main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Gah!" - (Qui/Obi, AU) - *Snippet 3, 29/05/06*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    :) Adorable. And the way you wrote Obi-Wan's speech wasn't annoying at all--usually reading child-speech makes me impatient, but yours was great. Also, I love how seriously Qui-Gon's taking Obi-Wan. It's quite endearing. *grins* Great job, as always.

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    [face_love]

That was so enjoyable to read. I love that Qui-Gon seems to want to remain aloof from little Obi-Wan, but is protective of him as soon as anyone tries to interfere. My favorite thing, I think, is that he promised Obi-Wan he would find his invisible friend, when the other adults tried to tell the boy it wasn't real. I loved it to pieces, as usual. :)

3. ctt

ctt Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2006
    This was a lovely chapter, tugged all the right heart-strings. I loved it - the pacing, the nice contrast in dialogue from the courtly language of master Ada to the struggling phrases of Obi-wan, Qui-gon's self ruminations, the interactions... I must say, I've always loved your stories. I first read your work in fanfiction.net and found this sight by accident just recently, which I'm totally glad I did.

4. Dreagoddess

Dreagoddess Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    <coos> That was absolutely precious. Obi-Wan's baby-speak was just...gah! ;) And I was about to roll on the floor from having Is Noss kut off!

5. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love the update, little Obi is so cute!!!!!!!! Thanks for writing! :)

6. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww well done @};- that was so cute and inocentO:) i loved it[:D]

7. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    This needs an up. Soooo UP! :)

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww i got caught up in this and it's just too cute ... i hope there's an update soon! [face_praying]

Also, if u could please add me to ur pm list i would be grateful :D

[face_peace]

9. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Is Punxsutawney Phil Piggwei? :confused:

Even if he isn't, it make for an interesting tongue twister. :D

10. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I don't want this to fall into oblivion, so I'm giving this a boot. O:)

11. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Thanks, Musing, cuz I missed it the first time around!

Qui-Gon bit his lips, then bent down and scooped up the child in one easy movement. "Devious little imp," he murmured, as the child settled into the crook of his arms and stared back at him, eyes wide with surprised delight. "Who taught you to ask that, I wonder?"

"Masser 'Oda," came the prompt answer, and Qui-Gon chuckled again, this time ruefully.

"Is that only reason you asked me?" he asked, wondering why he felt slightly disappointed, as he tightened his arms around the slight frame.

Obi-Wan leant back, as though considering a weighty question. "No," he shook his head, curls bobbing. "Me learn mush from yoo," he spoke, with an air of finality. "Yes." He finished, as though this apparently decided everything.

"I see," Qui-Gon said gravely. "So this was your own decision?"

A nod.

"And Master Yoda has given us his blessings?"

Obi-Wan tilted his head slightly, hands clutching at Qui-Gon's robes hesitantly. "Masser," he turned large blue eyes towards Qui-Gon, and held his hands out. "Me call yoo...masser?"

"Little imp." Qui-Gon looked down into the child's eyes, aware of a strange sensation within his battle-hardened heart. It was not that he did not relish teaching... far from it. But his teaching experiences had been vastly different, before this... and besides, whoever heard of taking a padawan this young? A child he had stumbled upon and taken a liking to, barely weeks ago, in the creche... did such things truly happen?

Nothing is a coincidence.

The Force spoke to him. Pulled, yearned, begged and cajoled. Was it the Force, was it destiny... or was it the entrancing innocence in these large, blue-green eyes?

I cannot do this, he thought. I am not ready.

"I shall teach you, then," he spoke aloud, barely aware of what he was saying. "Shall you like to be my padawan, little one?" he spoke softly. Very softly.

Obi-Wan looked at him in hushed reverence for a moment, and then abruptly buried his face into Qui-Gon's robes, apparently overcome.

"Little One, I would prefer a more vocal answer," came Qui-Gon's voice, and the child released its hold on his cloak.

"Gah!" He gurgled, and then clutched at Qui-Gon's robes again, obviously delirious with delight. The Force positively glowed with approval.

"Yes, well," murmured the Master, as he began lengthy preparations to postpone his departure for a slight--a very little while. "It's obvious what my first lesson to you is to be."

Gah! You have reduced me to a pile of mush on the floor!

Snippet #2

Rarely had he seen eyes that reached for his own, broke through his warrior's defences, and dove down deep into him.

Yes, indeed. Well, well!

And yet, Obi-Wan kept darting looks at Qui-Gon.

I'm melting!

12. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Just to keep myself in practice ;)...up!

13. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Please update this story soon! I just decided to re-read what was written and loved it all over again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.