main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Galactic Empire (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Aboard the Strike Cruiser, Spider's Web, Unknown Regions

Day in. Day out.

Time became impossible to track for me. The days went by without me really noticing them come and go. The beatings continued, the dreams came, the memories never faded. At least they are feeding me again but I am no longer hungry nor care for food anymore. My mind is almost devoid of any thoughts except that one moment, that one day, that one time that I will never, could ever in a million years, forget so long as I continued to breathe.

I will never forget as I watched the black-clad man draw his sidearm and point it at the face of my son before pulling the trigger and killing him. I will never forget the image of that vile, dispicable monster continuing to fire into my son's body before it even had a chance to finish falling into a dead heap.

I hate him. I hate them all. But most importantly, I hate myself.

If I had not defied my captors, would my son still be alive today? His death is my fault and although I had not pulled the trigger of the blaster that had killed him, my indirect actions were the cause to the effect. I might as well say that I had pulled the trigger myself. I will never forgive myself. I cannot forgive myself. This is the greatest sin of any father can ever commit and I know I will pay for it later on in life or the afterlife.

Whichever came first.

Hopefully the afterlife would come first.

I want to die but I have no way of killing myself. They took away everything that I can use as a weapon against them or myself. Well, almost everything. I still have my belt and the buckle is sharp enough to slit my wrists or my throat. I could even tighten it around my neck to strangle myself to death. Killing myself would at least prevent them from using me any further against my Emperor and my Empire.

I have taken it off and examined it. Thinking about suicide is easy but actually committing it is surprisingly difficult. I really do not want to die. Especially when my daughter is still out there somewhere no doubt being hunted down by Isard's goons. They won't find her. I had made sure years ago to erase her existance from my family's records as a precaution to my growing number of enemies I made each day. I always feared losing my little angel, especially after Zevulon's defection.

Thinking of losing her gives me all the more reason to kill myself now. If I were to die, then Isard would have no reason to go after my remaining child. Why waste resources on hunting down a person when the reasons for doing so to begin with are no longer valid? Then again, she may do it just out of spite for killing myself just like she did to my son.

Mein Gott... I will surely kill myself should I lose Maelorra.

Silence

It would be so easy to press the buckle snap into the artery of my wrists and watch myself bleed to death. Would they send a doctor to come and prevent my death or would they just let me and watch me die in this hell hole? I am certain I would be doing them a favor by committing suicide. It would be one less thing they have to deal with.

At least I could join my wife again.

I wish Elaria was here. Well not exactly. I would not want her here or anyone else for that matter. I just want her company, someone to talk to and confide in. I've only known her for two months before my captors had taken me. We mostly saw each other on dinner dates and the occasional lunch break. My schedule as the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces did not leave much room for my personal life. But when I did go out with her, I enjoyed every night with her.

Sigh.

I need someone to talk to so badly right now and all I have is that roach in the corner, nibbling on a bread crumb I had left from my last meal. They tried to nibble on my son's ear but I would not let them. I still have my boy's ear and I am not at all surprised that it remains with me. It would be like Isard to leave it so that I would be reminded of what I had done to hi

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    General Aren Dyer

Making me double post, evil Ktala

"What will you do if this... break out into civil war?" He was refering to the broadcast Veers had willingly or was forced into making. "A stupid question ask of you," he said after finishing a mouthful of his meal. "You're trained to protect the Emperor much like the Red Guard had done for his predecessor. I do not know what I will do though."

TAG: Ktala

3. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    IC: Grand Inquisitor LeBlanc

Onboard the Spider's Web

Lucifer had taken the bait, which was something very amusing to Jean. Ahead of him, the deciever moved to the open room where he thought Jean had hidden in, leaving his back side open to anything. Even a half blind tauntaun would have been able to hit him. Quickly springing to attack, Jean thumbed on both of his light sabers, and struck out at his unknowing foe. Jean hoped for the best from his suprise action, but somewhere in the back of his mind, he felt as if Lucifer may not be stopped by something such as mere lightsaber wounds.

