FX 2009

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by Sabacc, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Who's with us for FX 2009? The OS will be gathering there on Saturday the 18th, but the 20th annual FX convention will be 17-19 April.

Check out the details at our FX thread on SWGFA.com.
  2. JGordon24 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looking forward to meeting up with everyone from the TSWC, OS and the entire SWGFA!
  3. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    We had a pretty good turnout. Seven of us made it to breakfast at Denny's [that was pretty much the Tampa gathering], five of us went to dinner at Bahama Breeze afterwards [a Gainesville and Orlando mix]. I also was fortunate enough to see Kyzman/Kyle in the convention as well.

I had a great time. Came across a lot of small bargains. There was nothing big that tempted me, but I got a few bags full of random figures and bust-ups and photos. Also attended a great presentation about Star Wars Weekends and the Disney exclusives to be released this year. There I saw Gus Lopez of the Star Wars Collector's Archive, who's going to advise me of some contacts in Bangkok for my trip to Thailand later this year. Details of the panel are posted at OrlandoSystem.com / SWGFA.com. -Campbell
  4. JGordon24 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't know Gus was there. Hmm...that's too bad, I would have liked to say hello. Oh well, I'll see him in Texas in October I'm sure.
  5. JGordon24 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As for the show, I thought it was great. I had a nice time meeting up with everyone. Nice group of Rebel Scum guys there. Highlight for me was meeting Nimoy and Frakes. I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, but it was fun to talk to them.
  6. JGordon24 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The FX Show sent me a link to a survey for this show. They'd like to get feedback from anyone that attended.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.