1. There Are Only a Few Days Left to Vote in the RPF Awards!

Click here to view the ballot!

SWRPF Archive Galactic Empire (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Martz family farm, outskirts of Pesktda, Garqi

Field Marshal Veers was unconscious by the time they got him onto a bed in the guest bedroom. When Olivia pulled away the cloak in an attempt to make him comfortable, she would discover a frail and sickly man in place of the stocky and strong soldier she had seen last spring. His skin sagged where he had lost an incrediable amount of weight from the lack of proper nurioushment. The Supreme Commander's hands were thin and she could see the bones slightly defined by the taut skin. Had he continued to be starved, in another month he would have looked like a skeleton with sagging skin.

When the doctor arrived and after peeling away his tattered cloths, those present could see that he has several yellowing bruises, many of them still a few days fresh, black and blue. There were many cuts and it looked like a few of his ribs had been broken and improperly dealt with or not dealt with at all. His ribs were swollen and dark just like his left arm, which the doctor believes had also been broken.

There were various degrees of infections on his body where cuts had been reopened from continued beatings. And most significantly was the infection at his right temple. Nearly the entire side of his face was swollen from fluid buildup. The injury that caused the infection was inflammed with redness and it looked extremely painful. He was hot to the touch, indicating a high fever and his lips and skin were parch from the lack of water.

He was dying.

Next Morning...

Maximilian had no idea how long he had been out. The only reason he awoke was because of the sound of birds chirping outside of the room he was in. At first he had thought he was dreaming, still believing he was trapped in the cold and dark cell that had been his home for the last three months. But thats when he noticed there was light beyond his closed eyelid. He opened his eyes, or at least tried to. His right eye was covered with bandages and he couldn't use it because of them.

He did not mind. It meant that he was receiving medical aid.

Veers turned his head to the side to see where he was. He recognized the guest room he had stayed in the last time he had been here. He tried to sit up in the comfortable bed he was in, but found his strength had finally left him. The sounds he had made attracted the attention of someone in the room and for a second he almost lost his nerve when he did not recognize the man--when he thought she had found him again. But he calmed down at once when the man introduced himself as Doctor Nervel.

"What happened?" he inquired, still unsure what had happened when he arrived here. He wondered where Jean was. Probably milling about the house, invisible.

TAG: Nick, Thok
  2. Thok Jedi Master

star 6
    IC: Grand Admiral Randal Duflin

Coruscant

The Admiral nodded to his emperor, indicating there was indeed more disturbing news to be told. "There is something more my lord. According to Admiral LeMond, the rather small force he encountered included imperial designed craft. The ship in question was infact a Victory Class - Star Destroyer that records claim to be still patroling the inner core regions. If such a small fleet of theirs was containing a ship of Imperial design, i would fear that more ships such as this lay in wait near N'Zoth.

Tag: Jello
  3. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    IC: Orsino and Olivia Martz

Dr. Nervel was looking at the monitor of a portable medical scanner when he heard the voice of Field Marshal Veers.

"Well, from what I can tell, you blacked out as a result of extreme fatigue and infection to several wounds, namely those sustained to your cranium."

Wat Nervel was a elderly man of normal build, with a slight thickening around his center. With snow white hair and tanned but wrinkled skin, the doctor had the look of a grandfather. A longtime friend of the Martz family, he had delivered all of Orsino and Olivia's children. Former head of the Pesktda Hills Medical Center, the man had retired several years back, deciding to open a small practice outside the bustling city.

"You are lucky you arrived here on Garqi when you did. Had you spent a few more days away from actual medical attention and I reckon you would of lost that eye, as well as suffered nerve damage that could of paralized half of your face."

TAG: Mitthy, Thok
  4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6

He shifted in the bed slightly to a more comfortable position. "Very fortunate for me then," the Field Marshal replied in a soft but raspy voice. "What is the full extent of my state of health?" He quietly listened as the doctor explained his current health situation. While he listened he could smell a faint odor wafting up from downstairs. Veers recognized the smell as food cooking and suspected that since it was still morning, Olivia Martz was making breakfast.

