main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson FWHS performance of Ep. 2 music on March 28

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, Jan 26, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am bringing Jake's cloak, he won't need to wear it. We can see if that fits him. :)

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

That way, he'll look even cheezier when we come walking out. He has a sense of humor, it won't be an issue. And Jake's cloak should fit him fine.

So, can anybody bring a Hasbro saber that the conductor can use?

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm 99.9% sure I have one on a shelf collecting dust.

4. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    I have 3... what color do you want?

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I suppose red would show up better.

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I would think a variety of colors would be better. Vader and I will be weilding red... just a thought.

7. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    i have red green and blue. we are talking about the cheap ones right? I also have a leather dracula cape thing... if you tuck the collar down its very vader, if he wants that.

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah, the cheap ones are what I mean.

9. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    well i have 3 (cheap...sniff, sniff, what can i say im a poor Jedi) hasbro, the green yoda one is smaller than the rest. ill bring them in the trunk just incase we can use any of them.
    sorry i havent made any capes as of yet, i returned my (pos) sewing machine back to wally world and havent got a replacement as of yet lol

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I've got my costume ready. Yeah! No lightsaber yet though. I'm going into work a little early so I hope to be there on time. Depends on traffic.

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Video and photos are uploaded to our photobucket site here

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The pictures look great!!! :D

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It was fun.

14. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Pics came out good! It was neat to assist with that. Thanks Jack.

15. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Having never seen the backdrop before I did want to asy it looked really good, nice job!

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    THE AFTERMATH

It turns out that kids being kids, about a third of the high school orchestra hadn't been listening when the band director Mr. Gaskins TOLD them WE would be there. Some of them couldn't figure out why the crowd was screaming and cheering at the beginning of the piece, then they would look around and see us and STOP PLAYING. Maybe they will pay better attention in class now.

Kids were upset that they had NOT attended the performance(not everybody who takes band plays in the orchestra). Students who did attend/play were telling others about our appearance.
    NON-ATTENDEES - "Yeah, yeah, guys in costume."
    ATTENDEES - "No, these were the REAL ONES!"

Mr. Gaskins would like to have more involvement for us in the May 9th performance. He has said he could add the "Darth Vader March" to the music, wanted some interaction on stage(in the auditorium), maybe having Vader "force-choke" a "slacker" in the orchestra, and was wondering about a lightsaber duel/exibition with the house lights turned down low. He is also going to write us a cover letter thanking us for our help.

The teachers who attended loved us. One asked me where we rented the suits from, then went slack-jawed when I told her we owned them and made them ourselves. Some knew I was Chewbacca, some didn't.

It was hinted that they would like us to attend a "Festival Under the Stars" that takes place on April 27th(a Friday night). (Please note, Jada:p ) I have not committed us to anything, but I will bring this up at the meeting tomorrow in greater detail and let you guys know the pros and cons.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Duly noted :p :-B

Personally I think Orchestra/Symphony performances are incredibly valuable. The one the Carolina Garrison/Rebel Legion/Tidewater Alliance did was so popular that a neighboring town hired the Winston-Salem Symphony to come and do the performance at their auditorium.

If anyone is looking for tips for the dueling scene I can put you in touch with the guys who coordinated the one for the W-S Symphony. :)

18. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Great pics guys. I would have loved to have attended, but during the week it's hard for me to get away with school going, and make the drive to Tucson. I'd like to try and make the next one.

I think a dueling scene would be awesome.

19. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Yay! FORCE CHOKE!