Tag: LSA

4. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    LightSide_Apprentice

The Day of Veers' Galactic Broadcast

Offices of Imperial Intelligence, Coruscant

Since learning of the broadcast, seeing it herself for the first time, she was filled with inner turmoil and deep regret. She knew something had been wrong. Maximilian would not have disappeared for so long without a word. He had said that he would be going away for a while, that he would be attending to a personal matter concerning his family, and how it related to the Empire. But, this, this was totally unexpected.

Elaria could only imagine that something had gone terribly wrong. She knew Maximilian was committed to the Empire above all else. Well, perhaps with the exception of his family. That was it, of course. His family took preference over his loyalty to the Empire, that was how he fell into trouble. Elaria knew that Maximilian would not have denounced his loyalty to Iaius I, simply because it had the potential to destroy everything the two men had worked so hard to build. Something else had caused him to act as he did. Something, or someone had threatened his family. Elaria was certain of it, and she would not stop until she found the person responsible.

She left her desk in a rush, her heart heavy and her eyes glistening as tears welled up. Her mind was set on finding Maximilian now, locating him was her top priority. Elaria was only sad and disappointed to know that he had not trusted her entirely. And, deep down, she knew why. Her loyalty and devotion to Imperial Intelligence was the invisible wall between them, the one thing that prevented them from getting close and intimate.

While it was no longer used as the primary base for Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin's research efforts, Elaria knew she would find her life-long friend there. The secreted facility had been Lucrecia's primary place of work for more than two years, and Elaria knew that it still would be, if not for Randal Duflin's building of a similar such facility within one of the warships under his direct command. Lucrecia was only on Coruscant because she wanted to be close to her family before Randal and she headed out again.

Elaria wondered at that. Would she, given the same position, act as Lucrecia did? Was she willing to work and travel alongside her future husband just so that she could be with him? She knew that she would be willing. Love caused people to act as they would not in any other circumstance.

"Elaria, hello. I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in," Lucrecia greeted warmly, as she turned away from her work and noticed her friend standing just inside her door. Lucrecia frowned with concern as she noticed the expression on Elaria's face, unusual as it was to see her so obviously unable to control her feelings. "What's happened?" Lucrecia asked quickly, as she moved to hug her friend.

The two ladies embraced briefly, and Elaria felt tears stream down her face. She had been holding her feelings so long that now, when they were finally released, she was no longer able to control their flow. She sobbed quietly, thankful for Lucrecia's presence.

Lucrecia led her to a seat and pulled another chair up beside her, before sitting down herself. "Please, tell me what's wrong, perhaps there's something I can do to help." Even though she had only seen Elaria a handful of times since after the wedding two months previous, she had been under the impression that Elaria was happier than ever, that she had found romance again and that she was growing very close to Maximilian Veers, just as Lucrecia herself had grown to fall in love with Randal Duflin.

"It's Maximilian," Elaria said, in between tears. "He's in trouble." She did not know when it had happened, but she knew, she had known for some time now, that she had come to love him. Despite her assignment, despite her loyalty and oath, she would sever all ties with Imperial Intelligence if it meant that she could be with him again.

Three days later ...

"Thank you for meeting with me," Elaria sa

5. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Now ...

Focalor stood beside Raum, both pleased to finally see Veers not only battered, but broken, too. "Perhaps he will no longer cooperate with us, as we seem to have nothing to offer him, but his life. In the event that he proves stubborn and fails to support our wishes, he will no longer prove useful, despite what Isard plans. Our goals are not her goals, her methods and plans are not our own. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal," Raum confirmed. He was ready to destroy Veers, to take the man's life if Iaius I did not meet their demands. "Will you be heading to Coruscant, then?"

Focalor's eyes remained on Veers. "Yes," he said, after a brief moment. "Leave the man. We will give the emperor some time to consider our offer, while we work to help him make his choice. Go to Bastion and make preparations. We will strike before long, and, then, we will return." Smiling and indicating Veers with a gesture, he added, "We will finish this in due course."

Veers did not receive any food for the next three days. And, he received only enough water to keep him alive. It was an intentional decision by his captors, designed to weaken his body further, as his mind was now beginning to weaken. Perhaps maddness would take him, but, whether it did or not, his days were now numbered. For each day that passed, his use to the Deceiver became less valuable, until finally his life would be worthless. Only then would it be discarded.

Thok

Earlier ...

