main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Galactic Battlezones

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by sword_of_raditz, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Welcome to...

Galactic Battlezones
    The Game of War

--Prelude--
    "Captain, this is Blue Four."
    "Copy, Blue Four. Where's your position?"
    "Coordinates sending."
    "Roger that. What's going on down there, Blue Four?"
    "It's...insane, sir. The scouting trip has discovered an Imperial death star headed this way."
    "WHAT?! We blew up that!"
    "No, sir. They were building a secondary one, apparently."
    "That's...that's the reason for the communication break down, then. It's been jamming our distress signals! Gah. Head back to the Resist."
    "Aye, sir."
    "How long do you estimate until it reaches our ship?"
    "Ten hours at most, sir."
    "Ten hours....that's not enough time."
    "Sir?"
    "Nothing. Report back to the ship immediately. I'll alert the General."
    "Yes, sir."
    Click.
    "Gah...we're in trouble this time..."

--Intro--
    Welcome to Galactic Battlezone. The game takes place four months before The Empire Strikes Back. The Imperial Forces have recovered from their humiliating defeat at Yavin IV, and have regrouped to once again assault. Targeting one of the major Rebel outposts, a rebel gunship called the Resist. Having jammed the communications and created a blockade far enough away to avoid detection, the ship has unknowingly been awaiting it's doom. The RPG will consist entirely of the battle between the death star Revenge and the Resist.

--Rules--
    I. Anything the TOS says.
    II. PM me all character sheets for approval.
    III. I will accept both Imperial and Rebel characters, but Rebel characters are encouraged. Imperials should be secondary characters.
    IV. The GM retains the right to kill off any character he chooses in any manner possible. I will try to refrain from this, but the point of this is the battle, not a group of undefeatable soldiers. Mainly this will be against unactive people who aren't present to die.
    V. Death is very important in this game. The majority of your characters will end up dead before the end, so please, know when to go down. Only a small group should be left over at the end.
    VI. The ending of the game isn't set in stone. If players tend to lean towards the Imperials winning, then that's what will happen, as well as vice-versa. Nearly all of the characters part of the losing side need to die. I will allow one or two to be taken prisoner, and perhaps one escapee.
    VII. Character sheets are welcome to be sent in at any time, but you are only allow to control three characters at a time.
    VIII. If you intend to do something that drastically alters the game, then make sure you have my prior approval via PM.
    IX. No God-Modding, things like that. Play fair.
    X. The cardinal rule: have fun!

--How the Game Works--
    Once enough people have entered, I'll start the game with my opening post. For the first bit or so, it will be the exposition time when you introduce your characters, make friends, but most of all, prepare for the attack that everyone knows is coming. Once I feel that everyone is comfortable and ready for the fight, I'll make a triggering post that starts the battle. From then on, whether you decide to take a ship and try to shoot down the death star or ready yourself for the Imperial boarding party is up to you. I will GM random NPCs to fight you, but when possible, it is asked that you fight other characters. As the GM, I will also make posts which lists the current stage of the battle, so make sure to know what's going on around you.

--Character Sheet-
    PM THESE TO ME!

Name:
    Callsign: (optional)
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Alliegience: (Rebel or Imperial)
    Homeworld:
    Interesting Fact: (optional)
    Bio:

--GM Notes--
    So let's try this game one more time. Also: please, no force users. They vastly outclass foot soldiers and would end up degrading the game. Other than that, have fun!

2. Sith9211

Sith9211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2003
    GM APPROVED

Name: Benjamin King
    Callsign: Black Leader
    Species: corellian
    Appearance: dark black hair, blue eyes, long scar running from below left eye all the way to his chin.
    Alliegience: Rebel
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Interesting Fact: Ben is a dual threat agent, being good at ground and air operations.
    Bio: Ben King was born to a middle class family on Corellia. After his father attempted to kill a crooked Imperial garrison commander, his family was arrested and executed. He escaped with the help of his uncle, a high-ranking rebel member. After a couple years, he was placed on the Resist. Ben was a member of a group known as the Black Sabres, an elite rebel commando unit. Everyone, aside from him, was killed in an imperial raid shortly before his placement on the Resist. Even those his unit is gone, he refuses to let go of his call sign as Black Leader. He hopes to reform his group with new members.

3. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: David Flir
    Callsign: (optional) Devil
    Species: Human (Mandalorian via Clone ARC Trooper descent)
    Appearance: A gruff man who is a descendant of a Republic ARC Trooper, thus bearing resemblence to Jango. Wears black Mandalorian armo with Blackpaint and blood read highlights.
    Alliegience: Rebel, as long as the credits keep coming
    Homeworld: Kashyyyk
    Interesting Fact: (optional)
    Bio: David is the descendant of an ARC Trooper from the Clone Wars, and as such, has a keep combat sense. He was left on Kashyyyk as a child, where he was found and trained by a Repblic Clone Commando who called himself Sev. He became a Mandalorian and bounty hunter, and practced his skills in the Underwood of Kashyyyk and hunting bounties and fighting in small wars. He has curently found employ in the Rebel Alliance.

4. Jedi_Master_Jaden

Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    *GM Approved*

Name: Jake Darkdust
    Callsign: (optional)
    Species: human
    Appearance: short dark brown hair, brown eyes, about 5? 10?, medium build
    Alliegience: Rebel
    Homeworld: Alderaan
    Interesting Fact: youngest pilot on the Resist
    Bio: He left his family a few years ago when they sent him away to the imperial academy, he left the academy 3 weeks later when he overheard a secret conversation about building a superweapon. He was soon picked up by member of the Rebels, and when he told him about the Empire?s plan he was taken to the headquarters at Yavin. Although he didn?t fight against the first death star, he soon took up a fascination in the X-wings, and soon became a pilot. His high skills make up for his young age.

5. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    How many more characters do we need?

6. kadlah_cha

kadlah_cha Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2006
    *GM APPROVED*
    Name: ifron danhob
    Callsign: (optional) rock 9
    Species: human
    Appearance: shaved head, scar across right eye, 6 foot 9, old Jedi clothes (stolen)worn at all times
    Allegiances: Rebel
    Home world: kessel
    Bio: parents both guards on kessel, life was tough growing up. at 17 i was attacked by an inmate and got a scar to show it. at 18 i left and went to corelia were I "found" my jedi outfit. i learned the basics of ground fighting but excelled at dog fights I became an ace when i was jumped by imp's while cruising around corelia. I escaped and went strait for the rebellion.

7. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Due to the recent influx of CSes sent in, I intend to start this up at the end of March.

8. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Derek Jera

Callsign: Green Leader

Species: Human

Appearance: Short, choppy brown hair, deep green eyes

Alliegience: Rebel Alliance

Homeworld: Bellassa

Interesting Fact: Used to serve in the Imperial Air Force, and while he is more comfortable behind the controls of an A-wing, he isn't bad shot with a rifle, either.

Bio: Derek was once a pilot for the Imperial Air Force, but defected when the Star Destroyer his flight squadron was assigned to destroyed a Republic cruiser when an Imperial strike force was still aboard, killing his cousin. He has flown for the Rebel Alliance in his trusty A-wing ever since, and has been stationed aboard the Resist for 3 months now.

9. Spartan786

Spartan786 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2007
    GM APPROVED

Name: Aro Swan
    Appearance: Black tousled hair, tannish face and light green eyes
    Allegiance: Rebel
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Bio: Dying was a way of life, and Aro had to deal with it all his life. It started with his mother after a large space battle. She was pregnant on a Rebel cruiser when the Empire bombed it. She had internal bleeding, but somehow, she managed to give birth to a normal child. Unfortunatly, she was able to ever see his face. Next was his father, Carlisle Swan, was a leading commander in the Resist. When he was leading hist troops through a Star Destroyer in order to steal plans for the Death Star, Darth Vader himself was there to greet him. The ending was a horrible one. Now Aro vows to avenge his parents and defeat the Empire, by all means neccesary.

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Name: Cal Strenson
    Callsign: The 793rd
    Appearance: Tall, Muscular
    Alliegience: Imperial
    Homeworld: Bal'demnic
    Interesting Fact: Builds Droids
    Bio: Born into a family on Bal'demnic and graduated school. He started building ships with his father at age 9 and built his first ship at age 11. He built his first droid when he was 15. He continued to customize and upgrade his first droid and built smaller droids as well. His original droid he customized to assist his ship in space battles. He also built it so that the droid could assist in melee battles. He gave the droid two blasters and a stun gun.

11. darth_moke

darth_moke Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    GM APPROVED

Name: Magalos(nickname: Mag).
    Callsign: (optional)Psycho.
    Species:Human.
    Appearance:Short, scruffy, blonde hair, green eyes; a goatee covering his chin; average size.
    Alliegience: Rebel.
    Homeworld:Courascant.
    Interesting Fact: Has gotten the Resist into several troubles due to his carelessness time and time again.
    Bio: Not much is known about Mag, except for the fact that
    his unorthadox style of getting the job done can put many people in danger,
    he is a reliable and serious person when he needs to be,
    people can count on him if things get rough.
    He excels with single man flyers, sniper rifles and shot-guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.