main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galactic Adventure: Hour of Awakening (War of Darkness Part 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Admiral Maciejewski, May 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    Galactic Adventure: Hour of Awakening (War of Darkness Part 2)

[Note: This is part two of a series myself and many others started a long time ago. I have decided to finish what we started alone. To view out past adventures and the previous parts of this story arc, go to the http://members.xoom.com/admiralmGalactic Adventurers web site . Please do not add to this story, for I am writing it myself]

Merrell looked out at the city below her. The light shone of her long blond hair. She looked down at the ground at people who gathered for the funeral of her father. It was three standard weeks since his death. They arrived on Denera just days ago and began preparations for the funeral ceremony for her father.

She wanted to be down there, but she refused to believe him to be dead. They had been through so much together. He died helping others, which was they way he always knew he would die. He had foreseen his own death a long time ago, and knew that he would die helping others. She just never figured it would be so soon.

Now she had to look after her stepmother and unborn half-brother. She knew it would be hard for Kassiona to raise the child on her own. She intended to help raise the child and the train him. It was what her father would have wanted.

She did not know if that was what she wanted now. She did not know if she could move on without her father at her side. She learned so much from him. She has lost her mother and now her father. Now she was alone and lost.

"You are not alone," a voice said behind her.

She turned around to see a Quarren Jedi standing in the doorway to her quarters. It was Stinrab. He was one her fathers oldest friends. They have known one another since before the rise of the Empire.

"What makes you think that's what I am thinking about?" Merrell asked him with a smile.

"I know how you feel," he said. "You lost your mother and father, but you will always have us: Your friends."

"You and some of the others have always been like family to me," she said and turned back to look out the window, "but I think my path has come to a time of change. I think I am going to stay here with Kassoina to help her with the baby."

"You must do what you thing is right, but you want revenge for your fathers death."

"So what if I do?" Merrell exclaimed.

"Revenge can lead to the Dark Side," he said. "Remember, what happened to your mother."

She did remember. Her mother turned because of the hate for the men who supposedly killed her father. Thousands of years ago, her father was thought to have been murdered by Dark Jedi. Instead they had captured him. She became what she hated intent on destroying those who had wronged her. In the end, it was her undoing.

"What am I to do?" she asked her old friend.

"To move on," Stinrab said. "You can mourn your fathers death, but keep fighting for what he believed in: Peace and justice."

"I guess you're right," she said.

Stinrab walked up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Come on down," he said. "I am sure there are people who would like to talk to you."

Mardok walked around the castle looking for Merrell. Mardok was the leader of King [] seven advisers. He was one of the oldest Hylians alive. He and Maciejewski never agreed with one another. Although older than the half-breed, he often fought with the man. Now that he was dead, the king would no long need to listen to the tainted member of their society.

He turned a corner and saw Merrell with an alien. By the looks it was a Quarren. "Hello, Merrell," Mardok said.

She turned and saw an old man with a long white beard and red eyes looking at her. She knew it was Mardok, the eldest member of the king's advisors, and a rival of her fathers. Even though he was not on the king's council, he was well respected by the king himself and the king's predecessors.

"What do you want Mardok," she asked him.

"My deepest sympathy for your fathers death," he said. "He shall be missed by many."

"I doubt you will miss him you swine," she spat at him and stormed o

2. Loso Idanian

Loso Idanian Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2000
    Okay, I was on TF.N at work and saw Desert Duel available for download on the Films page, now I'm home and it's not there.

What's the deal?

3. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    It's there. I just downloaded it. It's up with the featured films pictures, but not listed in the news bytes.

4. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Yeah, and it's funny too. I love the stand-off duel between the Probe droid and the Jawa drawing his blaster. I guess I've always found Jawas amusing, but that bit really cracks me up.

I just hope they haven't forgotten to add the phrase '"OOTEENEE!!!"

I'm hoping that one day, the films coming from the UK will be as good as those from the US and Australia... until then people will have to make do with amateur efforts like mine...

Saeed TTC

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Saeed, I finally was able to download your film. I uploaded it as well. MAYBE, the page will be up tomorrow. I'm having a problem with my DSL company right now.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

6. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    WOOHOO!!!

Will you be offering both .avi and .mov versions...?

Saeed TTC

7. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Probably just the .mov version for now. I don't want to deal with questions about Microsoft Media Player as well as Quicktime. With one format, keeps everything simple.

Azeem

8. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Fair enough...

It's a shame that PC users will have to DL an extra 8MB just for the sake of losing stereo sound, but you're the boss...

Saeed TTC

9. Loso Idanian

May 5, 2000
    Well, I'm back at work and it's there. I'll have to check again when I get home. (Six hours and counting. Oh, how I hate my job.)

10. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>you're the boss

Heh, Azeem, I didn't know that was you! Loved "Glory Days," dude. But you should've quit before making that "16 Channels and Nothing On" or whatever that piece of poodoo was.

Ah, archaic 1980s pop culture references . . .

11. ObiWan_cs

ObiWan_cs Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    Fear not Saeed, the phrase 'Utinni' is in there... and I think it is even used at an appropriate point.

Cameron Smith
    ----------------
    Post Production Guy on Desert Duel

12. Loso Idanian

May 5, 2000
    Okay, got it. Looks pretty cool!

A much-needed departure from the standard lightsaber-lightsaber-lightsaber genre (which I enjoy, don't get me wrong.)

I especially enjoyed that two second shot of the Jawa reaching for his weapon like some kind of cowboy. Very cool. He's my new favorite character.

Don't you hate this edit message?

[This message has been edited by Loso Idanian (edited 06-15-2000).]

13. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ObiWan_cs:
    Fear not Saeed, the phrase 'Utinni' is in there... and I think it is even used at an appropriate point.

Cameron Smith
    ----------------
    Post Production Guy on Desert Duel

HOORAY! No movie featuring Jawas would be the same without it!

Quick question - is all the Jawa dialogue lifted from the films, or is there any original stuff?

BTW I like your use of 'The Planets Suite' music for the trailer. I did a similar thing with my film to avoid copyright problems. Well done!

Saeed TTC

14. ObiWan_cs

ObiWan_cs Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    All the dialogue is recorded new, except for the tusken raiders. They use a variety of 'real' sounds I got from various locations.

Music was chosen for similar reasons

Cameron

[This message has been edited by ObiWan_cs (edited 06-15-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.