In his inhuman haste, the Deceiver failed to detect Jean's absence from the room. The Sith Lord had, in fact, only ducked inside for a moment, long enough to give cause to suspect he might still be inside seeking safety.

Jean was no longer visible, in sight or through the Force. His hand slid down to his lightsaber hilt, as the Deceiver rushed to investigate his wherabouts. In that moment, in his failure to sense Jean's own cunning deception, the Deceiver left his back open to attack.

Amused at his enemy having taken the bait, Jean sprang into attack. He thumbed on both of his lightsabers, and struck out at his unknowing foe. Jean had hoped for the best from his suprise action, but somewhere in the back of his mind, he felt as if the Deceiver may not be stopped by something such as mere lightsaber wounds.

As he swung his two blades, cutting into the figure before him, he felt a powerful rush from the Force. His blades cut through without resistence, the figure before him seeming to disappear into a dark cloud. Jean hadn't seen anything like since his days as a Sith Lord. One moment his enemy was there and the next there was no trace of him. It appeared as a technique not too unlike one that Jean knew himself.

It was the only thing that allowed him to prepare for what had yet to come. Behind Jean, standing tall, with a murderous gaze and devilish smile, the Deceiver swung a long scythe toward Jean's neck, fully intent on decpatitating the Grand Inquisitor.

Even as the blade came at him, Jean wondered from where it appeared, for it seemed to materialise out of thin air. Obviously, there was some great and mysterious power at work here, other than what he knew as the Force. Perhaps something darker.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Juhani

"What will you do if this... break out into civil war?"

Juhani looked up, pauing. Dyer quickly responded. "A stupid question ask of you," he said after finishing a mouthful of his meal. "You're trained to protect the Emperor much like the Red Guard had done for his predecessor. I do not know what I will do though."

Juhani shook her head slowly. "I will continue my assignment. Regardless of what happens. But hopefully, I can annoy them enough that they make a mistake."

She pushed her empty plate asside, and sipped on her drink. "If this does not work, I shall have to bite harder."

Juhani put down her glass. "I hope our efforts pay off."

TAG: Mitth

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    General Aren Dyer

Ktala is still evil :p

"As do I."

The General was silent for several long seconds. He took a measured sip of his brandy and a bite of his meal before continuing. "You are not alone in this investigation," he said slowly and in a conspiratorial tone despite knowing she had their booth blocked from eavesdropping spies. "In a few days I will be sending someone I trust to investigate some rumors in the Rims." He was careful with his wording, knowing that even the best blockers may not cover everything said.

"What my agent discovers I'll pass on to you," he paused for a second, drank some of the brandy before continuing. "I have a very good feeling that what he discovers will be... very helpful and useful to you. If it is what I think it is, you can go ahead and destroy this... cache of theirs. Until then, I suggest continuing to monitor them and wait and see if you can find anymore of these... caches on-planet."

TAG: Ktala

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Juhani

"As do I." Dyer replied. The General was silent for several long seconds. He took a measured sip of his brandy and a bite of his meal before continuing. "You are not alone in this investigation," he said slowly and in a conspiratorial tone despite knowing she had their booth blocked from eavesdropping spies. "In a few days I will be sending someone I trust to investigate some rumors in the Rims." He was careful with his wording, knowing that even the best blockers may not cover everything said.

That perked up Juhani's interest. It was the best piece of news she had heard so far. She put down her glass, and looked on, in interest. "What my agent discovers I'll pass on to you," he paused for a second.

Juhani nodded, as he continued. "I have a very good feeling that what he discovers will be... very helpful and useful to you. If it is what I think it is, you can go ahead and destroy this... cache of theirs. Until then, I suggest continuing to monitor them and wait and see if you can find anymore of these... caches on-planet."

Juhani nodded. "Very well. I shall endevor to see what else I can find then. I shall wait for your reply then." she said, smiling. She nodded. It was getting interesting now.

She gracefully stood up.

"I better leave now. I do not wish to hold you any longer. And I have a busy night planned." she said with a wink, smoothing out her dress. She deftly plucked the listening devices and blocker she had deployed around them.

"Enjoy your dinner." she said with a nod, and then she turned, and slowly exited the diner.

Once she was outside, she took a taxi to a nearby hotel. She used their public area to switch clothing. She then went back to her speeder bike.

