main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive G.I Joe: American Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Bulldog54, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulldog54

Bulldog54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2007
    Duke sat in the control room with some of the finest soldiers that the world had to offer. Some of the faces he new all too well, having served with them before, some he had no clue who they were. But he knew, General Hawk would not have summoned them, if they weren't capable of the fight that lays ahead. Duke being a veteran of war, especially with C.O.B.R.A, he knew what to expect. He listened intently as General Hawk spoke up.

"Some of you know why you're here, some of you have no idea, but the fact of the matter is that C.O.B.R.A is back, Cobra Commander is not dead, he feigned that whole bomb incident in Kazakhstan, just so we would let our guard down. Know it seems C.O.B.R.A has reformed, and even worse, there arms trading with some terrorist regimes that just don't make the 6 o'clock news, got me?" he paused for a moment, "I'm not gonna sugar coat this people, C.O.B.R.A has to...must be stopped, the repercussions of failure here are greater than any of you realize. The Cobra threat must be neutralized before innocent lives are endangered." Hawk paused one last time. "Duke...do you have anything to add?"

Duke exhaled a moment and then began to speak,"Ok, this is how it is, you all here were asked to come to this secret meeting, none of you were ordered by a superior, or forced, but you do have a choice, you have a choice on how you wish to defend your country, this isn't just a mindless rabble of ill equipped civilians, or religious radicals with no real military infrastructure, C.O.B.R.A is well equipped and well led, this fight will not be an easy one, Cobra Commander will always try to stay one step ahead of us, and he has done so in the past. I know ask you, who among you has the courage to stand up for whats right here, to take a stand against those who would destroy our government, our country, our home. I ask you this, who has the courage to fight for freedom wherever there is trouble, will you be there??? Will you be a G.I. JOE???"

Duke stopped and noticed that all eyes in that room were on him now, and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, Duke wondered to himself,"Did any of that sink in???"

TAG: JOES!!!!!

OK people, this is it, G.I JOE is back, and C.O.B.R.A is out there plotting, what will you do??? I watched the G.I. Joe cartoon as a kid, and I loved it. So I have a little soft spot for this story. We pick up this story with Duke giving a speech on what to expect from COBRA, when your character is approved you will answer Duke in the meeting taking place in The PIT.

By the way I will control Duke, and General Hawk will be a NPC, if anyone wants to be Cobra Commander thats fine with me, the only deal is that person will be CO-GM and will know most of what will happen with the storyline.

lets go over some rules, but I'm sure most of you have seen these before

1.No killing a players character without there permission, I know both sides are specially trained soldiers, but I'm not sure how many people we'll get, so battles may not be between large groups, it may be in squads or fights with only 2-3 people involved. In which case, story will be more covert operations than grand assaults for know.
    2.No god-modding
    3.Keep profanity down, I know its the military but we go orders to follow on this website, no cussing please
    4.Have FUN!!!
    5.Ask me questions, about story, anything, you have any ideas, throw em' at me
    6.Get creative
    7.Know your character, if you pick one from the comic books, or cartoon act how they would
    8.YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!!!

PM all Character sheets to me, either choose a character from show, comic books, or create your own, all of which is good with me, lets just keep away from the cybernetic enhanced super soldier crap, JOE's and COBRA'S are humans, they do bleed!!!!!

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! ONLY ONE SNAKE EYES!!!! AND ONE STORM SHADOW!!!! THATS IT FOR THE NINJAS!!!!! NO MORE!!! END OF STORY!!! LOL

SPOTS FILLED
    1.General Hawk-NPC
    2.DUKE-Bulldog54
    3.Cobra Commander-?

Character Sheet:

CODE NAME:
    Place of bi

2. MandalorianLegecy

MandalorianLegecy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2008
    What kind of Character sheet do you want???

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Is this based on the 80s cartoon series, the 00s cartoon series or the comics?

4. Bulldog54

Bulldog54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2007
    Based mostly on the cartoon, but I'm giving you free reign to use characters from all of them

5. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Hey, have a character, it's been approved and all.

"Whoever's under that face mask is a dead man. He may be walking about now, but he's on borrowed time. One fat .50 caliber slug and he's smoked." Tabitha on Cobra Commander.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/Capture-04-23-00001.jpg]

CODE NAME: Eagle
    Place of birth: Vancouver BC, Canada
    Affiliation: Joe
    Primary Military Specialty: Counterterrorist assaulter
    Secondary Military Specialty: Pilot
    Family/Friends: Tabitha is new to the Joes so doesn't know anyone well just yet, with the exception of Conrad. While her father was posted in Saint Louis they went to the same school, even played football. Family on the other hand Tabitha has lots of. Mother's in Mossad, father's a Ranger officer currently the assistant to the assistant to the Chiefs of Staff, brother runs a ski resort, there's family in Canada, family in Israel, and a adopted son, his parents were killed in a terrorist attack and Tabitha took the orphan in as her own.
    Any COBRA Rival: None

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/snapshot20080423082041.jpg]

Profile: Tabitha began her career late despite her father being moved everywhere as part of his army service, instead of following her parent's example she worked at becoming an athlete. But even at this early stage it was clear that she was destined to join the armed forces, from acting the army brat to her fitness and workout regime geared more to what is required of a soldier than of a future sporting star. She completed a college scholarship in basketball and was intending to go pro before terrorism became the new threat facing the world. Believing that she should change careers Tabitha asked her father about the military, who suggested working for the CIA. Because of her lack of education that would interest them she was rejected, but the NSA on the other hand were trialling field operative wetworks and offered to train Tabitha. She first found out about a plot to use Tomahawk missiles to blackmail the NSA into handing over one of their operatives, finding out that the missiles were in fact hidden rather than stolen, their disappearance having been cleverly orchestrated to make them appear stolen without the risk of the terrorists actually being caught with them. She then found out the CIA had moles who planned to assassinate presidential candidates, but in exposing them the CIA's undercover operatives were found out as well. However Tabitha dropped off the radar after a successful mission to assassinate the fiance of a colleague who found out about their operations. She eventually joined the Marines, training as a gunship pilot before cross training with GSG-9 in Germany. She elbowed her way into fighting on the front lines in Afghanistan and flying missions in Air Force F15s before completing her counterterrorist training. She fought on the front lines again, this time in Iraq, before scandal forced her out. The USMC wanted her court martialed, the CIA wanted her shot, and the media were having a field day over allegations of her actions. Joe seemed like the perfect place for her, placed among the misfits and embarrassments would keep her out of sight, if she didn't lose her mind first.

Her gruff, no nonsense attitude echoes Lady Jaye, or perhaps Beachead or Sgt. Slaughter. Tabitha asserts however that there's nothing any of them could do to her that hasn't already been done, in fact it's rumored that if Falcon was sent to her rather than the Slaughterhouse there's a good chance he wouldn't have survived. This is backed up by her body, her physically very imposing frame is covered in old battle wounds, earning her another tag, Scar. The worst of them had been covered up with eagle tattoos, one on the arm and one on her back. She asserts it's part of the price you pay, while others are running out of combat zones she stays to fight. Part of the reason for this seems to be because of her son, currently in foster care, Tabitha has even stated th

6. mountain

mountain Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2008
    can i get in?
    I got a CS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.