main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fuzzy - Poetry Challenge Response - Solo Family

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Fuzzy
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Anakin Solo, Han, Leia
    Notes: Written for the Poetry Challenge. I got a very odd little poem and at first I was stumped. Then this little plot bunny bit and I was helpless to deny it.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
    Anonymous

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
    So Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?

Fuzzy

Fuzzy Wuzzy came to live with them when Anakin Solo was three years old. Han, prompted by parental guilt, had picked up the stuffed Wookiee on yet another of Leia?s official trips. Sometimes it seemed to Han that they weren?t the ones raising their children and when he saw the toy he was reminded sharply of the children they had left behind and the Wookiee who guarded them.

So Fuzzy Wuzzy had been packed into a bag and traveled across the galaxy. Of course, he didn?t have a name yet, that honor would go to the little boy to whom he would soon belong. The nameless little Wookiee, his furry face split by a wide grin, merely stared at the contents of the bag, perhaps wondering what would become of him.

When they arrived home, Han took the toy out of his bag and handed it to his youngest son. Anakin took it solemnly, his big blue eyes wide with wonder. Though usually his tastes ran to mechanical toys that he could take apart, he seemed intrigued by the miniature version of his friend Chewbacca.

?Fuzzy Wuzzy,? he declared, and that became the toy?s name. Hugging his new friend close, Anakin disappeared happily into his room.

Later, when Han stood in the doorway, he had to suppress the laughter that threatened as he watched his son.

?You?ll like it here, Fuzzy,? Anakin told the Wookiee importantly. ?The food is mostly good, and you?ll get to meet Chewie.?

Fuzzy merely stared up at Anakin, still grinning, but whatever the child saw in the toy?s face prompted him to hug it close. No matter how hard Anakin squeezed, the toy did not utter a protest.

That night, as Leia tucked Anakin into his bed, he had Fuzzy snuggled up beneath his chin. ?Cover Fuzzy, too,? he told his mother. ?He might get cold.?

?With all that fur?? she asked, moving aside his dark hair. His eyes were droopy, his fatigue obvious. How many bedtimes had she missed, she mused. How many more?

?He?s little,? Anakin explained.

?Okay, sweetheart,? Leia whispered. Then she picked up the toy and held it in front of her.

"Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
    So Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?"

"What's that?" Anakin asked.

"A poem my father used to say to me when I was a little girl," Leia replied.

Anakin tilted his head and considered it. "I like it," he decided.

"Good," Leia murmured and she tucked Fuzzy back under Anakin's chin. She kissed him on his soft cheek.

?Kiss Fuzzy Wuzzy, too,? Anakin said. And she did.

Turning at the door, she looked at her son, so small and vulnerable as he lay in his bed.

?Good night, Anakin,? she murmured. ?Good night, Fuzzy.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Anakin was six, Fuzzy Wuzzy disappeared. The Solo household was in an uproar while Anakin searched desperately for the toy. Soon his siblings joined in the hunt, and it wasn?t long before the skills of the full-sized Wookiee Chewbacca were called upon. Even Han joined in on the act.

As he had done so many times before, it was Chewie who saved the day. Or rather, he saved the missing Wookiee.

/Here?s Fuzzy!/ he roared with satisfaction. Anakin ran up to Chewie and threw his arms around the massive legs, burying his face in Chewie?s coarse fur.

?Thank you, Chewie,? he said fervently as he reached up for the toy.

/Wookiees are sneaky,/ Chewie reminded him. /They hide where little boys play with them./

?Fuzzy was mad at me,? Anakin said as he hugged the toy to his chest.

/Why would Fuzzy be mad at you?/

Anakin?s lips turned down and he frowned at the toy. ?I forgot to tuck him in last night,? he explained.

/Wookiees are to

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I absolutely loved it.

Always listened to those little bunnies since it creates such wonders as this VaderLVR. Marvelous. Simply marvelous.

I loved how you did the Toy Story spin, with the bear being alive inside though he's just a toy to people, except of course to the child it belongs to.

