main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN FYI: Tales #21 (re: signing)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Question: Is 7:30 a set end time? I hadn't known we had one, but that's what showed up in the CourierPress story . . .

Anyway, I have the door prize stuff all straightened out. It goes like this:

Have a sign-up sheet there for new people who want to sign up to be part of the E'ville Jedi. The first 15 people to sign up each get one of the SW:TCG expansion packs that I'll be bringing (I have 4 each from Battle of Yavin, Empire Strikes Back, and The Phantom Menace, and 3 from Jedi Guardians).

We have people sign up for a door prize sort of raffle. There will be two different places to enter, one for those who ARE or BECOME E'ville Jedi members, and one for those who are NOT members.

The winner of the NON-MEMBER drawing gets one Empire Strikes Back SW:TCG 2-player starter set, plus one Light Side A New Hope SW:TCG starter deck and one Dark Side A New Hope SW:TCG starter deck.

The winner of the MEMBER drawing will receive the same three items from the NON-MEMBER drawing, but also receive 3 Wizards of the Coast SW:RPG sourcebooks (Ultimate Adversaries, Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, and the Hero's Guide).

I'm also bringing 27 (using all my blank CDs, so hence the strange number) little packets that have 2 CDs in each. One is a "Butler Demo" with sample stuff from my audio productions, which is a CD-ROM that needs a computer, and the other is an audio CD of the episode of my radio show, ChronoRadio, called "The Making of a Tale," which went in-depth into the making of the comic.

The posterboard thing I'm bringing has three panels. Left has three versions of part of the story pitch, plus three versions of the script for one of the pages. Right has six different versions of the process for that same page. Middle has the title, printouts of both covers for the comic, and a Dark Horse symbol that says "A Look Inside the Creative Process, Straight from the Dark Horse's Mouth."

I think that's all. I may see if someone who comes will videotape some of what goes on, and I'll definitely have my digital camera there to take pictures to put up on the web.

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds pretty good. Jim closes at 9:00, so even if we run long I'm sure it won't be a problem.

The article in the paper was pretty saaaweeettt! 2 different pages!...Good advertising for all of us!

I will try to bring my video camera.

3. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Just a warning to everyone: Since I live an hour away, if it snows like they're saying it will, I won't be there. I'll make it if at all possible, but I'm not driving to Evansville in a snow storm.

Hopefully, I'll see you all Wednesday.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, the snow issue has me making emergency plans and shifting a lot of schedules and such today and tomorrow so that I can drive up this afternoon rather than tomorrow morning.

You'd figure THIS would be when the snow would hit, right?

5. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I plan on attending tomorrow if possible. No snow yet and hopefully if we get any it won't be so bad. I only live like 14 or 15 miles from CQ but have to come across the bridge from KY so it would have to be pretty bad to stop me. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the group and the stormtrooper gear and all.

I read Nathan's story earlier this month and enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to the event and anyone who can make it (provided the weather stays nice).

It has to stay nice actually because I have to finish buying my wife's presents tomorrow. :D

6. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Guys, I'm not one to let a little snow stop me. But THIS isn't just a little snow! I see 6 inches on top of my car, and the snowplows haven't even made a pass yet!

I'm not giving up yet.. but I just wanted to warn you all that there may be one less TIE Fighter Pilot there tonight (which would put the total number at zero). :)

HOPE to see you all tonight,
    -=joe=-

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Keep the faith! I think(hope) the worst of it will be over early enough that we still have a good turn out. Then, like Joe said the road crews can do their thing...high of 34 today which means a lot of melting(esp. when the cars run on the roads too). Be safe, but...

Hope to see you all tonight!

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I am SO glad that I came up yesterday and inconvenienced by fiance's parents, rather than trying to come up very early this morning.

My sister's hauling my butt to the signing in her SUV if it looks like the Mustang would slide all the way there, so I'll see you guys there. I'm looking at trying to get there between 4:30 and 5:00 if at all possible.

9. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I apologize for the late post (just got home from my parents house, thanks to the snow) but I am not going to be able to make it tonight. My car doesn't handle too well in the snow :(

Hope it's a blast!!

10. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I too can't make it.
    I cleaned my truck off and started that way, but the stretch of road that takes one minute to travel took 5, and its a 25 minute drive normally... I did the math and turned back.

These back country roads are not in traveling condition and my windshied froze as I drove. :(

Wish I could have made it, but safety first. I'll just sit here with my new armor all alone. ;)

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I just spoke to the manager at CQ, and she will be closing the store at 6:00. The Signing event will be hopefully rescheduled based on Nathan's schedule. Who would have thought we would get a "Blizzard of '04"...much less that it would mess up our event!

Stay tuned & stay safe

12. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I made a valiant effort to be there.. but turned back. Hope we can reschedule sometime.

-=joe=-

13. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Nathan and Co.

Thanks for trying, I hope you are all safe and that we can do this some other time when the weather is less Hothish.

Jammies

14. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    After debating all day on trying to make it to Evansville I had to skip out too guys. Of all the days! Well, here's looking forward to the next event.

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Okay, so, here's the deal, as far as I know:

By the time I got out there, Lei and Jim had already made plans, looks like, to get CQ closed by 6:00. I was an idiot and hadn't left anyone my cellphone #, so basically there was no way to contact me. So, me, Lei, and Miko just kinda chilled.

Jim had 15 copies of the comic there. 4 were already bought by a lady who wanted to have them signed to pick up as Christmas presents. Two were held back for another lady who called right as I was about to leave. The other nine that are there are all signed on the table of contents page by the picture of Kyle.

As far as the giveaway stuff I had brought . . .

Since there were 15 copies of the comic there (albeit 6 spoken for already), I left the 15 TCG boosters there to be given away, one with each of those 15 copies of the comic. I did the same with 15 of the 2-CD packets that I'd made (CD-ROM and audio CD). CQ will take care of getting those out with the comic issues.

I also left an Amazon.com box there for you guys to pick up. It has 2 ESB 2-player starter TCG sets, two ANH TCG starter decks (1 light, 1 dark), along with the Hero's Guide RPG sourcebook. That way, even since we weren't able to hold the event as planned, you'll still have some stuff to use as giveaways, triva prizes, or whatever you feel like doing. I'll use the stuff not left behind for giveaways via my website or something.

As for rescheduling, that's going to be a tough thing, as I don't think I'll be back up this way until at least Spring Break, and I might not even come up for that this year, which would make it late June or maybe July before I'm in Evansville again.

If Jim runs out of his signed copies, I told him he can mail me as many as he needs signed and I'll send them all back signed for him. If anyone already has a copy and wants to have it signed and/or personalized, my suggestion would be to get it to the Evansville FanForce City Rep, then I can hook him up with my address to send one big package down to me to do the signing, along with any instructions on personalizing and all that stuff. I can also make more copies of the CD sets if need be if there's a desire to have those mailed up along with any of the signed issues being returned (if that happens).

As for the cool little posterboard thing, you could always see it if you come to ConCarolinas in Charlotte this June. :)

As for

16. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow. Thanks Nathan, and congrats. Again, sorry about the weather.

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Hey, guys, just checking in. Were you able to use the promo stuff I left behind at CQ for you?

I ask because I'm talking to the gent at WotC right now about what he's going to send me to take to ConCarolinas in Charlotte, and I was curious how you were able to use the stuff before, if at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.