He was starving, literally, and wanted to go downstairs and join the Martz in a good morning breakfast. The look on his face said as much as his gaze shifted beyond the doctor towards the door. "It will be good to eat something else other than stale rations and regularly too." He grimaced slightly at the memories of being starved for days and then being fed for a few days just to keep him alive. The pain of starvation was one feeling he did not want to go through again, but unfortunately it was something he was feeling now.

He hadn't had anything to eat since his last meal slightly over a week ago. "I will be able to eat real food?" he hoped. He disliked hospital food or anything resembling it.

5. nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan

star 4

The vagabond had heard of Veer's betrayal, but was surprised when he had heard that he was here, on Garqi. Through a pair of stolen macro-binoculars he surveyed the farm. Beneath the lenses, the beggar's lips parted in a sneer, revealing the rows of jagged, yellow teeth that could not be concealed by the Ooglith Masquer.

It was not yet time to reveal himself, but perhaps this Veers could be exploited. As he slithered away, he flung the mechanical eyes in to the bushes and spat in his hands to wash away their filth.

"The heresy of exile" he thought to himself as he disappeared back into the wilderness...

OOC: Totally unrelated to your little RP, but I just want to keep you guys on your toes!!! Sorry for the interruption, carry on!
  6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    NITHRAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY MAN!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!
  7. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    IC: Orsino and Olivia Martz

Martz family farm, Pesktda, Garqi

Dr. Nervel glanced at a chart before answering the field marshal.

"Actually, now that you have recieved the appropriate care and attention, your condition is vastly improved. I managed to repair the damage to your nerve system and any brain areas that were affected, so you will no longer suffer from blackouts. My only prescription now is for you to take is easy and rest. Your body will heal completely if you promise me not to overexert yourself."

The doctor motioned over to a hoverchair in the rooms corner. "You will be required to use this hoverchair for the next week, at least until I feel that your body has healed to a level that allows you to walk great distances without experiencing fatigue."

Veers asked about food. This drew a chuckle from the doctor. "My only prescribed medicine is hot meals and plenty of them. I am sure that Olivia will increase your weight by 30 pounds before she is through."

There was a polite tap at the door. In came Olivia Martz, carrying a large tray of food.

"Field Marshal, I did not know what you prefered, so I made you a variety of breakfast food."

A variety was a understatement. Fresh fruits from the garden, preserves, freshly made bread, sweet pastries, a variety of baked goods, and fresh eggs from the fowl in the field. There was also a steaming cup of caf, some fresh fruit juice, and a small unmarked bottle.

The doctor grabbed the bottle and took a wiff. "I can see what Orsino has sent you Field Marhsal", chuckled Nervel. "Smells like one of his finer vintages of choholl."

TAG: Mitthy, Thok
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Maximilian chuckled softly at the doctors comments while Olivia placed the tray of food in front of him. He had the help of the doctor to sit up in the bed and before he began digging into the meal in front of him, he turned to Olivia; "Right now, my dear, I am so hungry I could eat anything." And to prove it, he smiled and dug right into the fruit.

The sweet, juicy taste against his tongue was like eating ambrosia. Gods do I miss food, he thought as he paused long enough to take a large sip of fruit juice. Forgetting his manners, he spoke between mouthfuls; "You can keep bringing me anything you feel like cooking and I'll eat it." He coughed on a piece of the pastry and decided it would be best to slow down.

"So no overexerting myself, eh?" he said to the doctor after having eaten half of what Olivia had brought up to him. As much as he wanted to eat the rest, he didn't think his stomach could handle any more food at the moment. "And to use that?" he pointed a fork at the hoverchair. "Come now doctor, I've been cooped up in a six by six cell for three months. I want to use my legs and get out to some fresh air. I want to take a shower and feel clean again and having to use that..." He trailed off, knowing that his point was understood.

He wanted his environment to feel less and less like a prison and having to be confined to a hoverchair for a week would feel like he had no freedom at all despite the fact that he really was free. Veers hid a small smile behind a glass of choholl wine and leaned back into the pillows. "Freedom never tasted so good."

9. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    OOC: NITHRAK! :D [face_love]

Nick: Pssst.... BAD idea. Have your doctor dude tell Veers to take it easy, 'cause when someone starves, their capacity to ingest food is dramatically reduced and their digestive track literally shrinks. Don't give him all that crazy food, tell him to eat lightly (starved people don't need much nourishment) and as they days go by he can eat more and more. Give him a week or two to work up his atrophied muscles and digestive systems. :) [/advice] My mom the doctor would be proud. :p

Thok: Will post soon, just wanted to get this OOC in.
  10. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    OOC:

Jello:

I was under the assumption that Veers had been with Jean for at least a week, during which time he could slowly begin to comsume food on a regular basis. Furthermore, seeing as this is just an RPG, I chose not to get to technical on my doctor's prognosis. If I was incorrect on the time that has passed since Veers escaped, I will leave it to Mitthy to decide what he wants to do.

Thanks for the info though.

--Adm. Nick

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  12. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    OOC: Kay. I just don't want you to give LSA an excuse to kill you. He might post something like 'Veers overate and died.' [face_laugh] :D
  13. Thok Jedi Master

star 6
    ooc: ni....nit.....nithrak!? YES!

IC: Jean LeBlanc

Jean could not help but smile slightly as he saw the field marshal finally dig into the food that had sat before him. Truely it was a good feeling to have released Veers from his captivity, but in the back of his head, Jean continued to reaffirm his decision by saying he released the field marshal from captivity of Lucifer, not Madam Isard. But then again, why was there the royal guard present with the field marshal? His only conclusion was that even Madam Isard's ranks were being infected with memebers of the Fallen Angel's followers. Nonetheless, Veers was in a place that was better for him, somewhere that he would be able to recoup from his injuries without the worry of any more damage or starvation. Giving in to his temptations, Jean sat down in the hover chair without notice of the doctor, or Maximillain. Slowly, the sith began to move the chair towards the bed, anouncing quite subtly his presence in the room.

"I must admit i stole a bite of Ms. Martz's cooking a bit earlier downstairs. Quite tasty. Don't you agree Mr. Veers?"

Tag: Mitthy, Nick
  14. Blue_10 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OOC: I got me the wedge shaped ships, whooh dogy! [face_dancing]

IC:
    Near Garqi, Outer Rim Territories

Endless... It seemed that since Marius was put in charge of the new task force, he had all of the ships running nearly endless simulations against the Vong craft based on the data gathered thus far concerning the enemy. He stared into the void from the Captain's chair on the bridge of Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Emperor's Benediction. Klaxons sounded in the crew pits as the ship's computer simulated it's own annihlation at the hands of the Vong. All went silent as the simulation ended and the crew looked up expectantly at their new commander. "Again." Commodore Ardan said simply. "If we hope to cause any hinderence to the xenos, we'll have to do alot better than that. Star Destroyers aren't assigned in large formations like this on a whim. High Command has to be expecting them to hit even harder than on Dantooine to put three Star Destroyers here."

What use were such speeches? Doubtless, the crew already knew the fate of Dantooine and the half dozen other systems so far consumed by the Vong Invasion. Probe droids were already lining the Garqi system's edge to act as early warning beacons when the Vong finally came. Marius did not doubt that his men would do their duty to the Emperor but they had to be kept sharp. They would be here soon.

TAG: LSA
  15. ShadowWarrior Jedi Youngling

star 3
    IC: Draug Layor

Unknown Regions

He remained within the Unknown Regions for two days after the departure of Field Marshal Veers, brooding over the collapse of his plans. Ysanne Isard had worked to provide Layor with an opportunity and he had only served to fail her. Their plan to rebuild the Galactic Empire had come to an end. So be it, he thought to himself with finality. With Veers unwilling to take his position of leadership at the head of the Empire, a being with greater ambition and strength would do so in his stead.

Draug Layor returned to Bastion to speak with the Director once again. Their plans would require acceleration, especially since the fall of Dantooine and the volatile standing of Project Legacy. Time was of the essence, and, having come so far they would not give in at all easily. The Empire would be reformed and restored, with or without Veers' support.

TAG: LightSide_Apprentice
  16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Admiral Thax Varioun

SSD Iron Fist - Endor, Moddell Sector, Outer Rim

"Are you aware of the fact that we are at war, Captain?" Varioun replied disapprovingly. "Regardless of whether they pose a threat to Imperial operations here, they are still the enemy and should not be treated as if they were allies. Unless, of course, you have allied yourself with the enemy." The implication was obvious.