My son has a bear, Fiffy. He made him at some holiday event. This bear goes with us everywhere, in the car, on a train, on a plane. Never in a suitcase, he always rides along, sometimes getting his own seatbelt. And like in your story here, our little bear gets tucked in and kissed goodnight too.

It makes me sad to think one day my son will outgrow Fiffy. But if we keep him in good shape, maybe we can donate him to a child who'll love him as much, if not more than my son does.

Fuzzy stood sentinel while Anakin slept, and when he had dreams of things he could not yet quite understand. The mind of a child is a vast and wondrous playground, providing both joy and terrors, neither of which is fully comprehendible when one is young and inexperienced. Sometimes Fuzzy wished desperately that Anakin would pluck him off the shelf and cuddle him again so that he could comfort the growing boy.

Poor Fuzzy. He did get his wish, though it was for such a short time.

?Fuzzy,? the man said in a voice that cracked. ?What are you doing in there??

Fuzzy would have answered if he could. He remained mute, but wondered where Anakin was. He felt something warm and wet drip on his fur. The man was crying! Then Fuzzy Wuzzy was clutched to the man?s chest.

He smelled like Anakin, Fuzzy thought, and for a moment the little toy was content. ?Oh gods,? the man cried and Fuzzy felt him tremble. ?I miss my boy.?

More tears fell on Fuzzy and he wondered once more where Anakin was. The man slid down to his knees and held Fuzzy close. ?Anakin?? the man cried out and then he was quiet.

Fuzzy, nestled in the man?s arms, somehow knew he would not see Anakin again.

Suddenly Fuzzy wished that he had tears too.

:_| You don't have to cry Fuzzy. It seems that I'm going to do it for you. :_|

3. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    :_| Poor Fuzzy and Anakin and Han!!!!! :_|

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Such a sad story, and unique, too! :_| :_|

Did you ever read "The Velveteen Rabbit"? That was one of my favorite stories when I was a little kid, and it made me cry everytime I read it. I think I kept going back, hoping for a different ending, somehow. Anyway, this story reminded me of that one, and now I want to reread "Rabbit", and cry again! :_|

5. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Poor Fuzzy Wuzzy and poor Han. :_| I was litteraly on the verge of crying at the end.

I have a rabbit and I still can't seem to really part with it. It'll probably outlive me too... :)

6. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh wow. So beautifully done, and so sad.

I have a stuffed bear that's been with me... oh... for most of my life I'd say (yes, I admit it; sometimes, stuffed animals are the one constant in life you can count on), and this really touched me.

I loved how in the begining, Han buys Fuzzy because he's feeling guilty, and then again at the end his guilt over Anakin causes him to seek comfort from the stuffed wookiee, in a way.

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So it wasn't just my sleep-fogged mind. You were serious about the fuzzy wuzzy thing. LOL

Okay, moving on to the vig now - :_| :_| That was so beautiful and bittersweet! Just perfect, showing the story from the stuffed Wookie's point of view. Bravo once again!! =D= =D=

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    You're right -- that was an odd poem to have to work with. But you did a phenomenal job with it!

This is like The Velveteen Rabbit, with shades of Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story 2. A unique point of view.

He smelled like Anakin, Fuzzy thought, and for a moment the little toy was content. ?Oh gods,? the man cried and Fuzzy felt him tremble. ?I miss my boy.?

So poignant. Anakin's death must have crushed Han. And to have the toy remind them of Chewie, too. Such loss symbolized in such innocent objects.

Lovely story.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was like the Velveteen Rabbit and the House On Pooh Corner combined. yet it was so much more, especially the ending.

