main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galactic Battlegrounds: Discussion, Hints, Tips, Strategies etc

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AlienAcid, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Anyone have good ways to take out AT-AT walkers? Generally, there's several that I've tried using.

The Mech Factory has units that are especially good against other mech units, but unfortunately, the AT-AT's get much better range and can wipe these guys out before they get in range and can cause much damage.

Bombers seem to do fairly well. Especially since they have an area of effect attack. However, they're generally weak as well and also have the problem of getting in range.

Air Cruisers aren't bad. A few blasts from these puppies will take out an entire squadron of walkers. Problem is, they reload very slow and are super expensive. Thus, you need a fleet of air cruiers to be able to take out the walkers fast enough that they dont' get chewed up.

Jedi aren't bad. They can remain cloaked until they can get in range. Then when the AT-AT's try to shoot the Jedi, the are of effect attack of the walkers damages their own units as well. But again, Jedi are up there on the nova price list.

The best I've seen anyone do is with the Reeks. They're cheap, strong, do good damage, make the walkers shoot themselves... But they're species limited. I don't want to play Geonosians every time I see my opponent play Imperials.

So anyone else have good ideas?

2. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    On the first mission of the Chewbacca campaign, the real mission is to get Han and Chewie through the woods, avoiding space pirates and Imperial Troops.
    However, there is a secret, second mission.
    At one point, you can rescue 4 workers.
    Now, the only way to use them is to use the cheatcodes (forceore,forcecarbon, forcenova, forcefood) to get enough resources to build your Command Center, Keep building until you reach level 3, and construct an Airbase. Get a Personnel Carrier. Fly over to the right corner, from the bottom, and head up. You will reach an area that can't be reached on foot due to the trees.
    Within a large ring of trees, mysteriously, you'll find a patch of the planet Tatooine. Queen Amidala's ship is there, and you'll find Obi Wan Kenobi. Your new mission is to rescue Queen Amidala from Sandpeople. Darth Maul makes an appearance eventually also.

From eeggs.com

3. Young_Punk

Young_Punk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I used to love this game but one day It just stopped working:(

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I love the one mission on Serapin I think which has Palps and Anakin at a sith temple.

5. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Young_Punk, I had the same problem. I used to play online at zone.com all the time with this game. Then one day, it said I needed an updated version, so I went to the LucasArts website and there was a patch there to download. I went back to zone.com and it still didn't work.:_| And when we got our computer wiped I couldn't find the install disc to play it again...

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  7. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    yo anyone still play this outdated game?
    i want to play a multiplayer game with someone

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock 'n bump

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hello, SW Gamers! I have a question that I hope you'll be able to help me out with. If anyone who's familiar with Battlegrounds can lend me some info, I'd be very grateful.

The info I'm seeking is for a current project of mine on Wookieepedia --- I'm writing up Lumpy, everyone's favourite mischievous pint-sized Wookiee, and I'm looking for more info on his role in Battlegrounds. I had thought that it was limited to a mention in Itchy's in-game databank entry, but I read somewhere (by translating a line in his German Wookieepedia article, actually :p) that he can be placed as a hero in the game's level editor. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, what exactly does it mean? I imagine it means that you can play as him in any custom levels you create --- are these levels part of the main storyline?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, and thanks! [face_peace]

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I've made a few custom campaign levels for this game and from memory Lumpy isn't in the editor or in the the official campaigns. There is a Wookiee bounty hunter which I can't remember his name that apparently is a cousin that betrayed them to the Trandoshans. I'll have to re install and have a look.

11. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I used to have this game. I miss it dearly. :(

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Thanks for the info, Outrider! I was pretty sure he wasn't in the official campaigns; good to hear that he's not in the level editor either. And the traitorous Wookiee you're thinking of is Weebacca. Not the most original name. [face_peace]

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Happy to help out :) . Aye, Weebacca is the one I was thinking of.

I thought it was a shame that they didn't do an official pack or downloadable content containing ROTS material. I'm sure the modding community for it already has made some.

14. ShakTeeth

ShakTeeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    I agree, a ROTS expansion would have been nice. Man, I used to play this game all the time. It was awesome...maybe we'll get another Star Wars RTS game in the future. Empire At War was good, but it's land battles left much to be desired.

15. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I remember patiently waiting for a ROTS expansion. I was left very disappointed.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    If they do make a new RTS game, I hope they will cover both PT/TCW and OT eras like Galactic Battlegrounds does. Level editors does allow more replay value with access to 'toybox' units that wasn't in the main campaigns. e.g. SOTE/EU crafts

Empire At War felt like Rebellion 2.0. It would have been great if there was a campaign covering The Clone Wars and more worlds added. I agree that the ground battles does leave much to be desired and some reason I prefer elements of Force Commander's land battles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.