main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Future Star Wars animated projects to be produced by Disney TV division not Lucasfilm.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    No more Failoni?
    [​IMG]

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Please, oh please, Disney...hire a new director who hates Ahsoka the way Filoni hates Obi-Wan.

Thank you.

eukaryote likes this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Damn... I really liked TCW crew. If Disney doesn't release the "bonus content", I will make sure they wish that they had never bought LucasFilm... For goodness sakes, it's already been made, and TCW crew have put all their time, effort and money into producing them, now what was the point of Disney buying Star Wars if all their gonna do is get rid of everything to do with it? I mean seriously... What's next? "Oh yeah, sorry guys, the sequel trilogy has been cancelled..." I wouldn't be surprised...

4. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Well, I don't think they'll be canceling the sequel trilogy. Disney seems to want to just cancel everything BUT the sequel trilogy. I agree though, it'd be an incredibly stupid move if Disney didn't release the already-finished episodes.

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Needless to say, I'm bitterly disappointed with Disney's reckless decision. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is what got me back into Star Wars. I was really hoping that we'd at least get a follow-up to the series, perhaps set during the Dark Times. But with the disbanding of the team, it seems unlikely at this point...

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why does a "follow up to the series" need to include the same writing team?

7. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I think what is scariest is we might be seeing the beginning of the end of Lucasfilm as a separate company. My theory is that the company will totally be dissolved before the release of EP7. All the trends are pointing to Disney erasing Star Wars history. I can only assume that means erasing Lucasfilm as well.

Once the PT and TCW eras are erased, Lucasfilm is totally disbanded, Disney will be free to make Star Wars in it's image as it sees fit.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Some people say reckless, I say shrewd. Disney wants to clamp down on their new baby, and that means trimming the fat.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK.

eht13 and Darth_Zandalor like this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Warner Brothers should buy it back off Disney, I bet they wouldn't mess everything up.

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    On top of that there's nothing to suggest the writing team has been disbanded. Writers by their nature aren't tied down to a company, they're freelance. Even Dave Filoni could still work on a new production, just as an employee of Disney TV Animation rather than Lucasfilm Animation.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah, because Warner Brothers are going to be able to buy out their biggest competitor.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, that puts a damper on things.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can't wait for Disney to start making new animated shows so we can all bitch about the stupid stuff they do and place the blame on Filoni's Disney counterpart. [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I never said that a sequel series needs the same team as before, just that with the disbanding of it, the prospect of a sequel to TCW is now unlikely.

Edit: Also, the writing team was never mentioned; it's the animation team that's getting affected.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I disagree. If Disney thinks that the idea will be profitable, they'll make their own sequel series, with their own writing team (on that last part at least I hope).

17. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    What I find awesome is how the Lucas, Filoni, TCW and PT haters love the idea of erasing every possible trace of Star Wars all together because, you know, this stuff is so much better:

[​IMG]

I didn't know it was humanly possible to live with that much spite

A'den Skirata and CaptainRex115 like this.
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Disbanding the team of computer animators behind the project doesn't say a thing about what the new show is going to be or who is taking the creative reigns for the project. The people who aren't working on the franchise any more, the people who were full time employees of Lucasfilm Animation, are the people who work on the technical side of things, the people who put it to screen.

The writing staff for TCW are about as tied down to Lucasfilm Animation as the voice cast.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think you just proved your own point.

20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I was thinking more like this personally.

Darth kRud likes this.
  21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, I know that.

22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Has it been confirmed Filoni will not be leading the next series? I found this on his blog:
    "I used to work for Disney. I’m not sure how many of you knew that. I was in the Television Animation Division, and I worked on projects like Teamo Supremo, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch: The Series, Dave the Barbarian, and Fillmore. It was an amazing time for me as an animation artist. Walking around the studio lot and seeing the influence that Walt Disney himself had on every aspect of his studio. When I started at Lucasfilm I saw that same attention to detail everywhere around me, and it all came directly from George."
    link : http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/11/07/star-wars-will-be-forever/

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He animated. Which he seems to be good at. He didn't direct. There's the difference.

24. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    You mean cancelled after 19 episodes? That's way better than the 100+ episodes that TCW gave us.

Even in a bizarre world where that would even be in the same league of TCW, just the idea that Disney it's self had no faith in the show should worry you. TCW had PROVEN success and proven viewers (2 to 3 million on the season finale). If with that Disney did not want to keep it. Disney goes through shows like toilet paper, whether they are good or not.

Again, TCW haters should still be worried. If Disney will do this to a popular show, just think what they can and will do to everything else...

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Again, as I stated on the previous page, Tron was cancelled thanks to what many blame on bad scheduling. We are judging the quality of the work here, not the quantity. And if you are getting the two things mixed up then by your own logic the last season of The Clone Wars was pants.

Also the past two seasons got an average viewership of 1.6 million, which isn't that popular for Disney networks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.