main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY FWIW..The History of Rock Concerts

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dolt, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    For what it's worth, I got another library speaking gig lined up in March, but it ain't fan film-related. Instead, I'm ressurecting my first library program--The History of Rock Concerts. In it, I cover everything from the first rock show in 1952--which ended in a massive riot--up to today, covering the changes in music, technology, moshing and overpriced tickets. Like the fan film programs, it includes lots of video clips, featuring acts like the Beatles, Clash, Talking Heads, U2, Madonna, Hendrix, etc. I'm giving the show a pretty heavy revamp, though, so some of those acts might go away and other acts might take their place. Billy Squier medley, anyone? :p

Of note, it has two short films that are exclusive to my program; you can't find 'em anywhere else: A 5-min documentary on The Who that was shown during intermission at the band's shows on its 2002 tour (the tour where Entwhistle died on the eve of the first show), and a nutty behind-the-scenes film that the roadies on the 2004 Fleetwood Mac tour made just for their own amusement. Sorry, Rob; no Megadeth.

Sooooo, if it sounds like something you'd wanna see, write this down on that bunny-wunny calendar you asked Santa for: The History of Rock Concerts, March 8, 7:30PM, at Half Hollow Hills Library in Dix Hills. Oh, and remember--no lighters during the requisite power ballad; it's a library for God's sake!

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    <<Sorry, Rob; no Megadeth.>>
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I need Deth!!!

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Sounds cool. I'll check it out. I hope your including Kiss. And I thought I recall that Hendrix and the Doors were some of the first in the late 60's to do cross country tours of arena rock concerts on a regular basis. --Billy

4. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    (Bump)
    Just a reminder--this wednesday at Half Hollow Hills Library, I'm presenting on The History of Rock Concerts at 7:30. It's a much more talk intensive one than the fan films, so it might not be to everyone's taste, but there should be some music to most people's liking. It's no biggie if y'all can't make it; just mentioning it for those who'd be interested.
    Clive

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Clive, I was hoping to make that but I have the WASP show at Mulcahys and I'm working hard on finishing up AeroSith's new CD and performance medley for I-CON's masquerade. Next one I'll check out. --BIlly

6. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Sorry I cant make this. I'll be stuck at work.[face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.