Once she was finished, she blended back into the darkness of the city.

TAG: Mitth
    back to SF

Ktala the tyrant!

9. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Jedi_Dave810

Orbital Starship Dock, Yaga Minor

TIE starfighters. TIE Interceptors. TIE Bombers. Fighters. Interceptors. Bombers. Twin Ion Engines. Was there ever going to be an end? Since coming to Yaga Minor, Cornelius 'Cor' Linka had been conducting repairs and, at times, modifications or upgrades, to nothing but standard Imperial starfighters. Granted, he was one of the best starship mechanics on the Dock.

As he settled in for lunch, eating beside a few of his fellow mechanics and technicians, he overheard talk of some workers being reassigned. Rumour had it that there would be a chance to move to some capital ships, in a supervisory role. There were certainly enough new warships having been built that would need trained and experienced mechanics. It may be the perfect opportunity for someone who wanted to work away from starfighters alone.

LightSide_Apprentice

Planetary Surface, Coruscant

A leading agent from ISB had conducted a joint effort with a fellow agent from Intelligence for the purposes of maintaining order within the Empire. Their first priority had been to locate the source of the Veers Broadcast, an effort that was met with intangible and empty results. There had been so many distributions of the material, from such a wide variety of persons and groups that it was almost impossible to find out the place from which it had originated.

Analysis of the broadcast did reveal that Veers was being held captive by Ysanne Isard, who had been branded a traitor to the Empire who fled in exile. And, while many agents within Intelligence still pledged silent allegiance to the former Director, just as they did to Sil Dugal, some of those were certainly not above and beyond saving the Empire from certain crisis.

Since news spread, far more rapidly than was natural, even for such an extreme event, unrest stirred within the Empire. From within the military there were mixed feelings. Some turned their back on Veers, gazing down upon him as a traitor, while others threw their full support behind him, fully intending to join him in building an Empire without Iaius I. And yet there were others, those that saw the bigger picture.

Two such men were working together now, from 'competing agencies' no less. ISB had been the first to put forth a strong effort to control and supress any rumours that were spreading. It was ISB that worked to supress some of the riots, organised and otherwise. It was Security that ensured no more monuments on Coruscant were defaced or ruined. Unfortunately, their efforts were not so successful on other worlds, especially further out from the Core.

In the meantime, Imperial Intelligence spent time searching for those most loyal to Isard, trying to locate some word of Veers' location and present state. It was Intelligence that managed to confirm the Field Marshal still being alive, at least as near as they could determine from reliable sources within the division and its multitude of contacts. It was Intel that organised a joint effort with members of the Inquisitorious to investigate the possibility of the involvement of the Fallen Angel division in the whole episode.

Opinions among the civilian populous were largely divided. Some had certainly shown unwavering loyalty to Iaius I, many ignoring Veers' announcement, some turning on the Field Marshal and others learning of the blink code used in his message. Like the military, their opinions were divided, and, for the most part, no longer expressed through public displays of violence on Imperial Centre.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

The first two days since they had stopped feeding him but only gave him water, just enough to keep him alive, meant that his days were finally numbered. They still saw him as useful for maybe one or two more tasks that only required in giving him water and not edible solids. After that they would execute him, his fingerspitzengehful told him that much. Why feed a prisoner if he will soon no longer be useful to you? That food could be given to another prisoner instead, one that had a lot more use.

Since he realized that his death was drawing nearer, he decided it was time he tried a third escape attempt and this time he would not return to this cell. The odds were incrediably against him. He did not have the element of surprise on his side and nor could he prepare without them knowing. The only chance he had of getting out of his cell is when the guard came to deliver him his bowl of water. And the only time they did that was when he was asleep.

Fine.

He could feign sleep and he would be ready.

When the time came again for him to sleep, he rested on his side, his back facing the door as he pretty much hugged the wall. It was not unsual of him to choose this position to fall asleep in and they would not suspect nothing of it. He would keep his eyes open just enough to prevent him from really falling asleep in the darkness and he would control his breathing, regulating it so that it appeared he was falling sleep.

