main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Hasbro Cinematic Universe (G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Visonaries & ROM) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by slimybug, Jul 9, 2009.

1. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Calm down.

2. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I'm actually pretty calm. That just felt really good to type.

EDIT: In fact, I want to thank you. You just gave me a great idea for a new sig.

Slimy!

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that video is actually kinda poignant and really funny. Two things the movie definitely was not :p

How the hell can an internet parody (albeit one with an amazing cast) feel more accurate than a $175 million dollar movie? [face_laugh]

4. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

How the hell can an internet parody (albeit one with an amazing cast) feel more accurate than a $175 million dollar movie?

When the 175 million dollar movie is directed by Stephen Sommers.

5. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Okay, guys, THIS is where it's at. This is about 20 times better than the crappy movie, and was probably made for about $5.

Slimy!

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nah, they had to spend ta least a few hundred to get all those toys and vehicles! ;)

I wouldn't say it's 20 times better than the movie...maybe 5 times? ;)

It is funny though- I love how Cobra Commander changes costumes mid-scene every shot.

The most impressive thing, though? That they got all those Joe figures to stand up on their own!

7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Somewhere there is a hard core GI Joe collector who was forced to sell his massive collection on Ebay and is now crying while watching that video.

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I have no intention of seeing this until it's on cable but have really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews!

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Great stuff. Almost they same kind of production I had when I was a kid. However, I would mix in a Thunder Cat and Master of the Universe for good measure.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i dunno, it looks kind of fun but i'll wait for netflix. also Bruce willis

12. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Wow! This is clearly made by someone who hated the original and wanted to eradicate it's memory from existence. Not only are all the "Joes" from the original film gone, but it looks like the only ones left are *gasp* American!

Oh yeah. I mean, I'm not saying it'll be good. I'm not saying it'll be bad. But it LOOKS good. And THIS is, at long last, an actual G.I. Joe movie. My knowledge of G.I. Joe is very limited, but I knew enough to know that the first film had little to nothing to do with G.I. Joe, and this time they're very deliberately going in a different direction.

I guess the "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" guy may actually know what he's doing.

Slimy!

13. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Scarlett, Duke, and the Scorpion King are all in the desert...dead bodies all around and Scorpion King says "We're the only ones left."
    So once again, the black guys die first.

14. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    While I am not going to race out to see this, I have to say that I am surprised by how much I liked the trailer. It looks like what I imagine a GI Joe film would look like. And the upgraded cast certainly is intriguing.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Saw Jinx (awesome!) and Bruce Willis as, well, y'know... Joe.

This actually makes me cautiously optimistic for the movie!

16. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    That's not Scarlett. That's Lady Jaye. Like I said, it seems like the new writers are G.I. Joe fanboys who hated the first film, so they killed everyone who was pretty much unsalvagable from the first film. So everyone. They screwed with Duke, Breaker, and Heavy Duty so much they had to go. Scarlett and Hawk may have been salvageable, but for whatever reason, they're gone too. Totally new roster, save for Snake Eyes.

On things I never thought I'd say, this rates about a 9.95: I am totally stoked for the sequel to "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra."

I love how they actually did Cobra Commander! I mean, how cool can you get!!!

Slimy!

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I have to admit it looks a whole lot better then the first. Looks like Duke takes the dirt nap. Which is fine by me, Tatum was never portrayed as Duke to begin with. Instead it looks like a Joe movie staring the Rock, and that's ok with me. In fact that should have just recast Dwayne as Duke. He fits the part much better.

and Cobra Commander with the Faceplate. bought time. Also noticed they got rid of the Snake Eyes' mask with the mouth. Never really saw a problem with it, since it was on the original toy, but hey shows they listend to fans a lot this time around.

Still although the trailer looks good, I must warn you this film is directed by the same guy who directed STEP UP 2 and 3d, and Justin Bieber: Never say Never. Not saying he won't do a good GI JOE movie.

18. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    omg, I'd have gone to see it just because Jinx is in it, and I hope they have at least a backstory with her, Storm Shadow, and Snakeyes. I didn't hate the first movie with a passion, but I certainly wasn't impressed very much. This one looks like it has the potential a franchise would need.

19. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I think it looks like a fun popcorn action movie. And, well, BRUCE WILLIS.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Never thought I'd say this in a million years, but after that trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic about this movie too.

I'm a child of the 80's and both G.I. Joe and Transformers had me back in the day. Considering how Bayformers has been a constant dissapointment since movie #1 and, even despite Sommer's movie, G.I. Joe has sucked less, so far Joe is winning the 80's toy-tie-in 21st century movie revival contest.

21. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah, this does look better than the first film.

The bit with the Cobra flag and banners being draped over the White House was a real "OH CRAP" moment.

22. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Enjoying this trailer has left me dazed and confused...I've funneled a lot of nerd rage into hating the first movie, not sure I can switch gears without having a brain aneurysm.

*rocks back and forth mumbling*

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I could never keep all the characters straight in the cartoon so it's nice to have actual memorable actors to associate with the characters. It really helps me enjoy it. :)

24. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I watched the trailer again, and being that it's vague I'd really think a lot of the Joes that got taken out were grunts.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    And Duke. Or not!