main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [FX] The Strain

Discussion in 'Community' started by TahiriVeilaSolo69, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Anyone watching this? I am obsessed.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I highly recommend the book. Awesome vampire novel.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    the comic book series was alright to start with (due to the interesting spin on the vampire story) but quickly became utterly unreadable and was eventually abandoned by me

maybe the books or show are better, but im leery after that experience. the characters in particular stood out as drab and uninteresting despite the clear attempts to make them fascinating ("oh this guys a big strong exterminator and this guy's a cholo who loves his moms and the protagonist is a useless drunk!!")

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Series finale on Sunday! Whole bunch of stuff happened but I watched every episode. I really hate Zack. And I think the show does too making him go full baddie. Too bad Eph is a wuss about it. Anyway, Setrakian (David Bradley aka Walder Frey) final showdown with Eichorst was kind of fantastic.

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I started this show recently and I really really liked it! Looking forward to the finale, though I'm sad to see it end.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it's ending at the right time. One thing that actually kept me watching was each season had a nice progression of figuring out how to take out the Strigs and their advancing against them. The Season 4 "nuclear apocalypse happened off screen" kind of set them back.

Zack is seriously one of the most hateable characters on TV. I dunno if they wanted it to turn out that way but it did.

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    One of my favourite shows and looking forward to the series finale. I think it's ending at the right time too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Watching the series finale now! Quinlan just said "I can see the end, Fett!". Man oh man, this is going to be sweet