(rhetorical question): Do you have any idea how breathtakingly lovely that was? You're a stone genius, K. =D= [face_dancing] [:D]

10. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    :_| :_| :_|

not much to say, just crying... a beautiful family story.

cheers,

VeryBusy

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *sniff*

You do such wonderful things for these challenges - I'm just trying not to cry, it was so sad! :_|

As someone who understands completely about having a teddy bear (I still sleep with mine when my husband's not around) I think this hit me a lot harder than some... I can just see my dad or mom in this if something happened to me... :_|

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I thought this was going to be a sweet, sentimental, mushy story, which is was till the end.

:_| :_| :_| :_|

At least Fuzzy Wuzzy was able to comfort Han as well.

Beautiful job on the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    That was beautiful! Great response!

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  15. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    :_|What a lovely story, so brilliantly written.

16. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Wow. a lot more indepth than I expected.

The two best lines...

Wishing he could say the words, too, Fuzzy merely looked on. [face_worried]

Suddenly Fuzzy wished that he had tears too. :_| :_|

Very sweet. [face_love]

17. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    :_| Beautiful story, well done! How appropriate that Fuzzy was there at the end to comfort Han with Anakin's loss. The fact that he's a Wookiee also emphasizes Chewie's loss as well. So sad...

18. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    holy cow that might be the saddest thing I've ever read. I got halfway through and knew that it was going to end with me trying not to cry on my cat (he hates wet fur).

I really, really liked this. It was a stroke of genius. So utterly unique and unlike ANYTHING that I've read in fanfic. It reminded me of Toy Story almost and that movie always makes me sad when I think of the abandoned toys.

If i started quoting my favorite bits, we'd be here all night/morning/afternoon/dawn/dusk. All of it was just so good, so heart-wrenching. To sum it up in one word: bittersweet.

19. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    OK, I started reading this a month ago, but when it started reminding me of The Velveteen Rabbit, I knew I'd have to work my courage up in order to finish it.

?Oh gods,? the man cried and Fuzzy felt him tremble. ?I miss my boy.?

I was right. I am a complete mess now. :_|Oh, it's so sad, but so good too.:_|

20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    :_|

Well done on pulling the story out of the poem.

Good story. :) (and: :_| )

21. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    :_| Oh Force! I have to admit that I didn't like Anakin much, but that's just because I never got to read the JJk, by the time I found it my parents said it was under my reading level. But now I can't help but love him, you wrote the toy's perspective perfectly, Fuzzy Wuzzy became a person today...:_|

TWIN_SABER

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lola64 It's so hard to think of losing a child. I often wonder how I'll handle it. And I know seeing a beloved possession will only make it that much harder. :(

jasa I know! :_| I felt just as bad for Fuzzy as for Han and Anakin.

PonyTricks I love the Velveteen Rabbit, but it always makes me cry! :_|

Darth Muis Thank you for reading!

thesporkbewithyou I know what you mean. I've got a stuffed dog that is older than my kids. :p

Gina And you thought I was messing with you! [face_laugh]

divapilot Yeah, the poem stumped for a long while and then the muse had mercy on me.

Jade_eyes The Velveteen Rabbit is similar and that influenced me the most. That and my own children and our situation. And thank you. [face_blush]

verybusy Thank you! :D

Jade_Max I think anyone who cares deeply about anyone, especially a child, can relate.

KELIA I had originally intended to write a humor piece. I mean, look at the poem. :p But then this plot bunny demanded attention and I was helpless. ;)

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Thank you!

Golden_Jedi [:D]

morrison85 Thank you. :)

Arwen_Djo It was a lot more indepth than I expected, too.

dm1 I think Han is mourning more than one loss. :(

RogueSticks Thank you so much. Our cats hate wet fur too! ;)

Blue_Milkshake I think a lot of us have read and loved The Velveteen Rabbit! :_|

DaenaBenjen42 The poem was a challenge, that's for sure! :p

Twin_Saber Thank you SO much! [:D]

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :_| :_| :_|

Yet...

=D=

You did it again. Beautifully done. @};-

24. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    That was so sad and also very lovely. Is it silly to admit that I still love some of my old soft toys!

Poor Han. :(

25. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    :_| I miss Anakin too!! Great job, but so sad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.