When the time came again for the guard to enter and give him a new bowl of water he would strike and strike quickly. Although he did not have the strength to wrestle a man to the ground, he did have a small advantage. The guard would believe he was asleep and treat it as so, his guard would be down slightly compared to when he would enter when the prisoner was wide-awake.

So when he heard that door open again, the light from outside bathing the cell, chasing the darkness away, and he heard the guard step inside to pick up the empty water bowl, he struck. The Field Marshal rolled back over, his arm outstreching toward the guard as a long, ebony and leather belt flung out for the man's head--the heavy, steel buckle at the receiving end. It would hurt and even daze the guard and if he was lucky enough, kill the man should it hit him hard enough--in say the temple?

They say the third time is the charm. Let it be that they are right, he silently prayed.

TAG: LSA

11. Jedi_Dave810

Jedi_Dave810 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Cor Linka
    IC: Yaga Minor

Finally, a break. He always wanted to work on a huge capital ship. That would show them what a craftsmen he was. He had to find out more about these openings. If they were happening now, then he had to get in on it.

"Finally, a chance to work on a star destroyer, or even a super star destroyer. I should kiss ass to the bosses. I AM getting this job!"

Tag: LSA

12. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2001
    IC: Draug Layor

Unknown Regions

He did not enjoy carrying out favours, performing them or otherwise. Deep down, the truth of the matter was that he did not enjoy much of anything, really. What was there to be joyful about? The Empire was not what it once was, one of its greatest soldiers had been captured in an effort to save the great government, and, in the meantime, an alien force was invading the galaxy from the Outer Rim. Still, it seemed the usual, given the galaxy's history as Layor knew it.

Walking the corridors in silence, he kept his gaze directly forward, refusing to turn aside needlessly. He noted, with some internal sense of superiority, that the officers that passed him quickly stepped aside. Even stormtroopers went out of their way when they crossed paths with him. Such was the recognition and respect demanded by a man such as he.

His walk took him toward the cell of Field Marshal Veers, the man he knew had been held captive. The man's cell was within the next corridor, not too far from Draug Layor's present position. As he drew ever nearer to that very location, the Royal Guardsman wondered how the Field Marshal was faring. By now the man had surely been broken.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo & DarkSide_Apprentice (I do not expect a reply)

13. GRANDADMVARANII

GRANDADMVARANII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Its Gaudy but good....i hope its good enough your majesty

Name:Faenor Maximillian Varanii
    Height: 2.0 meters
    Weight: 184 lbs
    Homeworld: Varan (Core Worlds)
    Affiliation:Galactic Empire
    Hair: Brown and silvering
    Build: Muscular
    Flagship: SSD-Tiamat
    Education: Imperial Naval Academy (Caridia), Imperial Naval Academy (Coruscant)4 years each
    Service Record: Graduated from the Imperial Naval Academy
    on Coruscant at 24, posted to the dreadnought "Merisus"
    on the Outer Rim, in a three year period he rose to commander then captain of the "Merisus" and was awarded no less than 15 medals and citation. At the age of 34 he was made Captain of the Star Destroyer "Conquest" and was responsible for the defeat of the Schalasin Triumvirate three years later. After seven years of commanding the "Conquest" he was sent to teach at the
    academy over the next four years he encountered rising stars including Miko Arel and Jyannes Enyoh. Around the Battle of Yavin he was promoted to Admiral and given command of a battle squadron in the Inner Rim.
    In the upheaval after the Death Stars destruction he was promoted to Fleet Admiral and given the Star Destroyer "Inquisitor" he was responsible for several victories against the rebellion. It was during this time he encountered the grisled old General Admaas Grymmult and Admiral Sadriss Volkov, the three forged a deep friendship and upon his promotion to Grand Admiral
    to replace Grand Admiral Batch he had them join him and his new command a massive armada built around the Super Star Destroyer "Tiamat" which was the head of a new mission, destroy the New Republic and the remaining enemies of the Empire. With his old students , new faces, and old heroes of the empire he strikes out to perform his charge.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    OOC:

Did you get that character and bio approved by the head gamemaster, LightSide_Apprentice or one of the Galactic Empire factions sub-GM's? Cause it is not common for a player to start off as a Grand Admiral, no less with a SSD at his disposal.

--Adm. Nick

15. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    No but if necessary i have a few lower characters to if necessary like....