"You will inform these rebels that they are to leave the system at once. If they do not, they will be forced out."

His second approached him, drawing his attention away from the holoscreen for a moment. Varioun read the information the captain was able to obtain on the Justice's Hand. One of Vollurn's ships, he concluded. That information was most disturbing if the implications of what he is witnessing here are indeed true.

Agent-in-Charge Mitth Nuruodo

Trade Federation Battleship, Toydaria

Reasley contacted Mitth on their secure comlink channel and informed him of the opposition that currently occupied the hanger where their ship was docked. "A small army of droids?" Mitth repeated while he planted explosives at key locations in the engineering room. He and Heinz were low on grenades and power packs, just enough to pick there way back to the hanger and he did not believe Reasley and Arison had enough between themselves to take on all those droids.

"What's the plan?" Heinz inquired after setting the last satchel.

"I'm thinking," the Chiss replied and glanced around engineering. "We control the entire ship from here. Right?"

"Well not exactly," the agent replied. "Mainly power."

"That's pretty much controlling the ship. We can deny or reroute power to sections of the ship. These droids operate from a main computer, what would happen if we denied power to the core?"

"The computer would shut down along with the droids," Reasley concluded. "A splendid idea, I say we do it. If it doesn't work, well Arison and I will know."

"Even if it doesnt work. We can still control the ship. Deny power to blast doors, whole corridors, get us a safe route to another ship or to the bridge again."

"But they'll have the bridge covered, won't they?"

"Probably. But they can't squeeze a small army into the bridge like they can in a hanger."

"Meh, didn't look like it the last time we were in there." Arison quipped.

"Regardless, it is a plan and better than just charging in with blasters blazing," Mitth chastised. He turned to Heinz, "Stand guard while I find the controls to deny power to this ship." Heinz nodded and took up a position that gave him a excellent vantage point of the entrance into the chamber while his superior walked over to the power controls and began examining the writing. As much as he would like to take control of this ship, he just wanted to get off and end this mission. So the best way to do that was to disable the droids, escape and detonate the satchels behind them.

He accessed a computer and began shutting down power to the ship. The only place he would leave at least emergancy power to would be their hanger. No point in decompressing the hanger when they're not on the freighter yet. Thinking about decompression, he got a wild idea on how to get rid of the droids just encase they were still active.

He alerted Reasley and Arison to stay out of the hanger and gave them a few minutes before he shut down the shielding that protected the occupants inside the hanger from the vaccum of space. Anything inside that was not clamped down to the floor, wall or ceiling would suddenly find itself sucked out into vaccum. The ship would be fine, its magnetic docking clamps will keep it in place.

"Let's go. We don't have long before the bridge restores power to the ship."

The two commandos left for the hanger.

17. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, AdmiralNick22

Veers overate and died.

Blue_10

Garqi, Outer Rim Territories

Commodore Marius Ardan arranged for scores of probe droids to line the system's edges, designed to act as early warning beacons for when the Yuuzhan Vong finally came, as he knew they would. Marius did not doubt that his men would do their duty to the Emperor but they had to be kept sharp. They would be here soon.

And so they were. The commodore received word from intelligence gathered by one of the probe droids placed at the far reaches of the system. Several large warships had been spotted of Yuuzhan Vong design. Two gunships and two cruisers among them, there seemed to be a number of smaller vessels arriving the reinforce and increase the group's present number.

Estimations from the best fleet analysts indicated an expected attack on Garqi within the next two days. Fairly accurate in their work, the analysts took no joy in being correct. When the Yuuzhan Vong came, it was indeed on the second day. They came with the two gunships that were spotted earlier, just as the cruisers and smaller support craft, but with a larger warship, too.

