main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fuzzled February

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I know it's not February yet but because our activity then will take some planning on everyons part I thought it best to post the topic now.

Our activity this month will be hosted by Saberwielder.

We will be making custom action figures. If you would like to participate in this event, please post which action figure you wish to make and he'll get the links for it or let you know of the items that you will need to bring.

It will be held on Saturday February 12 and we are looking to start around 5-6 or so. I'll get more information as it comes my way.

I'm excited about this activity and I hope all of you are as well.

Hope to see you there.

2. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Jaina Solo

3. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    oh this is going to be so much fun!!! *jumps up and down*
    Can I make a Mara??

4. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    Mara, who Mara? :confused:

5. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Jedi_Angell: What kind of Jaina are you thinking of doing? Jedi? Pilot? Civvie? Typically I have seen a Padme head used, but people have also used Leia. If it's a pilot, usually the most recent Luke Skywalker pilot body works. If it's Jedi Jaina you're after, an Adi Gallia Ep. I body will work. Not so sure on a civilian attired Jaina though.

Ondiv: How did I know you would ask that? ;) Yes, you can make a Mara Jade figure. What version do you want to do? Jedi robes, catsuit, something different? There already is a Mara Jade figure in the catsuit. I have it, it's one of my favorites.

What you'll need to get started are: 1-2 action figures you won't mind hurting. Paint, paint brushes, glue, and a hobby knife. I do have some spare parts from other figs, so I may be able to help in that area. I'm also going to be checking out some good sealants. I can provide some links to custom websites if anyone is interested.

If you are planning on coming, PM me for the address. Also, it's kind of tricky to find the place, so I'll be getting directions to those of you who want them.

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Is there an Isanne Ysard figure out? I can't remember if there is.

7. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    No there isn't. But I have seen several customized Isard figs.

My 1100th post!

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Sweet.

what about Baron Fel?

9. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Again, negative. No Baron Fel figure exists. Not an official one anyway. But that one should be pretty easy. Just get a Tie Fighter pilot, and a head with a goatee. Instant Fel.

There's not too many EU figures that have been released. The only ones that I can think of are:

Mara Jade
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Kyle Katarn
    Clone Emperor
    Imperial Sentinel
    Dark Luke
    Jedi Leia
    Spacetrooper or Dark Trooper.(I can't actually remember if there was a figure for each, though.)
    Assaj Ventress
    Durge

There were also some concept vehicles that were released. I think that they all came with a figure. But I don't know if those would be considered EU or not.

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Nice.

I forgot to add, if you don't have a figure at this time, don't feel that you shouldn't attend. Come and see how it's done.

Oh yeah, it's also going to be a potluck so bring something to share.

11. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Actually, no figure, no attend! Muahaha![face_laugh]

Just kidding. A figure isn't required. :D

Here are some links to SW custom sites. FFURG has some great tips, and The Custom Alliance has quite an extensive gallery of custom figures

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/

http://www.ffurg.com/

Also, I don't know what kind of figures that people have. But if you're like me, you won't want to use an existing figure from your collection. It may be a bit difficult to find a figure(s), or at least a fig you that you won't mind putting the hurt on, so to speak. I thought that I would try to help out in that area. A good place to find figures is the Redwood Swap Meet. I know that there is a vendor there who sells quite a bit of SW swag. If anyone is interested in going and looking for custom fodder, maybe we can meet up and see what is there.

12. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm thinking Jedi Jaina, since I have a body and head for one. But if I had a pilot body, I'd be all over it.

13. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Then by all means, customize your own Jedi Jaina.

14. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I think I will pass on making a figure until I learn how and who to make. But I will surely show my face.

15. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    " A good place to find figures is the Redwood Swap Meet. I know that there is a vendor there who sells quite a bit of SW swag. If anyone is interested in going and looking for custom fodder, maybe we can meet up and see what is there. "

Yeah, I don't really have a lot of figures so I might just have to do this. When is the next swap meet?
    For my figure of Mara, I've chaged my mind slightly. Can I do a figure of me in the cat suit? If that isn't possible then how about one of Mara in her wedding dress?

thnx!

16. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    The swap meet is held every Saturday and Sunday at the Redwood Drive-In.

You can do any figure you want, really. If you want to do one of yourself in the cat suit, by all means, do that. I know the perfect figure head that would work, too. It would just need a little paint.

17. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Which head is that?

18. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Ewok Village Leia.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    There's also a Swap meet that's just off of Redwood. I'm not sure what the name of it is, but it's just off of 3500 S and Redwood, towards the west.

20. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    I'd actually avoid that one.

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've never been to a swap meet, so I don't know which ones to attend and which ones not to. :p

22. The-Rookie

May 2, 2003
    I agree to avoid the indoor one on 3500 and redwood. It is not a very desirable one to attend. If you are into ethnic stuff, then its good. For SW figures, no.

23. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    So you've been there too, huh?

It's alot like the failed "International Market" that was by the Wal-Mart on Redwood and 5300 S. They had nothing there but really gaudy ethnic stuff. And hoodrat clothes.

24. The-Rookie

May 2, 2003
    I have been there. The choice of things to buy is very interesting. Think the swap meet in Vegas, just a smaller version.

25. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Interesting is a nice way to put it.

Can I get a count of how many people are planning on coming to the activity on the 12th? And if you are planning on coming, please PM me so I can get you the address and directions if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.