Name: Sadriss Mikhail Volkov
    Affiliation:Galactic Empire
    Homeworld: Caridia
    Height: 2.1 meters
    Weight:193 lbs.
    Flagship: ISD II "Harbringer"
    Post:Commander Sector Group B, Borderland Expeditionary Force
    Education: Imperial Naval Academy (Coruscant)

Service Record:
    Joined the Republican Navy like his father and his before him as a common deckman aboard the Dreadnought "Veracity". During the Clone Wars the "Veracity" was boarded and many of the officers were killed, Volkov assumed command of one of the repelling parties and not only managed to repel the attackers but to rally his crew to attack and capture the attacking vessel. He was
    immediately promoted to Chief Warrant Officer. With the rise of the Empire Volkov and other qualified NCO's was sent to the Imperial Naval Academy at Coruscant which he attended and graduated at the top of his class, excelling in several fields of study including; Tactics, planetary assualt, groud support and large-scale engagements.

As a reward for his skill he was assigned to the ISD-"Virulent" as the XO at the rank of Commander.
    This vessel was the command ship of a battle squadron assigned to the Inner Rim Region, after five years as Xo he was promoted to Captain and given command of the "Virulent" just about the same time of the formal declaration of rebellion. He showed great ferverous hatred toward those as he saw as ingrates against the prosperity of the Empire and was instramental in the capture of those worlds foolish enough to openly support the alliance. It was during this time that two things were made apparent...Admiral Volkovs latent force abilities and his penchant for brutality.

On a planet known as Brentalia Prime the local government refused to give up or give in and so he dealt with the situation the best way he could....by annihilating seven of planets largest cities and spraying seven more with sterilization spores. Hundreds of Millions were either incenerated or starved to death. For this Volkov was promoted to High Admiral and
    given the ISD II "Harbringer" as his flagship. Over the next few years under the tuteledge of an Inquisitor named Lord Vrathkil, Volkov learned to use his force abilities to bolster and coordinate his fleets and armies making them a more perfect military instrument.
    His Sector Group was then included in the Plans of Grand Admiral Faenor Varanii's Borderland Expeditionary Force an old friend and teacher was reunited with his best student. Volkov is now fully committed to bringing the hated Alliance to its knees.

16. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    Or

Name:Admaas Grymmult
    Height: 2.3 meters
    Weight: 354lbs
    Homeworld: Fondor
    Affiliation: Galactic Empire
    Hair Color:Red(quickly greying)
    Build: Heavy Set/Muscular
    Flagship: ISD II "Fell Voice"
    Education: Riathal Academy
    Service Record: Admaas Grymmult joined the Republic Military at 19 and was excepted to Riathal Academy eighteen years prior to the Clone Wars. He Graduated with top honors and was posted like most of the regular army in garrison duty on an outer rim colony. At the start of the Clone Wars as a Lieutenant his unit was attacked by forces of the Corprate Alliance, in this battle his unit was ordered to hold until relieved, when they were relieved only 211 of the original 2500 man detachment remained, the senior officer in command was Lieutenant Admaas Grymmult. His was decorated and made a Captain commanding a force of tanks in several battles throughout the war, working closely with the Clone Troopers and the Jedi. It was that interaction which led him to believe that he had force potential although rudimentary at best. It was found he could control the moods and attitudes of his troops so that they would before better in battle, this was of great use during the myriad of battles in which he served and was kept secret by his immediate superiors. By the end of the Clone Wars and the Rise of the Empire Grymmult was a major commanding an Armored Battalion in the Inner Rim.
    He was known for swift decisive action and an a deepseeded hatred for the rebels who were to him traitors and anarchists, two groups the very structure loving Grymmult detested. He spent the next 22 years of his career destroying Rebel Forces throughout the galaxy, meeting many great commanders like Grand Admiral Faenor Varanii and Admiral Sadriss Volkov, in those years leading up to Yavin and Hoth he rapidly accelerated through the ranks become a High General and then reaching the coveted rank of Surface Marshal just after Hoth.
    Even though his age is beginning to catch up with him he has personally been selected to command Grand Admiral Varaniis ground forces in the coming campaign against the New Republic. It will be his greatest command 7.5 million troops in 6 Sector Armies with all the vehicles and logistic nightmares they entail. He leads from his Flagship the Imperial II Star Destroyer "Fell Voice".