Commodore Marius Ardan [Galactic Empire]

1 Imperial I-class Star Destroyer
    [Squadrons available: 3 TIE/ln, 2 TIE Interceptor, 1 TIE Bomber]
    2 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
    [Squadrons available: 4 TIE/ln squadrons]
    1 Nebulon-B Frigate
    [Squadrons available: 2 TIE/ln squadrons]
    1 Strike Cruiser
    1 Dreadnaught
    [Squadrons available: 1 TIE/ln squadrons]
    2 Corellian Gunships

AdmiralNick22

Myrkr, Inner Rim

His present force, a Victory II-class Star Destroyer, two Strike Cruisers and two Nebulon-B Frigates moved at full speed to engage the recently arrived warhips under the leadership of Commodore Lysander Martz. For all Jeekair knew, this unwelcome force had been sent by Gregory Thane, or worse, his father, Field Marshal Veers, in an effort to reclaim and restore their ghastly legacy. The captain would die before surrendering the world to them.

Captain Jeekair Nud smiled sadly. He was a soldier. Despite his feelings, his duty was to obey orders from his superiors. "On my mark," he called, his voice loud and clear across the silent bridge. Almost there, he thought to himself, as the distance between his force and that of Iaius' Empire drew more thin. "Ready. Mark." His smiled faded, replaced with a grim expression. Hyperspace greeted him with a brilliant elongation of stars.

ShadowWarrior

Spider's Lair, beneath the planet's crust, Bastion

It was not paranoia as much as it was a generally intense sense of distrust. Draug Layor was sent through a number of security and weapons checks, despite his attempts and efforts to prove himself as the Director's Hand. Apparently security on the capital had been increased since his last visit. This meeting, for example, was held deep within the planet's underground and not the usual Palace setting.

He was greeted by a pair of Royal Guardsmen he could not hope to recognise. They allowed his entry into the chamber beyond and closed the door behind him. Layor found the dark setting familiar. Many of his former meetings with the Director took place in such surroundings.

"Disappointing." Her ice cold tone cut through the air and into Layor's heart. "You are alone."

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Endor, Moddell Sector, Outer Rim

"Are you aware of the fact that we are at war, Captain?" Varioun replied disapprovingly. "Regardless of whether they pose a threat to Imperial operations here, they are still the enemy and should not be treated as if they were allies. Unless, of course, you have allied yourself with the enemy." The implication was obvious.

"You wil
  18. nsper7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OOC: I will try to get a post up within a few days; I have been real busy w/ school starting.
  19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    With permission from AdmiralNick22 to use his characters in order to move the story along, this is the result...

Martz Family farm, outskirts of Pesktda, Garqi

The doctor was insistant that he take it easy on the first week of true recovery. Although his wounds were healing, his eye still hurt from the infection. The pain of hunger subsided as he began to eat on a regularly schedule and delicious foods. He didn't consume as much as he had done the first time, finding that he had gotten the galaxy's worse stomach ache shortly afterwards. He let Jean play with the hoverchair, he didn't want to bother with it as he considered it a sign of weakness and after all he's been through he would be damned to give in now.

The Field Marshal tried to relax but he was aching to move around. Having let Jean play with the hoverchair, he was confined to the bed and short walks across his room. By the end of the week he had enough of doing nothing and began bringing his body back into tip-top shape. It was during one of these morning calisthetics sessions he was interrupted by a knock on the door. Knowing who it might be, he said without missing a beat in his pushups; "Enter."

He heard the door creak open and the soft footsteps of Olivia Martz entering the room. He heard her pause before continuing over to the stationary desk and setting the tray of food down. "You should be resting, Field Marshal."

"I'm fine," he grunted. He was shirtless, only wearing the pants given to him. Olivia had gotten rid of his tattered uniform and gave him some of her husband's older clothing he could no longer fit into. She could see the scarring patterns from his imprisonment, some of them still fresh wounds patched over with gauze pads. He heard her give him a disapproving tut.

"Don't make me tell Doctor Nervel that you haven't been listening to his orders," she warned pleasantly but with a hint of seriousness behind it. Veers smiled and finished another set of pushups before stopping and sitting on the floor, looking up at her.

"Of course, madam," he replied and pushed himself to his feet again. The Imperial Supreme Commander walked over to the desk to see what Olivia was stuffing him with this morning. "This is new," he stated as he poked at it, deciding which he should start at first.

"Decided that you should experiance the full spectrum of Garqian delicacies."

Veers chuckled softly. "At this rate I'll have gained back my weight and then some."

"I am glad you enjoy my cooking."

