main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Galactic Civilizations: Reach of the Humans

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Alexanderlagrande, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexanderlagrande

Alexanderlagrande Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    The Story

In the year 2117 an Arcean probe arrived at Earth. The humans had become a relatively united planet that was prosperous and had a wealth of energy thanks to the development of fusion power. The Arceans saw the value in fusion power for none of the other races had developed such an advanced form of energy despite their advancement in other areas. As a result, the Arceans quickly transferred the plans of a star gate to the humans.

The Arcean star gate plan didn't include a way to turn off the star gate. In essence, once turned on, the humans would not be able to turn it off. Whether the Arceans were planning to conquer Earth or not remains unknown. However, the star gate was never built. The star gate plans confirmed countless theories on space travel. It also become quite clear the leading scientists that the star gate was limited in use because of its size and cost. But they also concluded that the problem with the star gate was purely because it was designed around a lack of power -- a problem the humans did not have.

Research firms across the planet quickly concluded that a propulsion system could be developed, using the theories from the star gate, that would enable individual ships to travel on their own. Those same individual ships would also be able to travel much faster than they could through a star gate. A ship going through a star gate would still take months, even years, to go relatively short distances. With this new drive system, that time would be halved with improvement for even greater relative speeds.

About
    Welcome to Galactic Civilizations:Reach of the Humans, this is about a fledgling race commanded by you. This planet came come out any way you want, be it a Econimic Government, a Military Based Government, or just a Democracy, the choice is yours.This is a turn based game where you will have to take turns building so take your time posting.

Planetary Occupation
    Planets will be occupied by the beggining owner, or the conqueror.To conquer planets you need soldiers, but I will get to that later.

Economy
    In order to make money you need to have a Good Economy, by providing your people with jobs.You will need to build many different things to build up your economy.

Military
    Your military, perhaps the most important thing in this game, is strictily decided by you, the player, and is used to destroy other governmants.
    Soldiers
    Soldiers are built from a conscript in the military and require a barracks, transports are needed to transport soldiers from one star system to another.

Building
    In order to build you need a unit of Construction bots, which have been supplied for you.Here is the template for building:
    Name:
    Use:
    Resources Required:

Ship Designing
    Ships can be designed in this game, but hey will not come cheap I will personnaly approve the designs.
    Template;

Model: Ship Name Goes Here
    Class: Type of Ship (Destroyer, Cruiser, Frigate, Corvette, Troop Transport)
    Length: X meters
    Hyperdrive Rating: Hyperdrive rating (1-5, with lowest being the best.) Read more about Hyperdrive ratings HERE
    Armament:

[Quantity] - Type of Weapon

Complement:

[Quantity] - Vehicle/Ship (Complement is basicly what it can haul in terms of vehicles, ships.)

Crew: Amount of men needed to man the ship. (If you send in an undrealistic number, I will change it.)
    Passengers: Amount of non-crew members this ship can carry.
    Usage Role(s):

(Basicly what sort of role does this ship play in a fleet.)

Turns
    Every turn you must fill out a template saying how much money you have, ships, and planets.Here is the template;

Planets;
    ---Number of Planets:
    ---Population:
    ---Names:
    Military;
    ---Ship Numbers:
    ---Fleets:
    ---Tax:
    Economy;
    ---Amount of Money Recieved(I will give you):
    ---Number of Mines:

Buildings