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    OOC:

Well then allow me to offer you some friendly advice since you are new to this game.

This game, Intergrated Balance of Power, is unlike most RPG's. For starters, there are alot more controls and restrictions on the game, and for good reason. If every player was allowed to choose whatever they wanted, we would have dozens of grand admirals, generals, senators, etc. IBoP itself is a game in which players often start out as a low rank and work their way up.

Each of your characters starts off as a person already established who controls vast armies or navies. This is not allowed under any circumstance, without the expressed constent of the head GM. Also, biographies are not normally allowed until a player develops a bit in the game. Furthermore, IBoP has a very established and defined hierarchy for each faction. Creating people who you claim command whole regions of the galaxy does not work.

Please edit and delete your posts until you have spoken to the head-GM, LightSide_Apprentice. He will be able to provide to you any details of the game, as well as explain why your characters are not allowed in the game. I recommend that you ask any questions and contact him via PM, or private message. Hopefuly he can get everything sorted out for you.

--Adm. Nick, Sub-GM, Faction Leader, New Republic IBoP

18. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    That works...i can drum something up im sure....

Maybe

Commander Faykan Arrem Varanii
    Age 31
    Homeworld: Varan (Inner Rim)
    Imperial Naval Officer (Posting at Gms Descretion)
    Graduate with Honors from the Imperial Naval Academy (The Old One)
    High Marks in Strategy and tactics...creator of the Orasmus Gambit.
    Career Military Officer from a Long Line of Officers
    Father and Imperial Sector Moff, Mother a Member of the COMPNOR Select Committee,Several Other Family Members seeded throughout the upper echelons of the Imperial Government, Mercantile, and Military Forces.
    Mission, Status,etc. At Gms Discretion

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    You start out at the bottom. If you want that rank you are going to have prove you are capable of earning it in the first place. So lets see what you are capable of doing first, ja?

GRANDADMVARANII

Varan System

Lieutenant Faykan Arrem Varanii was second in command of the Nebulon-B Escort Frigate. His commander, Commander Krag Dubai, had fallen ill from food poisoning last night and had been placed in the infirmary until he could be moved elsewhere. The ship was currently without a proper commander so that left him in charge until Starfleet could send over another commander to replace Dubai until he fully recovered. He should have never eaten a piece of the Moonglow offered to him at the dinner last night. Varanii, at least, was smart enough to decline.

"Lieutenant," called the CommScan operator from behind him. The Imperial Lieutenant turned around to face him. "I have several contacts entering the system on the near side."

"Tactical and identify them," he ordered and stepped over to the holographic tactical display that showed a three-dimensional layout of his home system. There were at least twenty-four contacts in the system and they were all flying in formation. Eighteen of the contacts were moving faster than the others.

"Eighteen various starfighters, I am able to identify Z-95s, T-Wings, Razors, and R-41s. Five contacts are freighter class vessels and one is a light warship class. Two Bulk Freighters, one Action VI and one YT-1300. The warship is a Corellian Corvette, looks like it has some modifications to it."

All the Lieutenant had was his Nebulon-B Escort frigate and its complentary two squadrons of TIE Fighters and Interceptors. Not to mention a lot of civilian ships to defend from these, without a doubt, pirates.

Imperial Forces
    1 Nebulon-B Escort Frigate
    [Starfighter Squadrons: 1 TIE Fighter, 1 TIE Interceptor] (Not launched)

Pirate Forces
    1 Corellian Corvette
    1 Action VI Transport
    1 YT-1300 Freighter
    2 Bulk Freighters
    1 Z-95 Squadron
    1 R-41 Squadron
    3 T-wings
    3 Razors

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Good news, folks--I fly back this evening, and I'll be landing Monday morning. I should have some posts up at that point. :)

21. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    Varanii turns after the sensor reports feed in...he turns one quarter.

Comm...send a signal to System Defense..Tell them we have contacted large Pirate force moving towards civilian traffic...give ship types and request reinforcements.

Hits Intercom

This is Acting Commander Varanii....Battlestations! All Tie Crews report to Launch Stations, Launch Control launch all fighters as soon they are ready...full combat loads.