"Men should rot if they didn't." He took a mouthful of a slice of nerf covered in a ground vegetable he didn't know the name of but still tasted good. Olivia left him to eat his breakfast alone and he took that time to think on what he was going to do after he had fully recovered.

He still did not know the full situation in the Empire or how badly his message had distablized Iaius's powerbase. The only thing he did know is that the Invaders had established a secure foothold within the galaxy. Although Imperial channels were not admitting to anything, hearing nothing from frontier regions for a long time would worm its way coreword through the spacers. Rumors would spread like wildfire and as more and more worlds fell, the greater the inferno. Yet he did not know if the Empire was doing anything to stop them. Through Orsino he had heard the New Republic were making a stand.

Then came news of Imperial ships entering the system.

Orsino had asked him what he made of it. At the time he had only given three possible speculations. The ships were only stopping in system for food supplies and then heading out again, they were using Garqi as a launch point for an attack or they were here to defend Garqi. The latter was becoming more and more true as the ships continued to stay in-system.

Just what he needed. To be stuck on a planet under attack.

He finished his breakfast and went downstairs to have a talk with Orsino. The more he thought about it, the more likely the planet was
  20. ShadowWarrior Jedi Youngling

star 3
    IC: Draug Layor

Bastion

Layor did not respond as he approached. His pace was cautious but not fearful. He did not take joy in his failure and was ready to accept whatever criticism or punishment the Director offered him. He stepped toward her, his gaze forward and his helmet tucked comfortably in his left arm.

There was no cause for a verbal response so me made none. He simply stood silently and waited.

When no further words came from the Director, he spoke up, his own words chosen very carefully. "Veers has been set free. Grand Inquisitor LeBlanc is with him." Clear and to the point, he knew frivolity had no place in the presence of such a powerful and influential woman.

TAG: LightSide_Apprentice
  21. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    OOC: It's a combine. :) It takes place a few months in the past, by the way.

Imperial Palace

Galactic Emperor Iaius I
    and Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello

He couldn't find his left sock.

Yes, this was a disaster--no, a CALAMITY--of epic proportions. The Galactic Emperor simply could not find his left sock. One wonders what importance a left sock would be: especially since the Emperor spent most of his work in the Palace, where he was barefoot. He needed footwear in the Throne Room, however. What would the galaxy think of he was missing a sock? No, this would not do at all.

Kiera would know where his sock was. She knew these things. He strongly suspected that she knew everything but would sometimes play at being less than she really was.

Women always knew everything.

But therein lay another problem? Where was Kiera?

Kiera was, predictably, sleeping-- it was very early in the morning, after all. And despite the busy schedule that came with being a member of the royal family, one of the perks was that sometimes, one could simply choose to sleep in.

And today was just one of those days.

He searched all over the Palace for her. He would have used the Force, but it was his belief that not even the Force could make sense of a woman's mind. And he was afraid of what he'd find there.

Nevertheless, he eventually found her in the last place he'd think to find her. In the adjoining room to the refresher: the bedroom! She was still in bed. Naturally, he'd missed it since she was usually the early riser. The rumpled corner of his side of the bed had also--conveniently--masked her slim form, so he hadn't immediately noticed.

He walked over to her, watching her chest move up and down under the bedsheets and he wondered whether or not he should wake her. It was just a sock...but not any sock, it was the Emperor's sock! Besides, they were soulmates, she was never truly mad at him.

So Iaius delicately and softly tapped the soft skin of her shoulder to wake her up.

"Mmm, what time is it?" Kiera murrmured,covering her eyes and refusing to wake up entirely unless it was truly necessary. "Do you need help with the kids?"

He bit his lip, wondering how gracefully and diplomatically he could put it. "Kiera, have you seen my left sock?"

"You have to be joking," his wife moaned in frustration. She turned her back to him and tried to bury herself in the blankets. "I am not waking up for that."

He bit his lip. This was going to be difficult: but for the sake of the galaxy, it had to be done.

He kneeled at the side of his bed, to bring his head level to Kiera's body. He whispered at the back of her head. "Kiera... this is important."

She considered the request for a moment. Helping Iaius was certainly a good option-- it would keep him happy and healthy and save the family from the embarassment that would certainly occur were their leader to appear in public without one sock. But it was so early, and the bed was so comfortable, and she didn't want to leave.

