main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY GALACTIC ALLIANCE BOOK CLUB

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthZannah, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    SO the Book Clup metup is Monday December 6th and the Alternate Universe Spanish Book Clube is Monday December 7th.[face_mischief]

2. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    I unfortunately wont make this, as I'll be gone at the range all day and night this Monday. :(

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    We'll miss our Mandalorian... and stay warm out there. [face_batting]

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Ah, here it is:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Epic_Continues

The Imperial Sentential from Dark Empire was from art used by kenner for "Atha Prime."

Anyway, we all had a great talk about Dark Empire; pros and cons. It was a great idea, with elements we still see today in the EU-- ships, locations, and even new timelines. Some parts of the comic didn't hold up well in light of the prequels, and most of us (but not me) thought the art was wonky. Empire's End was pretty universally loathed.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for reserving us some tables Zannah.
    That kiddie Clone Wars magazine I picked up did actually have some spoliers for the upcoming episodes. Interesting.

6. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hope ya'll had fun. I thoroughly froze my gettse off last night at the range. And while I was miserable and cold, I did manage to qualify on the 240B machine gun. A large, cumbersome weapon that's generally mounted on turrets, yet we had to fire from the prone position. Needless to say, its hard and uncomfortable for me to fire. I hated my entire time with it. BUT I qualified, and that's all that matters.

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    We had a glorious time.. our book club is one of my most favorite things in the world. We only meet bi-monthly, but it makes me want it more. LOL! [face_batting]

8. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Sorry I could not make it. I got sick and was down and out all last week. I'm back on my feet now, but barely.

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    That's alright Twisty guy... as long as you are better, that's all that matters here. We will see you soon. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.