Varanii turned slowly again as the crew lept to action the engineering officer was on his comm running shield test checking with the energy draws on the engines, and the test charges through the weapons as they were prepped.

Helm give me three quarters on the engines, Weapons Turbolasers concentrate on the Corvette if you cant pick the next biggest on down but shes the priority, Smaller batteries on the fighters but watch for torpedoes and missles

After the Ties clear the hangar he orders the shields raised and sits in the Command Chair,

Chief of the Watch Rig for Red, All Troops stand by to repel boarders, damage control we are engaging multiple targets stand by.

As the control row went green Varanii stood again...and turned to the others

Alright, Lets do what we signed up for and then get home...a small smile crossed his face as he knew that had the desired effect. He sat back in the chair as the lights changed to red.

TAG GM

22. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    Ok As is

Nebulon B Escort Frigate-Decent Warship, Good FirePower, Shielding.
    !Squadron of 12 tie Interceptors-excelletn speed and Manuverability, good pilots deadly weapons
    1 Squadron of 12 tie I/n fighters-fast manuverable good pilots
    In the Varanii System an Industrial Powerhouse in the Inner Rim.Crawling with system patrol craft and other armed Imperial Vessels....vs.

A corvette modified-could be a problem those are nasty
    a yt 1300....not all of them are the Falcon, most of them arent
    an Action vi even if it was like the Wild Kardde a Neb will fry it
    Bulk Freighters just that
    The fighters are all antiquated and will be eaten alive by the TIES except maybe the razors and the Interceptors will take them...the Imperials dont even need numerical advantage against the fighters and they do...but Pirate stuff can be suprising.

23. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    GRANDADMVARANII

OOC: You are in IBoP now, don't be too confident. Or you will find DS_A knocking.
    Think above a vessels intrinsic abilities. Expect the unlikely. And know when to retreat, you don't want to lose your character in one day.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Especially against me. If I can trick the Head-Game Master, be wary of me. ;)

GRANDADMIRALVARANII

Varan System

The entire ship reported that it was ready and at battlestations. Its complimentary starfighters had launched and were heading for the approaching enemy force. The Nebulon-Bs shields were raised and its guns began targetting the Corellian Corvette and any starfighters that threatened it, but had yet to fire. The enemy was still out of range, another two kilometers and it had a slight chance of hitting the vessels but would more than likely be a waste of firepower.

Tactical showed the T-wings and Razors protecting the Bulk Freighters, which would have been expected since the frieghters were unarmed and vulnerable to starfighter attacks and if the pirates wanted to get away with any goods, they would need them. The freighters were also slow compared to the rest of the pirate force. The Z-95s and the R-41s divided up into several smaller groups, mixing their numbers so that they were not just of one particular class. It would make things more interesting and more difficult for the Imperial pilots.

The Action VI stayed with the frieghters and the Corellian Corvette while the YT-1300 joined the starfighters in the dogfight. Much to the Imperials surprise, it was just as heavily modified as the Millenium Falcon. It was equipped with dorsal and ventral quad-laser cannons and also had its own forward concussion missile launchers. It's shields were strong and it was just as fast as a TIE Interceptor. It was the strength behind the pirate starfighters.

The pirate force continued to approach the Nebulon-B frigate, it was now obvious that they intended to board the vessel and take her or her cargo as a prize.

25. GRANDADMVARANII

May 16, 2005
    Varanii read the screens his inherant tactical ability showed he was grossly out numbered...the YT-1300 was a Falcon copy cat and the Corvette was well armed he hoped command would respond.

Helm Reverse engines but do not turn away make them follow us....straight into the Gundarks mouth...
    Aye Sir,
    The Tie Commander saw what was going on he knew the tactic...it had been discussed, Varanii was beam-baiting falling back slowly before an aggressive enemy knowing the would follow..if the stopped to acquire other prey they would have to expose their flanks to him and become vulnerable...

If the Yt is feeling lucky he could just attack if he goes it alone he could hurt us but not before we mortally wound him, then the Corvette, then the frieghters.

He Turned to the Comm Officer to see if he had recieved any transmissions from Command.

Engineering, Transfer Aux Power to Shields, divert power from non-essentials to shields and engines.

Aye Sir,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.