we needed to know about them was contained therein. I'm not saying that they couldn't appear or even be the main characters in an episode here and there, but I would have preferred seeing Yoda-centric, Mace-centric, Aayla-centric, Quinlan-centric, Cody-centric, Rex-centric, etc. episodes. To explore what the films did not cover.

I liked the lack of serialization. Season 5 was the worst offender in serializing stories that didn't need it. Exploring a character like Kit Fisto or Plo Koon and giving a voice to a character in the films that did not receive development is one thing. ******* around for four episodes with the adventures of WAC and Gascon made me feel a bit embarrassed that this was coming from the same show that gave episodes like Rookies, Umbara, the defense of Kamino, Hostage Crisis, etc. It was following characters that didn't matter on a mission that didn't matter and explored the wonderful concept of Existentialism that didn't matter, with character development in one episode not carrying over into the next and was just awful.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    EDIT: Actually, I realised I didn't even agree with what I was typing lol.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I much prefer the "non-serialized" version. One thing I liked about seasons 1 and 2 is that there were "stand alone" episodes featuring Jedi that we didn't see in the movies, or didn't see much of in the movies. I thought the TV show medium was a good chance to see some of these stories on secondary characters, stories that the films really didn't have time for. It was also a good medium to show the stories that the movies should have made time for, but didn't, such as Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship.

Seasons 4 and 5 tried too hard to make a few mini-movies instead of stand-alone episodes. Two episode arcs are fine, even a three-episode arc thrown in for a long story, but the entire season should not consist of four or five arcs of 3-4 episodes each.

And the droid arc...I don't even want to ask. I can't even formulate a question to ask other than "What the **** were you writers smoking???"

AvadaKenobi and 07jonesj like this.
  21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I much prefer serialised storytelling, where each chapter plays a part in the whole story. That said, I would love a show featuring a bunch of original characters as the main stars, set in another era of Star Wars history.

Shows that jump around unfocused (yes, like Season 1) don't interest me as much because I feel like I'm getting a bunch of shallower stories, rather than a longer, deeper narrative.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I feel that some stories should be arcs while others shouldn't be.

TaradosGon likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think the whole show should be unfocused or that there can't be two or three parters like anakinfansince1983 said. I just think you save arcs for your BIGGEST storylines with major events and enough excitement to make me want to comeback to see more next week. The Maul arc had that IMO (in S5), Umbara had that, the fugitive arc had that (at first). Gascon and WAC did not. Onderon did not. The Mon Cala arc did not, etc.

And in between focused arcs could still be the adventures and missions of characters actually relevant to The Clone Wars - like seeing Luminara, Yularen, Cody, Barriss (would have sorely helped the final arc), Ki-Adi, Saesee, etc. get further development. Instead there were four episodes about some random kids and four episodes about quite possibly the worst characters to ever grace the Star Wars screen IMO (Gascon and WAC).

You see that kind of progressive serialization in some of the latter Star Trek series. They begin as a hodgepodge of miscellaneous adventures, but then culminate into longer arcs are you approach the finale wherein the heroes overcome a certain obstacle. I would not have been opposed to greater serialization if S5 were planned as the last season and made good use of such longer arcs to wrap up pressing plot points. Instead it was wasted to tell fewer stories per season, most of which did not need to be longer than an episode or two, and none of which had any importance in the larger Clone Wars conflict aside from arguably Onderon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.