"So," she sighed dramatically, "What will I get for helping you?"

He blinked. He hadn't expected her to ask that. She drove a tough bargain, and he wasn't sure if he could match her high standards. Still, he'd start off low and see how long it took for her to agree. "My undying love and devotion?" he suggested.

"I thought I already had that," she said, voice muffled by the pillows.

She was good. Alright then, one step further. "I'll make you tea?"

"You always cheat and have the droids make it," she pointed out. "Don't think I don't notice."

She didn't have the Force, as far as he could tell. How would she realize? Damn her smartness. Fine, it was time for the heavy artillery. "I'll give you a massage..." he said reluctantly.

Kiera immediately perked up, and one eye opened slightly. "When?" she inquired.

Damn, he was in for it. "Whenever you want..." he muttered dutifully.

"Deal," she agreed, climbing out of bed.

The Empress walked over to a small clothes
    />
  22. Blue_10 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OOC: Is another privillage of being Emperor having socks which are identifiable of clearly being meant for the right or left foot? :p
  23. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Blue_10

"All ships, have fighters intercept enemy ordnance," Marius ordered, preparing his pilots for battle even as coralskippers began to spew forth to form a loose screen in front of their larger capital vessels. "Target the Xenos gravitic singularity emmiters. Have the 604th bomber squadron go for the biggest one's emmitters and we'll support."

Commodore Marius Ardan watched then as his forces rallied to his command. Fighters spread out ahead of his main formation, as an opening slavo from his available turbolaser batteries unleashed one blast after another, into the largest of the enemy warships. The 604th formed up for a run on that same vessel, knowing that they would be swarmed by the screening coralskippers before they even drew within range of their primary target.

Thus far all damage to the warship was greedily consumed by its dovin basals.

Commodore Marius Ardan [Galactic Empire]

1 Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Emperor's Benediction
    [Squadrons available: 3 TIE/ln, 2 TIE Interceptor, 1 TIE Bomber]
    2 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
    [Squadrons available: 4 TIE/ln squadrons]
    1 Nebulon-B Frigate
    1 Strike Cruiser
    1 Dreadnaught
    [Squadrons available: 1 TIE/ln squadrons]
    2 Corellian Gunships

Yuuzhan Vong
    1 Miid Ro'ik Warship
    [Coralskippers Launched: 6 Squadrons]
    2 Suuv Ban D'Krid Cruisers
    [Coralskippers Launched: 6 Squadrons]
    2 Uumufalh Gunships

ShadowWarrior

Spider's Lair, beneath the planet's crust, Bastion

It was not paranoia as much as it was a generally intense sense of distrust. Draug Layor was sent through a number of security and weapons checks, despite his attempts and efforts to prove himself as the Director's Hand. Apparently security on the capital had been increased since his last visit. This meeting, for example, was held deep within the planet's underground and not the usual Palace setting.

He was greeted by a pair of Royal Guardsmen he could not hope to recognise. They allowed his entry into the chamber beyond and closed the door behind him. Layor found the dark setting familiar. Many of his former meetings with the Director took place in such surroundings.

"Disappointing." Her ice cold tone cut through the air and into Layor's heart. "You are alone."

Layor did not respond as he approached. His pace was cautious but not fearful. He did not take joy in his failure and was ready to accept whatever criticism or punishment the Director offered him. He stepped toward her, his gaze forward and his helmet tucked comfortably in his left arm.

There was no cause for a verbal response so me made none. He simply stood silently and waited.

When no further words came from the Director, he spoke up, his own words chosen very carefully. "Veers has been set free. Grand Inquisitor LeBlanc is with him." Clear and to the point, he knew frivolity had no place in the presence of such a powerful and influential woman.

Ysanne Isard looked down upon him from her Throne. Her eyes narrowed, staring ice and fire. She had certainly not expected Jean to interfere with her efforts within the Unknown Regions. Of course, only one such as he would be able to oppose her Hand. But, why? Isard supressed her fleeting sense of annoyance. She would need to watch Jean's loyalties.

"You will continue with our plan. Since the fall of Dantooine we have been forced to redirect our shipments to our secondary base of operations. Travel there and release all available units." She stood slowly, and gracefully, then proceeded to approach Layor with what, for her, was a pleasant smile. "Do not fail me," she warned coolly.

When Layor finally turned and departed, Director Isard prepared her own transport arrangements. She put out a call to Grand Admiral Vullorn, requesting his presence within the Palace at Bastion. Her message included r
  24. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We present: A Combine, between these fine upstanding users: GrandAdmiralJello, LightSide-Apprentice, NaboosPrincess and Thok.
    Galactic Emperor Iaius Jello, Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello, Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello, Princess Arya Padme Jello, Princess Julyet Estella Jello, Duke Randal Duflin, Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin, Prince Claudius Jello
    Imperial Palace, Coruscant

All was quiet in the slightly darkened room in the Imperial Palace. They weren't in the Imperial Quarters, but rather, a smaller-sized meeting room that had been converted over for the purpose of showing the new child to friends and family.

The Emperor and Empress had gathered their family together for this most special occasion, and the proud older siblings stood in the center of the room, admiring their new baby sister.

Arya leaned forward, trying to catch a little peek at the child in her crib. She was supposed to stand still since it was a dressing-up occasion, but this was the first sibling she was old enough to remember as a baby, because she had been too young to remember Ty as an infant. The excitement hadn't worn off yet!

"Arya," Ty whispered, "Stay with baby while I say hi to Uncle Randal and Auntie Lusha?"

"Um," Arya thought about it. "Well... okay." She bounded over to where the child was and beamed happily.

Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello glanced back to make sure his sister was on baby duty and then promptly rushed across the room and hugged the pair of legs belonging to his aunt Lucrecia.

Smiling with a sense of both joy and awe at the child born of the Emperor and Empress, the very last thing Lucrecia expected was her legs to be ... hugged? Her smile grew more broad as she looked down at the young boy holding her legs. She reached down and bent her knees slightly, touching young Tybalt's cheek with the back of her hand. "You have another sister," she said, her warm voice a near whisper in the quiet room.

Ty grinned and nodded happily. "Mother say I can help take care of baby," he explained, puffing his chest out proudly. "She is so pretty, Auntie Lusha! Just like you."

She almost giggled, only to smile more so. Lucrecia moved her arms and held Tybalt's little hands in her own. "That's an important task, young man. Your mother trusts you to watch out for your new sister, and for Arya, too. I know you won't disappoint her." She offered him a serious expression, though she struggled with the smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

He could not help but smile as he watched his wife entertain the young Prince Tybalt. Just seeing her playing with him made Randal think about their own future, and if having children was something the two of them should consider.

Placing his hand on the shoulder of the young prince, Randal realized that he no longer had bend over to give the little one his expression of endearment. The kids were getting older faster than he could keep track, and here his cousin was having yet another. Life itself was flying by, perhaps it was time to throw out an anchor of his own to slow down his passage. He looked to Lucrecia, and wondered how she felt about the subject of children, due to the fact neither had discussed it with the other.

Lucrecia knew that expression. She had seen it more than once these past few weeks, and on occasion before that. While she loved children, she was not so sure she wanted to have one, or more, of her own. Kiera made it all look so easy, but Lucrecia wasn't quite convinced. And yet, as she looked from Tybalt's bright and innocent eyes up toward the deep loving eyes of her husband, she felt her heart warming to them both.

She kissed Tybalt's forehand and offered him a smile of reassurance and approval. "Take good care of the ladies that love you," she said to him, as she straightened and slipped her arm beneath Randal's, resting her head on his strong shoulder.

"Oh Lucrecia, you are always so good with the children," Kiera said as she approached the happy couple/>
  25. Blue_10 Jedi Padawan

star 4

Marius watched as his fighters intercepted the enemy ships. Though there were more TIEs than Coral Skippers, Marius knew that the enemy were stronger and it would come down to skill and training if the Imperials were to win here. Hopefully the TIEs would be able to hold off the Coral Skippers long enough for the Bombers to do some serious damage to the Miid Ro'ik Warship. "Prepare torpedo salvo and fire!" he ordered. "Continue focusing on the gravitic singularity emmiters. Pick them off one by one."

How much punishment could these Vong just shrug off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.